Saturday
Edwin Jagger DE87 razor
Feather blade (#6)
Simpson Tulip 2 (2-band) Super brush
GFT Coconut Oil shaving cream
GFT Limes skinfood
Czech & Speake #88

A little luxury today.

I have to work until 2pm and then I'm off to watch the mighty Hucknall Town play a pre-season friendly against Long Eaton - with (fingers crossed) not a Vuvuzela in sight.

4799472741_6e7c85b913.jpg

Very nice Italian themed 2 pass shave this morning at 5.30 before work. Worked well resulting in a SAS which was good as I had a little irritation after using soaps for a week. Vulfix 404 lathers very nicely so I'm pleased with that. Cella EDT is growing on me too!

Saturday:
Hot towel,
Ever ready 12a/ TRS cream
Feather Portable/Crystal
Alum
Nivea Replenishing ASB.

Thought Id give the Feather Portable an airing and it, with the Crystal, gave me a very satisfactory shave.
Delightful little razor to use and so cheap to buy :)
regards, beejay

Saturday

Cobra Classic*
Feather Professional Blade
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive asb

The Cobra is like a wide, heavy, sharper version of an Injector. I took things quite slowly and carefully with very little pressure and got a close, comfortable, blood free shave with no signs of any irritation. The width of the blade will take a bit of getting used to, but I don't foresee any issues. Early days, but I'm pleased with my purchase.

Ian

Saturday morningish
Pre: Cold shower
Brush: Ikon 24 mm chubby in jade handle
Razor: Dorko 15/16
Soap: Nannys LE Yushu
ASB: Davidoff Cold Water
AS: Alcolado Glacial
Strop: Neil Miller linnen/buffallo 30/50
Result: Best ever!

Wow, I got this razor back from Neil (honing) and it´s now a beast both in size and preformance. It was like lawning the moan, the frase "the stubble melted away" also came to mind. WOW! I also head shaved today, with my NEW. Nannys soap is really great, sooo smooth and good to the skin and slick as few.
45852d1279364567-sotd-sun-july-11th-sat-july-17th-snb12836.jpg

IanM said:
The Cobra is like a wide, heavy, sharper version of an Injector. I took things quite slowly and carefully with very little pressure and got a close, comfortable, blood free shave with no signs of any irritation. The width of the blade will take a bit of getting used to, but I don't foresee any issues. Early days, but I'm pleased with my purchase.

Ian

Nice one.

You must be one of the very few people in this country with one of those bad boys.

Was it easy enough to load the blades? The AC has a spring-loaded holder but the Cobra is a 'key' job isn't it?

Saturday

Gillette #58
Gillette Nacet Platinum (4)
Omega #49 Pro
Erasmic Soap Bowl/Erasmic Cream [uberlather]
Thayers [with added menthol]
Boots Essentials ASB
Pashana AS

Was wondering if the blade might be on its last legs [I know I should have changed it] so I made an uberlather and very slick it was to, the blade made it to the end but was tugging at the end of the shave so I have a bit of irritation above my top lip, aside that a good shave. As its Saturday I thought how abought some Pashana before I go shopping this stuff is def strong as has staying power, watch out Sainsburys here I come.

TTFN

Tony

Saturday

Gillette New
Red Personna #2
Palmolive Cream
Vulfix 2235
Alum
Old Spice Whitewater AS

As yesterday but different brush and cream, result a good lather.... Very, very nice shave from a very very nice razor.

joe mcclaine said:
IanM said:

Ian

Nice one.

You must be one of the very few people in this country with one of those bad boys.

Was it easy enough to load the blades? The AC has a spring-loaded holder but the Cobra is a 'key' job isn't it?

I found that loading the blade was ok. Not like dropping a blade into a Superspeed or injecting an Injector, but ok.

You turn a key underneath the head of the razor, the bottom of the razor head swings down, and that's where you place the blade. You *carefully* swing it back up again and turn the key back to it's start position.

You have to be careful, but it's same with anything sharp. I did repair and service photographic equipment for a living for 18 years, so I'm pretty good with fiddly stuff.

Ian

Trumper Best Badger
Musgo Real
HD w/ Derby for face
Wilkinson Xtreme disposable for head (trying to use them up...)
Superdrug Forest Fresh AS
Eau Sauvage EDT

Saturday Evening

Shower
R89 & Super Thin (2)
Proraso & Semogue 1250
Alum
Proraso ASB & AS

Bloody awful, quite literally, in bizarre places - under the sideburns of all things :shock: :? That said, this was my first go at bowl lathering with this brush (only used for face previously) at it worked up a storm. Have thrown the blade and will take it very slowly tomorrow :)

SaturdayEvening

Hot flannel
New Forest Superior 2201
Mitchells Wool Fat
Merkur 39C
Gillette Platinium (2)
Nivea ASB on face, Sensitive on neck.

Prior to trying the MWF I read so much on here about it and different techniques i was at information overload, and just needed to try! So i soaked the brush in warm water, and the whole block of MWF in lukewarm (really should get a bowl as it doesn't fit in the OS mug!) and then followed this and basically loaded the brush and did my left cheek, reloaded and did the right, then reloaded and did my chin and neck, and mixed the lather on the face. It worked pretty well, I got a reasonable lather for my first attempt, although I did find it dried out on my face before I could finish the pass......

The slant continued to impress, very close on my face and acceptable for the two light passes I did on my neck.

Saturday

1955 Flare-tip Superspeed
Feather
Ingram cream
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Body Shop White Musk for Men AS Balm
Body Shop White Musk for Men EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom