Not open for further replies.
Sunday evening
Pre: Sauna
Razor: Mappin & Webb
Brush: New Forest 2211
Soap: Nannys LE Yushu
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: very clean

I had to work for this one, usually a walk in the park w this razor + I had a sauna before, but I had my new New Forest silvertip and should have gone for a bowl lather instead of face lathering the first time. Love the brush, but I thought it would hold more water (what I heard) but of course I should have used/tested it more before going sharp. More about the new NF_will_ come ...
50396d1287338793-sun-october-17th-sat-october-23rd-snb13924.jpg

Sunday Evening

MWF wash
Fatboy & GBE(1)
Maca Root SC & Commodore
Alum
Nivea ASB

Finally after a year of owning it, i finally got round to using my Fatboy, along with a sample of the BS Maca Root, everyone seems to have been raving about. The fatty shaved ok, went for a 4 on the first pass WTG and a 5 on the ATG, the same as i did when using my Slim. The Maca was very pleasant actually, think i will have to pick some up next weekend - which means that something will have to go later this week on BST (if anyone has any money left!!) :)

moodymick said:
Sunday Evening

MWF wash
Fatboy & GBE(1)
Maca Root SC & Commodore
Alum
Nivea ASB

Finally after a year of owning it, i finally got round to using my Fatboy, along with a sample of the BS Maca Root, everyone seems to have been raving about. The fatty shaved ok, went for a 4 on the first pass WTG and a 5 on the ATG, the same as i did when using my Slim. The Maca was very pleasant actually, think i will have to pick some up next weekend - which means that something will have to go later this week on BST (if anyone has any money left!!) :)

You can save 30% at the Body Shop online until noon tomorrow (Code: Autumn30), so probably best to not wait until the weekend.

Yellow Jim said:
moodymick said:
Sunday Evening

MWF wash
Fatboy & GBE(1)
Maca Root SC & Commodore
Alum
Nivea ASB

You can save 30% at the Body Shop online until noon tomorrow (Code: Autumn30), so probably best to not wait until the weekend.

unfortunately, the post makes it £9.09 compared to £8 in the shop, as there is nothing else from there i wish to buy. also am not really in a rush to buy, as i have so, so much already :oops: Thanks for the heads up though :)

Monday

Trumper Razor
Feather
New Forest 2201
MWF
Alum
Cold Rinse

I suspect that one or more of my current range of a/s splashes is causing me some sinus/headache issues, so I am leaving them out for a bit to see how things go.

Ian

Monday

Merkur 37c
Merkur (2)
Wilkinson Sword Boar
Arko Soap

Forest Fresh AS
Nivea ASB

I bowl lathered with the Wilky & Arko and produced a real bucket of lather. This stick of Arko is compressed into an old Erasmic container and fits perfectly.

I'd forgotten how effective this soap is and it leaves you feeling very clean and refreshed. It's an interesting scent but if you like it, or if you can get used to it, you're in for a real treat.

A real cheapskates shave and a bloody good one at that!

Monday

HD Rocket
supermax stainless
new forest 2211
bodyshop maca root shaving cream
alum
nivea asb sensitive
olagalla bay run peppercorns/limes

The blade seems not to agree with me , quite a bit of irritation . Had to dig out the nivea.

Monday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Merkur 25c + Sharks
Soap: Cella
Brush: New Forest 2201 extra stuffed
ASB: GEO Trumper skin food
Result: Doom is now clean :D
50427d1287397610-sun-october-17th-sat-october-23rd-snb13937.jpg

Monday:

This was almost a "Couldn't Be Arsed To Shave Today" post, but I watched a couple of Mantic's YouTube videos and decided that I could be bothered after all.

Hot towel
Palmolive stick
New Forest 2201
Feather AS
Feather blade
L'Oreal whatsit ASB because I'm worth it.

Result? Two passes, supremely comfortable, and I'm glad that I took the trouble.

I'm glad that I've stuck with the Palmolive - I was going to give up on it, but I bought a very small grater and just grate some into my mug (cappuccino cup), pour on a little boiled water, leave for a few minutes and pour off the excess water. Then spend a few minutes whipping it up with the New Forest, and it produces a really luxurious lather.

Have a good day.

Regards

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom