Not open for further replies.
Friday Early Morning

Gillette Slim Twist
Astra Platinum (1)
Boots Soap
Vulfix 2235 Super
Alum
Gillette Series ASB

Having cleaned a fair few years of muck off this old razor I decided to waste no time in trying it out. Its my 1st vintage DE shave and a BBS was achieved. Very nice :D

St. Constantine's & St. Helen's day 2010

AoS pure badger
Vision 2000 / Shaving Shack Israeli (1)
P.160
AoS alum
TWH [very good - outperforms almost every tonic lotion I've used so far]
Speick ASB
Acqua di Parma Colonia EdT

Following a shower with Acqua di Parma soap, a nice morning shave; nothing better to start your once-in-a-year nameday.

Friday

'59 Fatboy
Astra Platinum (4)
Mühle Pure
SWK Scuttle
Wilkinson Sword Cream
Witch Hazel
Addiction AS
Daniel Hechter ASB

A nice comfortable shave. This is the first Astra blade i have used so will be seeing if a 5th shave is possible from it tomorrow.

Have a good one gents,

Friday

Trumper Razor
Swede
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-shave
Proraso Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Since we are getting some warm weather, I thought I'd use the Proraso. Excellent result. Nice and refreshing.

Ian

Good morning,

Imperial Leather bar soap
'Monsavon' shaving soap
Feather and Futur
Men-U Pure Bristle brush
Alum
Old Spice AS splash
Natural Grooming Co. ASB

Blew the dust from the Old Spice bottle and gave it a go. After a Tabactastic time of late, I find the Old Spice a little sickly sweet. Nice in a different way though.

Thanks

Friday

Gillette #58
Bic Chrome (2)
Omega 80056
Boots Soap
G Bellini Push AS

The #58 gave me a much smoother shave with the Bic than the slant, apart from that a really nice shave.

Have a nice and spiffing day Chaps.

TTFN

Tony

Friday

Another reminder of the effect of small differences in loft heights. The Simpson Astor is 'officially' 50mm. Well mine is 52mm. And compared with my Simpson PJ2 Super in two band which has a 50mm loft it is distinctly softer and floppier. Still a fine all round brush - but significantly less backbone than the PJ2. 2mm is said to be within an acceptable margin of error but in my opinion you have a different brush.

Merkur/swede, Floris Elite and a 60s Yardley soap competed todays line up.

5-4.jpg

Friday

Mühle R89
Shave shack Israeli (1)
Pure Badger
Trumpers Coconut
Cold water rinse with AS mix
Coral Skin Food (A little pre and post)
Moisteriser

The above is my reliable set-up I use when I need guaranteed results. Today was such a day. A great shave BBS with 3 passes plus touch up on chin. I think it does help that on previous days I just go for a two pass shave, which would have left slightly longer stubble than everyday trying for BBS.

Friday
Gillette Superspeed razor (1970s)
Red Personna blade
Semogue 1305 brush
Palmolive shaving soap stick
Old Spice aftershave (Shulton)

Friday

Merkur 15c OC
Red Personna (2)
Semogue 1305
Nanny's Juniper Soap

Nivea ASB & Old Spice (Lime, India) AS Mix.

Very good and very refreshing. I'm not sure that I know what Junipers really smell like but the soap actually smells of Pine, to me (that's pure pine not bathroom disinfectant pine), and it is very fresh, outdoorsy and pleasant.

Fido's photo reminded me that I have an antient cake of Yardley soap, rescued unused from a house clearance. Must give it a whirl soon...is it any good Fido?

Friday
Proraso Pre/Post
EJ Bull Mastiff
Red IP (3)
Neo Custom finest 2 band
Proraso Soap
Alum
Anthony's razor burn relief (ASB)

No razor burn but this ASB is face numbing stuff which I really like after the proraso menthol blast.
The EJ head with the Bull Mastiff handle is excellent, I am really liking the extra weight of the handle. seems to give me a lighter touch. BBS all over. Best shave in a while.

What d'ya know. my 1st post in shave of the day :shave
Must post here more often

Friday

Merkur Slant, 37c
Feather (3)
MWF
TOBS Ebony Silvertip
WH/Tea Tree 'Splash'
Elizabeth Arden Radiance Boosting Moisture Cream SPF 15

The slant continues it's great run of shaves.
Happened to come across this 'Lizzy Hard-on' subtle smelling moisturiser (with a bit of soothing too) that belongs to SWMBO. It's very good stuff. All you need is a tear drop and it spreads easily, leaving a fine finish throughout the day. Loving the Wool Fat. It's no lie - it does leave skin feeling very good. The Slant got rid of my daily need for alum, and The Fat I reckon, will reduce my need for balms/moisturisers and face washes.
With all the talk of cold water shaving, I thought I'd try the last of my passes with the razor dipped in cold water for each stroke. Felt nice.

Have a good weekend chaps.

Friday
Pre: Shower
Brush: Pure badger 23 mm
Razor: Frederick´s The Old English Razor
Soap: Cella
AS: Tabac
Lovely day and a lovely shave

42667d1274451981-sotd-sun-may-16th-sat-may-23rd-snb11504.jpg

Friday

Gillette Rocket
thai super thin
404 bodger
nanny's yushu juniper soap
alum
Fresh lime old spice

Nannys soap is so good. The suoer thins are so good. The fresh lime is so good. Today's shave so good :)

Damian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom