Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 17th July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday Evening

R89 & Super Thin (7)
ToBS Lavender Cream & Semogue 1250
Alum
Proraso ASB

The ATG was a bit too far on this blade so a little irritation was noticed when the Alum went around. The Lavender was nice though (as supplied by the B & H deal), but i probably was a bit generous with it :)

Friday Morn

R89 & Yellow 7 (1)
Tabac & Semogue 1250
Alum
Tabac AS

Quite like Yellows, must keep a couple back to remind myself of the fact should i see them on the cheap :D

Friday
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Heljestrand no 9 1/2, w Purpleheart wood scales
Brush:Semouge 2000
Soap: Tabac
AS: Dr Harris Sandalwood
Result: Very, very clean :D :shave

46126d1279871083-sotd-sun-july-18th-sat-july-24rd-snb12891.jpg

Friday

Cobra Classic/Feather Pro Blade*
'66 Superspeed/Iridium
EJ Best Badger
Tabac (Bowl)
Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive asb
Floris No89 edt

*I could tell that the Feather Pro blade was on it's way out during yesterday's shave, but I didn't get around to replacing it. I arrived in the bathroom this morning and decided to try to get one more shave out of it rather than to try and change a very sharp bladed whilst only half awake. I managed to JUST get through one pass, but that was more than enough, so second pass and touch ups were completed with the SS.

This little swap showed me just how closely the Cobra shaves, as the 2nd pass with the SS felt like it was barely removing any hair!

Found my Floris No89 sample on the shelf so put some on. I really do like this stuff.

Ian

Friday

Merkur 15C
Superthin #2
Vulfix 2235
Palmolive soap
Alum
Old Spice Whitewater AS

A 1st outing with the 15c compares well with the borrowed Gillette New, a DFS, nice.

Friday

Merkur 15c OC
Supermax SS (1)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
Ingram's Cream

Old Spice (USA) AS

Not a bad shave at all.

Someone PIF'd me 20 of these blades some time ago and (to be honest) I forgot about them but with their price now at £6 per 200 (delivered) I thought that they deserved a run out.

I thought that it may be a struggle on the first pass but by the end I was very satisfied, I'll give them a day or two more then make a decision. Anyone know who makes them and their country of origin - they are in card boxes very simliar in design to Shark and Lord, so Egyptian perhaps?

:)

Blyth Spirit said:
Friday

Merkur 15c OC
Supermax SS (1)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
Ingram's Cream

Old Spice (USA) AS

Not a bad shave at all.

Someone PIF'd me 20 of these blades some time ago and (to be honest) I forgot about them but with their price now at £6 per 200 (delivered) I thought that they deserved a run out.

I thought that it may be a struggle on the first pass but by the end I was very satisfied, I'll give them a day or two more then make a decision. Anyone know who makes them and their country of origin - they are in card boxes very simliar in design to Shark and Lord, so Egyptian perhaps?

Supermax are made in India, and they are a bloody good blade, if you ignore the blade snobbery with reviews on Badger & Blade etc
i just recently stocked up with one thousand of them, don't think they are in danger of being discontinued anytime soom but i do like to have "Stock" of good Blades.

here is a bit of info about them:

http://supermaxworld.en.ecplaza.net/

Friday

Mühle R89
Israeli (1)
Pure Badger
Shave Shacks Bluebeards Revenge Cream
Coral Skin food (pre and post)
Moisturiser

DFS apart from a lather turning pink in a few places. Quite a while since I've managed that with the razor/blade combo. Maybe the Bluebeards revenge doesn't provide enough slickness as I felt the blade skip then dig in. Or, could be be. I'll give it another go tomorrow, obviously!

Friday

PAL Injeco-matic
Personna PTFE injector blade
TBS Synthetic Brush
Da Fat
Lacura Intense Moisturising Cream
Polo Sport AS

:shock: Whooh what a razor, a blade sure does make a difference, slide the Persoona in, lathered up the Fat and oft I jolly well went nearly a BBS def a DFS, this thing is too easy to use, a brilliant shaving machine.

TTFN

Tony

sunburyboy93 said:
Blyth Spirit said:
Friday
<snip>

Supermax are made in India, and they are a bloody good blade, if you ignore the blade snobbery with reviews on Badger & Blade etc
i just recently stocked up with one thousand of them, don't think they are in danger of being discontinued anytime soom but i do like to have "Stock" of good Blades.

I read (probably on B&B) that they are the most popular razor blades in the world and that one in five people use them.
That must be one in five people that shave with a safety razor.

Tony_B said:
Friday

PAL Injeco-matic
Personna PTFE injector blade
TBS Synthetic Brush
Da Fat
Lacura Intense Moisturising Cream
Polo Sport AS

:shock: Whooh what a razor, a blade sure does make a difference, slide the Persoona in, lathered up the Fat and oft I jolly well went nearly a BBS def a DFS, this thing is too easy to use, a brilliant shaving machine.

TTFN

Tony

Excellent news. I like Injectors.

Ian

Friday

5/8 Texol No.5
Cella soap
Vulfix No.5 pure bristle
Alum block
L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra-Energetic Post-Shave balm
Floid Blue AS

Status