Not open for further replies.
Monday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette Superthin
Godrej Round
Vie Long horse
Alum
Tabac ASL

DFS: Back to the straights tomorrow but lacking time today.

Sunday, 15/05/2011

Soundtrack: Kerrang TV Station

Prep: 60mins in Hot Tub, Hot bath, Baxter's of California Face Wash & Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

Cream / Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street Collection

Razor / Blade: Gillette Adjustable / Feather

Brush: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth

Post: Boots Witch Hazel, Nivea Daily Moisturiser, Holland & Barrett 99.9% Aloe Vera Gel.

Comments:
This was my first use of a Feather blade and, in conjunction with the Gillette ADJ, produced the finest shave I have ever experienced.
First pass was at #1, WTG as per usual, second pass at #3 XTG, then a neck pass at #5, a final face pass at #7 and all that was required was a little tidy up on the hard to reach, stubborn areas.

I think I have my full-time shaving rotation baseline completed now, and will occasionally, as a treat, try new things.

Final word on the feathers: Excellent blades, I must admit I was a little nervous before the first use as they have quite a reputation, but they left me with an excellent, close shave, no irritation or discomfort. These blades are now my favourite, with the Gillette super thins in second place.

Ok, now that HM mentioned it, I can't resist replying.

The blind date was ok, went out the next day as well but nothing could possibly tell what was about to follow.
She calls me the next day saying "...you know, ok, I don't think so... ...let's be friends..."
So I say "Ok".

She then comes to my place last weekend. For coffee. Yes, just that.

Then comes this past weekend. She calls me, asks "...Did you go out, meet anyone last night?" :eek: :?
I said "Oh well, nothing extraordinary really but working on it as usual".
Then she started talking that she had dreams and waking up in the middle of the night all this past week. :roll: :mrgreen:

Ok. :shock:

I propose to meet yesterday, she instantly agrees, I go pick her up and we come to my place.
Couple of minutes after we get in, I ask "Shall I make some coffee?"
She replies "Yes please."

Within the next minute, and before I even load the coffee maker with water, etc. she has already approached me with very serious intentions.... :cool:
Needless to say the coffee was being prepared a couple of hours later and not as I had originally thought - no time to make such arrangements straight after entering the apartment with this girl. :lol:

Now you don't really want me to share any other details regarding the rest of the day yesterday, do you? ;)

And well, yes, I did have another blind date last Sunday, it didn't work out though. But we'll carry on...

You Lucky Tiger! :D

P1030806.jpg

:lol: :lol:

N_Architect said:
Needless to say the coffee was being prepared a couple of hours later ..

A couple of HOURS!!!

*sigh* those were the days....

I'll let you off the hook, as you plainly didn't have any strength left to shave!

Ian

I had shaved just before I left my apartment to go pick her up... :p

Anyway, I'll stop here because we'll be hijacking the thread anytime soon.
I promise though to hopefully get back to this is in the NSFW board... (and when that happens you'll see what I mean) :eek:

Monday, 05-16-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger 25x53 mm. - Gillette Fat Boy - Lord Platinum Class #1 - Pre Edwin Jagger - Coate's Limited Edition shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Provence Santé.

Afeitado16-05-11003.jpg

Monday PM

Waitrose unscented glycerine soap
Hot flannel
Merkur HD
Shark SS (3)
Kent BK2
Palmolive Classic cream, bowl-lathered
Boots Freshwood AS
Nivea Sensitive ASB

3 passes: WTG, XTG, XTG.

Result: DFS, one tiny weeper on jawline.

After having been a bit busy, then a touch under the weather (I even resorted to an electric shave at one point :oops: ), I finally got back to having a shave the proper way. I think the blade is past its best, but I'm going to shave again tomorrow or Wednesday with it, as the slight tugging I experienced today may have been due to the heavy growth I was sporting. I decided to cocktail the AS and balm, which was very refreshing and soothing - I did then add a splash more AS a few minutes later as I'd deliberately only used a drop or two at first.

Monday:

CV Heljestrand 4/8
EJ de87 with Lord Cool
La Toja stick
New Forest chunky two band
Bulldog asb

Completed two passes with the straight today, leaving only a small nick on the upper lip. Not easy, but not bad :) .I really notice how the lather has to be slicker when using the straight. Tidied up with the DE.

Jos

Monday

Mühle R89
Personna IP
NF 2211
Bluebeards revenge cream
GFT Coral Skin Food
GFt Moisturizer

Just a 1 and a bit pass shave this morning. Starting to get a bit dark around the chops now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom