Sunday midday
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Bill, w Paua Abalone base and Simpson knot
Razor Ari-Ya
Cream: Fitjar, Neroli
AS: Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Woo hoo, I finally got the Fitjar right - dryer brush + loaded direct from the jar. Thank you Konstantinos! This blade is huge (wide, long and heavy Tungsteen) but I love it to bits and it feels like it´s a very easy blade to shave with, but it´s not :roll: and I got a nick on the middle of the cheek :roll:.
006800x684.jpg

Haven't posted here for a while. A 22 mm New Forest Two Band today made masses of lather from The Body Shop Macca Root cream. Nice and easy with the Jagger Chatsworth/red personna followed by Body Shop balm. I've pretty well settled with bowl lathering with creams on most days. I just enjoy the ease and speed of making lather this way. After all the experimenting these past two years I'm enjoying just settling with a few favourites.

Fido said:
I just enjoy the ease and speed of making lather this way. After all the experimenting these past two years I'm enjoying just settling with a few favourites.

I also have more or less settled on my favorites. Well razor and blade mainly.

Sunday

Mühle R89
Personna IP (3)
NF Tubby - I almost sold this, pleased I didn't now
Coates Tea Tree and Rosemary cream
GFT Coral Skin food
GFT Moisturizer

I actually gave myself a small cut this morning. Coates cream is supposed to have healing properties, I rubbed some spare lather on the cut after my shave an it healed. The stypic pencil was ready for action, but not really needed.

Had an excellent quality shave late last night! 2 passes, WTG and XTG using:

Parker 90r
Fresh Wilkinson sword blade
TOBS Sandlewood soap
Best badger brush

cold water rinse then Nivea ASB, only 1 slight nick (thats good for me) but no neck irritation which seems to have stopped now! :)

Sunday am/pm

Didn't shave yesterday so left some beard growth for the Merkur to get it's teeth into.

Prep: Hot shower, brush left in warm water, few drops of water on top of my Taylor's of Old Bond Street sandalwood soap in wooden bowl.

Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Astra (3rd shave)
Lather: Taylors of Old Bond Street sandalwood soap in wooden bowl. Spent a good time lathering up in my large cappuccino-cup lathering bowl , starting to really get the hang of lathering. It was all lovely and creamy-consistency. Added few drops of warm water to smooth out the lather.
Brush: EJ Badger

Shaved WTG x1, XTG x2. Touched up areas on the 'tache area and the bit where your neck meets your jawline ATG.

Styptic pencil on couple of areas. Nivea aftershave sensitive balm.

Lovely smooth shave, couple of areas that nicked - just under the bottom lip, side of neck, soon cleared up with styptic pencil and aftershave balm.

Missus commented on my lovely smooth face and the subtle sandalwood smell - she did comment that she's getting a bit worried about me posting on shaving forums and being metrosexual lol.

Shaving irritation has gone which I used to get all the time with cartridge shaving :lol:

Sunday:

Red Tip
Lord Cool
New Forest two band
Taylor's Avocado cream
Bulldog asb

Another new blade to test today - the Lord Cool. A nice blade, it mowed down two days worth of stubble with ease. Very smooth :)

Jos

Sunday

Seehund 5/8
NF2213 Chunky
Boots Soap Bowl
Alum
Givenchy Gentleman AS

Freshly honed on my coticule the Seehund was beautifully sharp, after stropping it was best HHT I've experienced thus far and a great shave resulted.

Sunday

GB Kent T4
Pre de Provence SS
Le Grelot 6/8 quarter grind
Roger et Gallet L'Homme ASB

Smooth as can be and still feels good, ten hours later. Three-day growth shaves are the best!

Attachments

• DSCF0053.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 50
Sunday, 05-15-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger - Gillette Rocket HD500 - Israeli Personna #2 - Pre GFT Skin Food Sandalwood - Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB GFT Skin Food Sandalwood - ASL SPARK'S.

Afeitado15-05-11005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom