Not open for further replies.
Wednesday

Trumper Razor
Swede
EJ Best Badger Brush
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Brilliant. I have never had such consistantly good shaves with any other setup. 3 passes this morning; WTG, XTG, ATG. BBS, no blood, no irritation or burn. I have NEVER been able to shave ATG with a DE for 3 days on the trot with any other setup.

Ian

Wednesday
Feather AC razor with Professional blade
Semogue 1305 brush
Tabac shaving soap
Old Spice (Shulton) aftershave

Back to the Feather AC today.

I'm missing using some 'posh' stuff so I can see a little spending spree coming on. Some things I've used and might replace:
Trumper's Rose / T&H Luxury soap
Simpson Duke / Chubby brush
Taylor's Lime / D R Harris Pink aftershaves
Trumper's Spanish Leather cologne

IanM said:
Wednesday

Trumper Razor
Swede
EJ Best Badger Brush
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Brilliant. I have never had such consistantly good shaves with any other setup. 3 passes this morning; WTG, XTG, ATG. BBS, no blood, no irritation or burn. I have NEVER been able to shave ATG with a DE for 3 days on the trot with any other setup.

Ian

It's the Castle Forbes - great stuff!

Wednesday

Tabac - as good as ever!

5-2.jpg

Wednesday

Merkur Slant 37c
Feather (3)
Pure Badger
Nanny's Citrus soap
Alum
Coral Skin food (pre and post shave)

DFS with 2 pass and touch up on chin, slight red neck still and a few red spots (weepers, gone after cold rinse) so must use even less pressure.

I really like the Tabac scent, so it seems a no brainer to use it after the soap. I think the balm is excellent - just a slight sting on application which I find quite pleasant. The splash is a bit overpowering in comparison.

You can get it here at Connaught or shave about 50p off the inclusive price on Ebay

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://connaughtshaving.com/tabacasb.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://connaughtshaving.com/tabacasb.html</a><!-- m -->

Tues (a little late in adding this!)

Merkur HD 34c
Feather
TOBS Sandalwood cream
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Boots Essentials AS Balm
Blue Stratos AS

Still find the HD disappointingly non-aggressive for such a chunky, manly bit of kit!

WEDNESDAY
Pre: Shower
Brush: Custom 24 mm two band finest (tall one, made by Chris - sorry for not showing the whole brush)
Razor: Johan Engström
Cream: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood (thanks antdad!)
AS. Italian Floid

Wonderfull shave all the way this morning - a good face lathering + I love how this old blade behaves (new scales and restored buy Neil Miller :D ). I learnt old school, that you strop after the shave, but today I also stroped before... Wow, for me it felt much sharper and I´ve got a couples of nicks to prove it with (never got that with this razor before) :D .
42595d1274272696-sotd-sun-may-16th-sat-may-23rd-snb11474.jpg

Wednesday

Ever-Ready Featherweight
Gem PTFE (6)
Culmak Soap
Kent VS30
One Planet AB
Burberry AS

Load up the ER and hoped the blade would make it, it didn't one WTG and one XTG and I knew it was up, so finished with a Slim [9] and a Astra Plat. So now its around 5 shaves with the Gem Blade, still a good shave after all.

Have a nice and pleasant day Chaps.

TTFN

Tony

Wednesday

Ever Ready Natural Angle
GEM SE blade (#3)
Arko soap
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Lloyds Chemists Witch Hazel
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm
Cella Classica cologne

Wednesday

Gillette Tech
Wilkinson blade (2)
Trumpers Limes cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
Aquatonic aftershave
RSC Balm

Great shave tonight, just three passes (2xWTG+XTG) and almost no irritation, plus no stinging from the cheap new AS. One little weeper and that was it. Had a bit of bother getting a good lather going tonight, it went a bit airy on my face and no amount of working it was helping so I ended up wiping it off twice before getting a good batch. I definitely think Wilkinsons suit me more than Derbys. Can't wait for my blade sampler pack to arrive and try some of the more universally recommended makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom