Wednesday evening

Hot shower
Proraso pre
Monsavon
S.O.C
Fatboy (5)
Swede (4)
Mennon Grand Large

Strange stuff the Monsavon, not unpleasant smelling at all, but I still can't place it - clinical, almost medicinal? 'Just' got two passes with the SOC but had to relather for the third, (and should have done for the 2nd). Great shave, I like the Mennen, certainly as much as the AV.

Wednesday PM - Shave 2

Bathtime
R89 & Super-Max(1)
ToBS Almond Cream & Beaufort
Alum
GFT Coral Face Food

Poor shaves with the FatBoy and the arrival of some Super-Max blades from Blyth Spirit and a new brush to lather with meant a second shave was on the cards tonight. Needless to say, i was not going to put these into the FB and went with the R89. The brush lathered up well and the blade worked quite well too, skin still a bit sore according to the alum, hence the CFF, but better than this morning.

Mikael said:
antdad said:
Mikael said:
I had a pimple on the neck this morning and went for the Aristocrat, but boy, that can be one aggressive razor :shock:, I nicked myself two times and had to dial it down a bit.

Beautiful razor, I've been coveting one for ages but I don't understand how you dialled it down unless you shaved with it a bit open to begin with.

You´re right, I shaved with it a bit open :eek: and I finished with it slightly opened aswell, did I do something wrong? :? I want it to be a bit aggressive, shaving that is :lol:

No it;s up to you. Depending on the razor I often open it up 1/4 turn to snag some difficult bits.

Wednesday

White proraso pre/post
NF Silvertip
MWF
Flare tip rocket +red IP (3)
Alum
Thayers alcohol free with aloe
Proraso ASB

Looked a bit red/irritated after, so out with the alum, but little to no tingle :eek:
Could probably do another shave with the IP, but binned the blade. Never mind. its not like they are really pricey!

Good result overall.

Wednesday Night:

• - Merkur 42 1904 Classic
      - Kai Super stainless
      - Body Shop Synthetic
      • ... PIF from Prof. Martin Blighty - Ta Prof.[/list:u]
        - Edwin Jagger Aloe shave cream
        • ... PIF from Pig Cat - thenks orf'ly Piggers[/list:u]
          - Thayers' Lavender Witch Hazel
          - Professor Blighty's Lavender water[/list:u][/list:u]

Revisited the Kai blade, as I sometimes like to go back and see if perceptions have changed with more experience. Not as harsh as I remember it being, which is a wee bit smoother than, and less irritating to my skin, than Feathers. I made it through three passes of shaving without any crimson.
            • ... little did I know there were creeping weepers! [/list:u][/list:u]
              • After the Witch Hazel and Lavender water, I checked the look of the skin out in the mirror: a bit ruddy, a bit florid.[/list:u]

... and there were a few spots, where just then, at that precise moment, the claret began seeping up from these creeping weepers - Jeepers! With my own peepers, I saw those sleepers leaping awake. I had no wounds deeper than them weepers reaped by that beeping Kai. Was my shave angle too steep, or do I just let their reputation keep a'calling me back like some sheep?
                  • EEEEP![/list:u][/list:u]

Wednesday Night

Feather Portable
Astra SP
Bodger 404
Mama Bear's Rosemary Mint soap
Alum
AV A/S

Another good shave, spoiled again by one lapse of concentration when I nicked the top of my face (I guess there's a first time for everything – d'oh!). I think that the relative lightness of the FP, combined with the Astra, lures you into a false sense of security. Pretty happy with the result, but I still need to work on the neck area. It's pretty smooth but the post-shave red/alum sting served as a warning.

Enjoying the night air with the aftershaves, mind. One word: BRACING.

Happy Thursday, people!

Wednesday, 20-10-10. MUSIC: Muddy Waters_LP The Chicago Boss (2010).

Soap from Alepo - Semogue 2000 - Gillette English Aristocrt #58 - Perma Sharp Super #1 - Not Pre today - Acca Kappa 1869 shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Gravity + ASB Truefitt & Hill classic.

Afeitado20-10-10002.jpg

A brisk Thursday morning

Hot shower
Merkur TRAC II
Sensor 3 (4)
Simpsons Duke 2 Best
Valobra almond in a wooden bowl
Ogallala bay rum with limes and peppercorns
Dove moisturiser

DFS

Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Magnetic w leopard wooden scales
Brush: Scheerzeep 21 mm silvertip
Cream: Salter Sandalwood
AS: Dr Harris Sandalwood
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Clean

It starts to get cold here now and Proraso has been added to the routine.
50622d1287645580-sun-october-17th-sat-october-23rd-snb13993.jpg

Wednesday

Razor: Allen & Son 6/8
Soap: Palmolive
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar

Test shave: 3rd attempt at honing this razor and a gradual improvement from a D to a C+ I would say back for another attempt soon :geek:

Thursday

Razor: Futur
Blade:Supermax #2
Cream:Boots Cool Cologne
Brush: Vulfix 2235

Not bad not great I think this blade is a little off par.

Thursday:

Pre: Hot towel
Cream: Trumpers Coconut oil (sample)
Brush: New Forest 2201
Razor: Feather AS
Blade: Feather (2)
AS: Body Shop Maca Root Razor Burn Relief

Another shave with the Trumpers cream, and I managed to make a decent lather this time, the first effort being too watery. Much, much better - this is a really nice cream. Apart from a small nick under my nose, this was a very, very smooth and comfortable shave. I've become used to the Feather, and it has become my favourite razor - easy to use, shaves brilliantly, and no irritation.

Have a good day, chaps.

Regards

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom