Not open for further replies.
Tuesday night

40's style superspeed
Fresh red IP
L'Occitane cade soap
Kent H8
Professor Blighty's Grapewood aftershave
DSC00048.JPG

Excellent shave. First use of the kind Professor's aftershave, very impressed. It's heavy on the grapefruit and I'm rather partial to grapefruit, thanks Martin.
2nd attempt with the cade soap, favourite soap I've tried so far, tons of really thick, dense lather and I already loved the scent.

Tuesday

Shower
Bodger 404
Astra SP
Mama Bear's Bay Rhum soap
Feather Portable
Alum
Proraso A/S
RSC Post-shave balm

First time out with the Feather, and I found it to be a revelation. Lighter than the EJ89L I have been using previously, I found the FP to be a really nippy shave. Perhaps too nippy. In my novice enjoyment, I did catch the neck a couple of times, but that was entirely my own carelessness. Really enjoyed changing my weapon of choice – I fear this whole 'rotation' thing might be catching… Still loving the Astras; I have other blades to try, but I reckon I might have to order a batch of them as I find them a really comfortable – and smooth – shave.

Happy Wednesday, people!

Lipsy

Wednesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Aristocrat # 15
Blade: Sharp
Brush: New Forest silvertip
Soap: Nannys Eucalyptus
AS cologne: Fonex Malibu
Result: Very clean :D

Wow, now we´re in business! New Forest lathered like mad this morning and I´m pretty sure it´s my fault the two previous times it didn´t :oops:. I shaked the brush to hard earlier, this morning I only hold it with the hair down and lowered the brush down three times and stoped. I was rewarded with tons of rich nice slippery Nanny lather :D.

I had a pimple on the neck this morning and went for the Aristocrat, but boy, that can be one aggressive razor :shock:, I nicked myself two times and had to dial it down a bit. I got very clean though, even though it´s been a long time since I used a DE for the face. My DE technique has improved thanks to the straight shaving and I was rewarded with the closest DE shave ever :D.
50580d1287560275-sun-october-17th-sat-october-23rd-snb13950.jpg

I like them :D, they work really well with NEW:s and this mornings razor, but I don´t have to much De blade experience though. I also like the blues a lot and something I got from Greg @ Ikonshaving (can´t remember what they´re called right now).

Wednesday:

The full Truefitt and Hill Ultimate Comfort experience today:

Pre-shave oil
Cream
ASB

Plus:
New Forest 2201 brush
Feather AS
Feather blade
Pecksniffs Citrus cologne.

A lovely close, comfortable shave. I've not used the Ultimate Comfort cream for a while, and had almost forgotten just how good it is. I'll definitely buy some more when this one runs out.

Have a good day. Bit chilly when I went for a walk this morning - 5c. I may keep the heating on for today.

Regards

Ian

Wednesday 2010-10-20 noon

No. 55 & Wilkinson Sword (#3) > Semogue 1438 & mix of Proraso sc with Czech & Speake #88 (dear God, how did I manage to do that?)
> alum > Speick after shave > The Body Shop Maca Root Razor Relief balm > Penhaligons Opus 1870 Eau de Toilette

No picture today, cause had I attempted to take one, I'd have probably missed the plane to Helsinki.

Result: two passes, very smooth, lovely feeling.

In Helsinki till Friday early evening, though no shave scheduled during my stay here. :)

Mikael said:
I had a pimple on the neck this morning and went for the Aristocrat, but boy, that can be one aggressive razor :shock:, I nicked myself two times and had to dial it down a bit.

Beautiful razor, I've been coveting one for ages but I don't understand how you dialled it down unless you shaved with it a bit open to begin with.

antdad said:
Mikael said:
I had a pimple on the neck this morning and went for the Aristocrat, but boy, that can be one aggressive razor :shock:, I nicked myself two times and had to dial it down a bit.

Beautiful razor, I've been coveting one for ages but I don't understand how you dialled it down unless you shaved with it a bit open to begin with.

You´re right, I shaved with it a bit open :eek: and I finished with it slightly opened aswell, did I do something wrong? :? I want it to be a bit aggressive, shaving that is :lol:

Wednesday

6/8 Texol No.5, Cella cream, Simpsons Commodore X1, Lloyds Chemist Distilled Witch Hazel, Simple for Men AS Balm, Old Spice - Fresh Lime AS Lotion

1287590374913.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom