Hot towel and Truefitt & Hill pre-shave oil
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes cream
New Forest 2201
Merkur Futur
Iridium blade
Stypic pencil ( :( )
Pecksniffs Citrus ASB
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes cologne

Third day with the Iridium, and a couple of nicks. Which could have been my fault, or the blade. Either way, having had a few very satisfactory shaves recently with no loss of claret, it was disappointing. Otherwise, the shave was close and reasonably comfortable. And better than I would have achieved with electric or cartridge, so I'll stop whingeing.

Have a good day, guys. Chilly but sunny down here, so I may go for a tramp in the Forest later.

Regards

Ian

Good morning all,

Saturday

Simple face wash
Boots own twin blade cart razor
Nanny's Eucalyptus shaving soap
Omega Boar brush
Proraso AS splash
Hugo Boss EDT

1st go with the cart. It's a plastic handle and feels light and cheaply made. Still, 2 passes later and I'm smooth. See how I feel about it in 4 weeks time.

Thanks.

First time ever bowl lathering today :)

Hot shower
Pre/post Proraso sensitive
Body Shop Maca Root shaving cream
Frank Shaving Short loft silvertip
Slim adjustable
Gillette 7 o'clock sharp edge
Body Shop Razor Relief

Managed to whip my first bowl lather really well today and I was quite chuffed with it.

The first two times I had used the Slim I had been a bit careless and it had bitten me, so I was hoping for third time lucky and it delivered with a pretty good shave although I think I got a bit carried away on my neck trying to do some XTG in places on the third pass.

Saturday

Trumper Razor
Feather
New Forest 2201
MWF
Williams Aqua Velva a/s

Best shave of the week (or last week if you think a week starts on Saturday).

MWF soap doesn't give you the "Hollywood" lather of some of the other soaps, and it takes a bit more work to get it there, but get it right, and it's hard to beat.

Ian

Saturday, 10-16-10.

Soap from Alepo - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - Gillette 1958 TV English Super Speed - Polsilver #2 - Pre PREP - Martin de Candre shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Pour un homme de Caron + ASB Institut Karité.

Afeitado16-10-10.jpg

Saturday, 10.16.10

Aura Glow
Gibbs Marine Fresh Shave Cream
New Forest #2211 Finest Silvertip
Hayashi Diamond 74 13/16ths
SRD Premium I Strop ... 40 Linen/85 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Pinaud Lime Sec AS

The H. Diamond razor is impressive! So much so that it has risen to the head of the class. And, it performs it's work smoothly and effortlessly...
The New Forest silvertip brush is another revelation. A great performer with ultra soft tips.

Everyone was highly impressed by today's shave, but none moreso that Froggy, who was absolutely dumbstruck! It made him "plunk his magic twanger!" (for those in my age group :eek: )

IMG_2210.jpg

Saturday AM

Merkur 37c
Gillette Bleue Extra (4)
Simpsons Wee Scot
Nanny's Lavender Soap

Brut AS
Nivea ASB

Good but hard work to get there. I think that my first impressions of the Bleue - despite a couple of really cracking shaves - were accurate, for me. Back to a more consistant blade tomorrow.

Everything else as good as you'd expect.

Live and learn.

:p

Saturday
Tabula Rasa Dark Lavander SC/Gillette Super Speed TV Special with Astra/TGB finest badger brush/Thayers lotion
P1140295.jpg

P1140296.jpg

This cream is simply AMAZING!!!!!!

Saturday noon 2010-10-16

Gillette No. 55 & Wilkinson Sword (#1) > Semogue 1438 & Edwin Jagger Sandalwood shaving cream
> alum > Sante after shave lotion > Speick after shave cream

IMG_1256.jpg

- Very nice, the EJ Sandalwood is less impressive than my Art of Shaving Sandalwood and not as nice scent-wise, but does the job.
- The Gillette Mono bloc performs well, as any vintage Gillette HD. The Wilky blade is forgiving and smooth.
- Although with excellent backbone and fairly short loft, making it ideal for face lathering, the Semogue suffers from the short loft - short handle syndrome. Upon creating abundant lather, your fingers are full of it while they have already set grip on the Semogue's handle.
- The Sante is a German organic after shave. Its scent is matching today's shaving cream and the product also offers very good efficacy and burn relief.
- I decided to finish off with the Speick cream and not with a balm that's scent-wise more close to today's shaving cream (e.g. Opus 1870.) Weather was pretty bad this am, first snowfall in Riga and 4 deg. C. and the extra protection of this strong cream was good to have.

Saturday

G. 40's SS
Bolzano
New Forest 2211
Volabra Menthol - Thanks Phil
Alum
Osage/444

First ever go with a Bolzano. Not bad, could be better. Time will tell. The Latest Fido whipped up a great lather with the Volabra. It is a great soap, rest assured, if it dont work, the Italians wont use it. The menthol is quite mild when compared to Proraso.

Kenny Wayne Sheperd Band - Live in Chicago rocking out in the back ground.

Saturday

New Forest 2201
Dovo 1516 (aka the ersatz tortoiseshell one that everyone's got)

Nanny's Yushu gin 'n' tonic soap
A mixture of Speick and Aldi aftershave :?

I was taking my ease in the bath, just nicely drifting away to the strains of the kind of music which makes antdad's lip curl, when my wife burst in with a nasty gash on her knee as a result of falling up the steps of a bus, as far as I can make out. Having done the business with the surgical dressings left over from the last time I mutilated myself, I proceeded to make a complete bollix of shaving, so I've got my own laceration to moan about as well. So: double bogey today.

Saturday

RSC face scrub
Bodger 404
Mama Bear's Bay Rhum soap

EJ 89L
Iridium
Alum
Aqua Velva

Thought I'd give the new soap a run and my second go on the Iridiums (soon to be the world's most expensive blade). I wasn't that impressed with the Iridium the first time around, but I think a combination of my improving lathering and the second run out gave me easily the best shave I have had thus far – I was mightily impressed. Seriously smooth face, and the AV topped it off very nicely.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, chaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom