Shave Of The Day W/C Saturday 14/05/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday

white proraso pre/post
Neo Custom 2 band
Provence Sante
7 oclock OC head + bull mastiff + red IP (2)
Thayers
Proraso ASB

3 passes + touch ups - generally smooth, no irritation. Had trouble in a couple of areas, but overall a good shave.

Wednesday

Hot towl
Gillette Super Speed
Gillette Nacet Stainless Double Edged Razor Blade (New)
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Nanny's Silly Soap (Ice & Slice)
Alum
Witch Hazel
Trumpers skin food (Limes)
No. 74 Victorian Lime Aftershave

Belated report from this morning, just two passes today WTG & XTG but something was off today and I had a wee close mark on my neck, I woke up feeling like death door as where four men down a work and I have been so tried that the blade felt rough and I think it boiled down to just to much pressure.

So user error there had an off day, we all get them ;)

Wednesday

3/8 Bengall
TOBS Sandalwood cream
Kent BK4
Simple for Men AS Balm
Cella cologne

First shave with this tiny razor since I re-honed it after lapping my coticule. (The original honing had left the point blunt as it hadn't been flat on the stone). Managed to give myself a number of cuts with the now-VERY-sharp point as I struggled to adjust to using something so small! Needs more practice if I'm going to use this again :oops:

Wednesday Night:

• Dokter Henk's Urban Hermit's Twee Zebras bespoke shave set
      • with horsehair ZeBrush knot & Merkur ZebRazorhead[/list:u]
        Rapira Super stainless blade
        J M Fraser's Oriental Spice shave cream
        MICAlum stick
        Humphreys Cucumber Melon witch hazel
        The Canadian Booster Co.'s Barber Shop Classic: Oriental Spice ASL[/list:u][/list:u]

Mmmm - dat's niiiiiice.

Late o'clock Wednesday:

Hot shower, applied some 3P pre-post cream, nice menthol sinus-clearing aroma.

EJ de89bl loaded with an Asco blade on it's first outing in the razor (and on my face)
EJ sandalwood shaving cream sample - lathers up seriously fast into a great lather - smooooooooooooooooooooooth!

Three passes, slight touch-up on those inconveniently angular bits of jaw. One weeper on the neck, my fault for not getting the angle right on one pass :oops:

Usual alum block wipe, left on while cleaning up, then a good wipe with witch hazel on a cotton wool pad, finally some of the accompanying EJ sandalwood ASB. Nice clean scent.

Very smooth shave, most enjoyable.

Ainslie

Thursday, 19.May.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Kim Son Vu Silvertip
Acca Kappa 1869
Edwin Jagger DE86
Derby Extra Horizontal
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
Proraso Crema Liquida

P1030847.jpg

Thursday

Good morning.

Very busy here, woke up late as well, no time not even for a photo this morning.

34G > Wilkinson > Omega No. 34 > Dovo cream Eucalyptus > Myrsol Agua Balsamica > Creed Aventus.

Two passes, very smooth and clean. :D

EJ DE89
Red Personna (4)
W/Sword Brush
Taylors sandalwood cream
One planet Balm (head)
Ogalalla Bay Rum and Sandalwood (face)

Three passes and a head shave, very good.

The Ogalalla I received yesterday and did a test run on the wrist (see aquisitions thread). Thought I would test it out for the day see how it pans out as it seems quite strong on initial application. Think I put a bit too much on though (ive been advised to use sparingly despite it saying to splash all over). Its got a unique aroma and I didnt get much sandalwood in it til about an hour in so hopefully that will develop by later today. Especially as Mrs Force didnt seem that keen this morning describing it as 'liquorish mixed with shoe polish'. :lol:

However I must say that I was surprised to see how oily it is but its made my face feel great.

Thursday

Aristo & Gillette Plat. (GP) (1)
Provence Sante & Commodore
Pinaud Clubman AS

Wandering through my stash drawer came across a couple of loose blades: a Derby, a Feather and 2 GP's. I went for the GP as I had never used one before and wow, for me at least that was a seriously smooth shave, making the Sharks I have been using feel like cardboard. We'll see how the shaves progress with this blade and if I can get 4 decent one out of it, might have to dip a toe ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom