Shave Of The Day W/C Saturday 07/05/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday, 05-08-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger - Merkur Progress - Derby Extra #2 - Pre 3P - Martin de Candre unscented shaving soap sample - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Grey Flannel.

Afeitado08-05-11002-1.jpg

Sunday

Soap - Martin de candre
Brush- NF 2201
Razor- slimski (russian long handled slim knock off)
Blade- Astra keracik
AS- Myrsol Agua Balsámica

Well that russian thing is a heavy aggresize razor.
Had to dial it down to 1 to get a blade gap small enough that my lips would not get stuck in :lol:
But still a nice shave

MWF Hand Soap,
MWF Shaving Soap,
New Forest 2203,
Merkur 33c / Feather(2),
Alum Block,
Chanel Allure Moisturizing AS,
Davidoff Cool Water Game EdT.

SOTDMay8th2011.jpg

A very satisfactory DE shave.

Sunday:

Hot shower
Truefitt and Hill pre shave oil
Truefitt and Hill lavender cream
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock green (1)
Crabtree and Evelyn West Indian Limes cologne

2 passes, bowl lather, nice result.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Lion
TGQ Leatherneck SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
TGQ 'Leatherneck' extrait

Sort of a bittersweeet shave today.....nice, but kinda sad. Got out my last reserve puck of this now extinct soap....sigh. Yeah, this is the end of it, having been bought over a year ago. I didn't want to buy more than I could use, because the scent on her soaps starts to fade after that years time. This puck was purchased back on 3-14- 2010, which was right around the time Colleen shut down production.

Well, I waited a little too long, since the fragrance has already faded a good bit. Sad thing is, the leatherneck scent is my favorite of any soaps/creams I've ever tried. Sheeeesh! Performance is still fine(one of the top tier small vendor products), so that's something at least. Still, I was hoping to sniff that all through my 4+ passes, and the scent was just too subdued for maximum effect. Jeeez, I'm also just about done with the last small bottle of Leatherneck extrait.....a favorite EdT of mine.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• TGQ Leatherneck 004 (Small).jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 37
  • TGQ Leatherneck 002 (Small).jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 37
Sunday

Edwin Jagger DE89BA11 : Wilkinson : Vie-Long AC LE : Santa Maria Novella : Brut : Myrsol : Penhaligons English Fern

SOTD_08May_1.jpg

SOTD_08May_3.jpg

- Got irritation in the neck again despite trying to make good lather. A nice shave but we've seen better. I may go back to the Italian almond soaps, had lovely shaves last week.
- The SMN is good, but for the price paid and compared to the cost of a Proraso tub, not really that good.
- "Philishave" ??? :shock: (but of course "...It's a free country, brother..." as Jon Voight says to Robert de Niro in Michael Mann's 'Heat').
- I liked Andy's theme with the old picture in the back, and pugh's historical references. Nice feel to have a theme.

Well, my theme was to be South Korea today. Spent few years there recently, a very nice though different country. Positive memories, hard working and fairly sentimental people, would love to go back for work.

SANY0008.jpg

R0011587.jpg

QX1L0446.jpg

DSCN0885.jpg

QX1L0305.jpg

Sunday

Simpson Duke 2 In Best
Brit TV Superspeed
Super Thin
QCS Vostok Shaving Cream
Floid Vigoroso A/S
GFT Coral Skin Food

A great face freezing shave finished of with the calming coral skin food. :D

Mark

Sunday

hot flannel

Gillette SS
Derby blade (first time with a Derby)
GFT Rose cream (first time)
Wilkinson Sword bristle brush

Real Shaving Co - ASB

Not bad - found I had to do an extra pass ATG to get a smoother finish. Maybe thats the Derby blade though

Sunday
La Toja Manantiales SS/Edwin Jagger DE87 with Gillette Rubie/Vie Long E16505 brush/Myrsol Limon/Art of Shaving lemon balsam
P1160841.jpg

Saturday

Did not shave

Sunday

7/8 Kropp
Nanny's The Spicy One soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Sunday Night

Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette Superthin #1
Chunky New Forest 2213
The Prof's Black & White Shaving soap
Alum
Home made Herby AS

Great shave best lather I've had with the Prof's soap and Peter's brush. It needs to be so dry but works wonders when it is.

Hot face soak
3P Pre-Post
Gillette Fatboy with Feather
TOBS Badger
Cella
PompeyBill's homemade aftershave (Orange, Cedarwood, Frankincense)
PompeyBill's homemade cologne (Orange, Neroli, Patchouli)

Very much an experimental day today as I tried out the 3P plus my homemade smellies which I made yesterday. Much to my delight, they all worked very well and I smell lovely and fresh today. The aftershave is witch hazel based, and has a toner look to it, and it worked just as I hoped for, gave a really nice, smooth feel when it went on with a subtle scent. Cologne wasn't overpowering, and has settled down apparently into a nice patchouli scent (I smell like a hippy so I am told).

So, onto more playing and experiments, making your own is great fun. I'm making my own soap tonight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom