Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 16th October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Gillette New (1934 Red & Black set), Feather, Arko Commando cream, Simpsons Commodore X1,
Body Shop Arber AS Balm, Body Shop Arber EDT

1287176365936.jpg

Sunday:

Hot towel and watery lather
Body Shop Maca Root cream
New Forest 2201
Feather AS
Feather blade
Body Shop Maca Root Razor Burn Relief
Pecksniffs Citrus cologne

Other than the re-opening of one of yesterday's nicks, a lovely comfortable shave. The Maca Root lathers beautifully, and the Razor Burn Relief, although it didn't have any razor burn to relieve, is very soothing. A very satisfying shave.

Chilly here this morning (5c), and for some reason the sea wall is more densely populated with fishermen than usual. They seem to dislike nice weather, but if it's freezing cold and the rain is coming in horizontally, they seem to flock here. Strange. Personally, I wouldn't eat anything that's been pulled out of Southampton Water, and most just throw back anything that they catch. It's hard to see the attraction, especially when the local Waitrose has a really good fish counter.

Have a good day, chaps.

Regards

Ian

Sunday - dry skin

I'm suffering from really sore and dry skin at the moment, so moisturising is the key:

Soak face with hot water face flannel for a minute or so
Wash face with Aqueous cream and water
Heaven Scent shaving soap - glycerin based I think
Gillette Tech with Bic Chrome Plat. 2 passes with application of King of Shaves Oil between them
Wash face with aqueous cream again
Hot water flannel thing again
Witch Hazel splash
Cold water splash
More aqueous cream
Trumper's Skin Food (extract of limes)
More Aqueous cream.

still a bit dry and sore, but clean shaven! Not sure about these BIC blades yet, but I'll not judge them until my face returns more to normal.

Sunday
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Hydro 3
Brush: Simpson Tulip T2 in two-band Super
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Aftershave: Taylor of Old Bond St #74 (Lime)
Cologne: Diptyque Tam Dao

Sunday

Boots shave stick
Boots cool cologne shave cream
Merkur 33c
EJ Best badger brush
Feather blade
Trumpers Sandlewood skin food.

After having a hard time with my last Derby blade, it's now time to go through my sample pack. I've started with feathers. All I can say is wow! Zero irritation and only had 3 tiny nicks but these were my fault and around my chin, need some more practice there.

Also boots cream and stick, fantastic combo and also great when used separately too. I always get a lovely smooth shave when using these pair :)

Good morning,

Sunday

Simple face wash
Boots own twin blade cart razor
Omega Boar
Nanny's Eucalyptus shaving soap
Alum
Proraso AS splash
Boots moisturiser
Hugo Boss Bottled EDT

A bit of a prickly shave.

Thanks.

Proraso pre/post sensitive
Muhle R106
Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge
D R Harris Arlington soap
NF2202
Sandalwood Skin Food

I had delayed skin irritation this morning from yesterday's ultra close shave, so I was a bit reticent about shaving again, but I find the R106 gives a reasonably mild shave so I went ahead with it.

My skin did feel quite irritated afterwards so I reached for the Skin Food sample I had recently bought. I was looking forward to trying this after having read so much about it. It did not seem to do much at first, but after about half an hour it has reduced the irritation. However, it does seem to leave a feeling of tightness across my skin, but it is something I will try again.

Couple of new things today.

Usual hot shower followed by proraso pre. This was followed by proraso soap, First time using it since it arrived on Friday, whipped up with The sublime 2211. Then the second of the new things, an iridium blade, loaded in the Super speed. Took it slower than normal as the soap and blade where unknown. 3 passes and some touch up has left me smooth. Very acceptable. Normal cold rinse and Block osma and proraso post. Some GFT limes and a splash of the last new thing today. Proraso after shave. The final result was very enjoyable and will be repeated.
The 2211 shed another couple of hairs today which is about 12 in total over 3 uses. Reducing each time. May give it a little comb through to see if there are any other strays. Will be back to the 2201 for next week. :D

Sunday, 10-17-10.

Soap from Alepo - Semogue 730HD silvertip - Gillette Red Tip - Feather #4 - Pre PREP - The Body Shop shaving cream sample - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Grey Flannel + ASB Weleda.

Afeitado17-10-10.jpg

Sunday, 10.17.10

Warm water splash
Gentlemen's Best Signature Series Shave Soap
New Forest #2201 2-Band Badger
Kirschbaum Diamondine ⅝ths
SRD Premium I Strop ... 35 Linen/80 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Aqua Velva Musk AS

The New Forest 2-band brush continues to impress...
I'm researching scuttles now that the "frost is on the punkin," so to speak... Both for their performance attributes, and to determine if I really want or need (as if that has anything to do with it) one. My first two attempts at trying to simulate a scuttle proceeded to kill my lather, but today I tried something a bit different... My usual smoked glass lather bowl in a glass pan full of hot water, although not as hot as my previous tries. It worked out well... As much warm lather as I desired, and it felt great, so it looks as though the scuttle idea may be a go...

We're off to a great start this week, gentlemen!

IMG_2216.jpg

Sunday

White proraso pre/post
NF Silvertip
TOBS Avocado
Flare tip rocket + Red IP (1)
Alum
Thayers with Lemon
Proraso ASB

3 passes with an irritation free and very smooth result. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.