Shave Of The Day W/C Saturday 14/05/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
N_Architect said:
I had shaved just before I left my apartment to go pick her up... :p

Anyway, I'll stop here because we'll be hijacking the thread anytime soon.
I promise though to hopefully get back to this is in the NSFW board... (and when that happens you'll see what I mean) :eek:

Links please! :D

Monday

Gillette Rocket HD
Shark blade
Henk's Royal Leather cream
Kent BK4
L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Hydrating Boost PS Balm
Jeris Musk AS Cologne

Monday evening.

No shave for nearly 3 days, (been on holidays) so it's time to smarten up. Just because.

Truefitt and Hill pre shave oil, then hot towel
Truefitt and Hill genuine No.10 cream
EJ black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock green (1)
Ogalalla bay rum limes and peppercorns

Only 2 quick passes, bowl lathered. Very nice comfortable result.

chrisbell said:
I think the blade is past its best, but I'm going to shave again tomorrow or Wednesday with it, as the slight tugging I experienced today may have been due to the heavy growth I was sporting.

Na mate, if you think the blade is past its best, then the blade is past its best. Life's too short. Chuck a fresh one in, they're only pennies.

Monday

Semogue Owners Club Badger
Aristocrat
Lord Platinum
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Barbershop Bay Rum A /S
Henk's Bay Rum With A Twist Balm

A few shaves in with the lord platinum blades and I like them a lot,sharp and very smooth :D

Mark

An experimental shave today on two fronts:
First time using the Blue Tub of Soap (wilkinson's) and the first time I've shaved two days on the trot (DE, and it's years since I shaved two days on the trot by any other method)
Decided to push the blade (Gillette 7 o'clock yellow) to a fourth shave. Lathered up the Wilkinson's surprisingly easily - made large amount of lather, of a reasonable consistency. Three passes (W, X, A) plus a little fine tuning of the jawline.

Alum rub, crikey did that show up some irritation - cured quickly by swift and generous application of witch hazel. Couple of rinses, masochistic splash of Floid Vigoros (man I love that smell) then some Nivea for Men sensitive ASB. Couple of weepers, stypticked away nicely.

All in all, nae too bad. Definitely like the 7 o'clock blade, that's on the list to remember.

Ainslie

I guess with so many outstanding shaving creams and soaps and in-betweens we are spoilt for choice. I can't even PIF the thing cos it would probably result in a TSR life ban for me :lol:

Toolbox it is!

Ainslie.

I too was on the experimental path this morning

Gillette SuperSpeed
Treet Carbon Blade
Palmolive Shaving Cream
Wilkinson's own brush
Aqua Di Gio aftershave Balm

All started well, one of my favourite razors, Got a really good lather with the Palmolive cream, which lacks any real scent,
but could be worse, the brush performed ok too, then it cam to the actual shave... Jesus what a horrible blade...! it felt
as blunt as a butter knife, it required a LOT more pressure than regular blades (recently been using 7O'Clock yellows) which
in turn resulted on some mild yet unheard of irritation and burning sensation after the shave.

Again the Shaving Balm came up trumps as it soon soothed my face and relieved the burning sensation.

My verdict Treet Blades are truly awful, wont be using them again in a hurry.

Monday

Hot towl
Gillette Super Speed
Gillette Platinum Razor Blade
Vulfix 404 Brush (Boar/badger mix)
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (Wild Rose)
Alum block
Witch hazel
Trumpers Skin Food (Coral)
D R Harris Pink Aftershave Lotion

Was a morning shave but this morning was a rotten day at work and have not had time to post up.

Simple two pass (WTG & XTG) and a good result without touch ups this morning. At least the day started well with the shave ;)

Tuesday,17.May.2011

Pre: Emulsión Myrsol
Vintage Semogue 605
La Toja Manantiales
Mühle R89
Perma-Sharp (4)
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber
Emulsión Myrsol

P1030836.jpg

An Iberian shave! This vintage Semogue brush has a huge quantity of backbone, but the tips are becoming softer and softer.
An excellent shave, finalized by the hydration and the mentholated freshness of the Emulsión Myrsol. This one is quickly becoming one of my favourite pre- and aftershaves!

Good morning.

Tuesday:

Merkur 34G > Wilkinson > Omega No. 34 > Dovo Eucalyptus > Myrsol Balsamic Water > Floid Balsamo > Creed Millesime Imperial

SOTD_17May.jpg

Close and very nice. :D

Tuesday
  • Gillette Fusion ProGlide
  • Simpson Tulip T2 Super
  • D R Harris Lavender shaving soap
  • Paco Rabanne cologne[/list:u]

Back to the 80's with my cologne today. Never bought it back then . . . I was a Kouros / Antaeus lad. Others wore Polo, a couple wore Lacoste and our kid wore Cacharel.

Ah nostalgia. It's not what it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom