• - then Thayers' Rose witch hazel[/list:u]
          - Gillette Adjustable F4 fatboy, 3 passes set at '5'
          • - with Lord Classic super stainless[/list:u]
            - ToOBS Rose shave cream
            • - with beejay's custom Cobalt Blue superBadger[/list:u]
              - My Mighty Menthol AlumWater spritz
              - Rose Thayers' witch hazel
              - Alcolado Glacial [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

* The YS Co soap would be a good shower/bath soap, but doesn't do it for me as a pre-shave soap. It seems to increase traction without increasing protection. Ah, well ...

* Fatboy at '5' slotted up with a Lord Classic super, seemed to make a nice combo while I was shaving ...

* I read someone had given up on, then gave away their ToOBS creams due to their poor quality shave experience. Once more we can see how the same stuff on different people works differently. I had enough after-slip for my polishing/touch-ups, the buffer was fine protection, and the glide action was good quality.
                • * MMDV (my mileage did vary).[/list:u][/list:u]

* Alcolado Glacial does tell you about your shave.
                  • * I think it said:
                    FFS UH! Dial that fatboy down to '4'!!
                    • ... but maybe it was just asking for some anchovies
                          • ... or summat like that.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Tuesday

5/8 Air Brand
Nanny's Yushu soap
Vulfix No.5 Pure Bristle
Alum Block
L'Oreal for Men Hydra Energetic Post-Shave balm
Blue Stratos AS

Razor: Rolls Razor
Brush: New Forest Superior 2201
Cream: OLD Progress VULFIX Sandalwood
AS: AII Osage

389911163.jpg

Razor: Merkur Futur (Set on 1.5)
Blade: Supermax Super Stainless
Brush: Body Shop Synthetic !!!
Cream: Palmolive
Balm: Proraso
AS: Old Spice Whitewater
and Pashana Bay Rum

Well, It's my first use of the Brush and that Particular Blade, and i'm well..................VERY impressed, blades are super smooth.
Brush is Super Soft and Dries so quickly !

As these blades are Distributed by Super Max and are based in Feltham which is about 10 mins drive from me, i am gonna contact them tomorrow and see if there is a way i can get some at cost price rather than pay silly chemist prices or E-Bay, don't know where these blades are made though ?

Wednesday

Cobra Classic
Feather Pro Blade
EJ Best Badger
Penhaligon's English Fern Shaving Soap
Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive asb

Thought I'd try the Cobra with a hard soap. No issue at all. The Feather Pro Blade did it's 5th shave with no signs of requiring replacement.

Ian

Wednesday
Merkur slant 37c with Feather blade
Simpson Duke 2 Best
D R Harris Almond soap

Nice.

Slant + Feather = quick, smooth, close shave.

@Ian: I've used Pro blades in the AC for 10 shaves with no problems.

Wednesday

PAL injecto-matic
NOS Personna Carbon injector blade
Omega #49 Pro
RSC Sensitive Cream
Thayers
Acura intense mositurising cream as ASB
Excite AS

Well I tried the carbon blade that came with the PAL and was not impressed but I carried on and got a SAS so will have another shave later as I have appointments today [bloody Job Centre & Hospital whoop bloody dee :roll: ] can't wait until I get my blades from Paul at Connaught because the PAL is so easy to use.

TTFN

Tony

Tuesday Lunchtime

Hot shower
New Forest Superior 2201
Proraso soap
Superspeed
Derby (2)
OS Lime AS (my sample is getting low :( )
Nivea ASB on face, Sensitive on neck.

Balance was restored today! :D

Second shave with the Derby was fine today, no degradation to the blade at all. Nice fresh feeling shave after the menthol Proraso and finished off nicely with the OS.

Urban Hermit said:
If this is an actual concern for you qj, you might want to try the following regimen:

• - soak the blade in isopropyl alcohol/barbicide after each shave
    - between shaves: coat the blade/edges with a thin coat of oil - almost any kind of veg oil (and probably most if ot all kinds of mineral oils too), though I knew a few people who said the best are the thicker ones, like extra virgin olive oil.
    • ... personally, I say "who wants secretions from an olive that didn't even look good to another olive?"[/list:u]
      - rinse oil off of blade in hand-hot water before you shave[/list:u]

• Thanks for that, sound advice I'm sure, but I'm not sure I can be faffed with all that - I think I'll just be sure to get the most from the blade before swapping razors from now on. It's all a learning curve eh ;)

Urban Hermit said:
* I read someone had given up on, then gave away their ToOBS creams due to their poor quality shave experience. Once more we can see how the same stuff on different people works differently. I had enough after-slip for my polishing/touch-ups, the buffer was fine protection, and the glide action was good quality.
    • * MMDV (my mileage did vary).[/list:u][/list:u]

• That was me and I'd come to the same conclusion about mileage varying.
      I didn't think it was possible for TOBS to have earned the reputation it has if it performed as it did for me for everyone. I put it down to either my bad lathering/amount of water I'm using in the lather or differences in skin chemistry.

After 3 or 4 days of TOBS, I switched this morning: -

EJDE89 + Iridium Super (4)
      Omega 10005 + Body Shop original/Ingrams combo
      Witch Hazel
      Kenzo Air EDT (after bike ride into work)

Much better :)

Wednesday

Rocket
Gillette super thin (thai)
fitjar (sample from audiolab)
fido 2201brush
alum(RazoRock from audiolab)
Pinaud bay rum (from Simmo )

Today was an experimental day. Fitjar took a bit of fiddling to get enough on the 'fido' but once I got it on it lathered up really well with my trusty 2201. The Rocket and Super thin work well together. I like to use alum and the razorock ( props to Martin ) is a handy way of using it ,reminds me of a giant alum pritt stick ? , the normal bars seem too easy to drop. Then the bay rum , sweet clovey and face tinglingly good.(props to Nigel ) . Lovely shave.

Damian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom