Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Bic Blade (thanks Andy :))
Wars Cream
Vulfix 2235 Super
Alum
Aquatonic AS

A very nice smooth shave, managed to get a good result from blade buffing and J hooking and no irritation.

Saturday

Ever-Ready `1912
Gem PTFE (3)
VUlfix #5
Ingrams Cream
Old Spice [P&G] AS

Just a quick touch up for work today, the ER is more forgiving than the GM, still a lovely shave.

Have a nice and pleasant day Chaps.

TTFN

Tony

Jeltz said:
Saturday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Wars Cream
Vulfix 2235 Super
Alum
Aquatonic AS

A very nice smooth shave, managed to get a good result from blade buffing and J hooking and no irritation.

Hey Jeltz!

How do you blade buff, and J. hook? Sounds very technical to me, and very intriguing! But do tell - please!

spandex.. :)

Weapon of choice: Gem 1912 SE / Gem se blade. (Recent Acquisition from andyml).
Brush: Savile Row 20mm S/tip
Soap : Tabac stick.
Alum / Thayers W. Hazel / Henk's ASB / Speick Cologne used as AS
Prep : "Ordinary"hand soap, Hot water,followed by warm flannel (2 mins).

My second shave with the Gem single edge blade combo. Both of them resulting in very even DFS's. A very different shaving experience from a DE one. I would imagine the feeling is not too far removed from what one would experience with a straight. It was comfortable, and very "controllable". Whilst not being a mild razor, I would say it is very forgiving providing you get the angle of "attack" correct, then you're away. It is not at all difficult to get a good shave with this set up, and very enjoyable in the process. My beard is on the tough side in most places, and I find the rigid blade scythes through the stubble quite easily! Is the experience something I would recommend to other forum members? - Most definitely! There are two main makes out there on Ebay, the forums, and elsewhere: Gem & Ever Ready. All are Vintage or even Antique, and very reasonably priced. Thank you andyml and the rest of you "single edgers" for enthusing me on this venture-nice one! :D

Saturday
Pre: Shower
Soap: Cella, my favourite
Brush: Jade handle custom chubby 24 mm silvertip
Razor: Heljestrand MK no 24
AS: Laura Biagiotti ROMA

42388d1273930215-sotd-sun-may-9th-sat-may-15th-snb11418.jpg

Very nice shave! First time with this small Helje, very sharp and smooth edge and lovely restored by Neil Miller (new scales, buffed and honed, HHT very easy). A little too small for my fat fingers and hands, even though touch ups under the honker was _very_ easy :D .

5/8" Ti flying tudor rose.
Williams mug soap
Shavemac
And lots of thayers

My face, looks like an angry cat has had a go, the williams is a misleading soap that offers protection, but not the lathering buffer, that i get with my other soaps.

Great for that extra close shave, but i didn't half cut myself to ribbons. Damn fine shave though. :lol:

spandexcodpiece said:
Jeltz said:
Saturday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Wars Cream
Vulfix 2235 Super
Alum
Aquatonic AS

Hey Jeltz!

How do you blade buff, and J. hook? Sounds very technical to me, and very intriguing! But do tell - please!

spandex.. :)

You don't fool me Jeltz! Haha... You have sent a message in code to someone on the forum, and what it really means is: Two of your mates, Blade Buffing and J. Hooking gave you a Straight Razor shave. And because they did a really good job on you, you were not dis-pleased,- no irritation ! ..Very clever, but I have decoded it, good uh?

spandex.. :) :D :lol:

Sunday
Feather AC with Professional Blade
Semogue 1305 Brush
Tabac Shaving Soap
Old Spice Aftershave

Busy , but very nice day planned today:

Swimming with my youngest
Visiting my Brother on his new boat
Pub lunch (unless it's BBQ weather)
Round of Golf

Sunday

Trumper Razor
Swede
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Castle Forbes Lavender Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

CF Pre-Shave: Not really sure how much difference this made to the actual shave, but skin feels nice after.
CF Lavender Cream: A much gentler lavender scent than the TOBS with a slight "paint" note. This cream which worked ok, but I think I'll have to adjust water cream ratio to get the best from it. Again, skin feels nice post shave.

All in all a pleasant shave, especially as I didn't get in until 1:30 this morning after having attended a mate's 50th birthday party in Liverpool last night. Still, I got chance to get up on stage and play bass on a tune for him :)

Ian

Sunday

'59 Fatboy
Groma Diamant (1)
Neo Finest 2-Band
SWK Scuttle
Trumper Coconut Soap
Witch Hazel
Speick AS
Nivea ASB

The Speick was a but from yesterday - really nice. I am still on the look out for somewhere out here that sells the shave stick (found the cream, but not the stick).

This was the last Croma i have, and i don't think i will be replacing them - even today my neck feels sore. I have now tried it in all my usually faithful razors to no avail.

The coconut was lovely!
Have a good day guys,

Sunday
Pre: hot shower
Brush: Two banded finest, a Chris Craft (made by Chris :lol: )
Shave cream: Top Secret
Razor: The Old English Razor, by Frederick´s 6/8
DE: NEW
Pre: Proraso
AS: Italian Floid (not in pic, forgot)
Great shaves! Straight on face and DE on head. The Frederick´s is a heavy 6/8 near wedge with bone scales and I love it!!
42434d1274010668-sotd-sun-may-16th-sat-may-23rd-snb11429.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom