Shave of the day W/C Oct 29/10/2011

Hot Towel
Merkur 38B
Shark Superchrome (1)
Unbranded Badger Brush
GFT Coconut Oil Cream
Floid Blue

Much better shave today, Shark blade seems to agree with me, taking off the patches I missed yesterday with ease. Also loved the Coconut cream - this was a free sample I managed to get from Trumpers - most definitely will be getting a full pot soon .

Thursday

Feather SS with ProGuard
Omega 31064
Penhaligons English Fern (new formulation)
Trumpers Skin Food Sandalwood

No picture today - a very nice, close and smooth shave however.

The political situation here continues sometimes to move from a thriller to a disaster, other times from a parody to a frightening future. Very lucky to be here during these days, it's a historical week despite the sad news and atmosphere we bring to Europe and the World.

@ Andy: Well done on the prize! (and congrats to 'Cubert' as well for the runner-up spot of course).

@ Mikael: Lovely razor that one from Max...

Le Grelot 6/8, Joris Pur Blaireau, Floris Elite

PB030290.jpg

RE: Thursday

N_Architect said:
Feather SS with ProGuard
Omega 31064
Penhaligons English Fern (new formulation)
Trumpers Skin Food Sandalwood

The political situation here continues sometimes to move from a thriller to a disaster, other times from a parody to a frightening future. Very lucky to be here during these days, it's a historical week despite the sad news and atmosphere we bring to Europe and the World.

@ Andy: Well done on the prize! (and congrats to 'Cubert' as well for the runner-up spot of course).

@ Mikael: Lovely razor that one from Max...

Thank you Konstantinos!

Greece has been aroiund for while and will still be so, after the dust has settled, I'm sure off.

L'Occitane Verbena soap
Razor Feather AC-SS
Feather Light Blade
'Le Tuft' Chubby 1.5 Custom
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum + Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
L'Occitane Bavx EDT

Jamie.

First time using the Vito's I recieved off Antad, more Almond than Coconut, but what a lovely soap it lathers up like a meringue so rich and creamy with that glossy coating, I would say this is as good as Mitchells Woolfat, I love the smell of almonds so I couldn't go wrong really, now on to the shave two pass shave with minor clean up, super smooth shave from the feather i'm really enjoying using this razor.

0028-1-1.jpg

Gillette Old (I hope)
Polsilver blade (second shave with it)
Erasmic cream
No aftershave needed

A comfortable and fairly close shave. If this razor really is an old then I can see what is meant about aggression, which is why I chose a very smooth blade. The box for the razor is in a bad way on the outside but inside looks almost immaculate.
I need to stop buying razors now. At least till March when it's my 30th so I will be able to justify getting a Futur!

Friday:

Merkur Slant 37c
Voskhod
Rod Neep Box wood silvertip
Palmolive cream

I keep coming back to the Palmolive this week - lovely stuff, it is easily my fave budget cream.

Silky smooth face lathering with the Neep silvertip, and effortless whisker-whacking from the Slant. Tremendous :icon_biggrin:

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshal Fields badger
Muller & Schmidt/Iridium
Rivivage SS
SebaMed As Balsam
Givency 'Xeryus' EdT (1990s version)

First time using this German made OC razor, courtesy of the R. Otten fine lending library of tonsorial oddities. Nice looking piece with a fair amount of bite.....left myself with a few red spots that went away after the cold water splash.

BBS results,

Martin

Well, Happy Guy Fawkes Day gentlemen!
Preshave: Noxzema plus
Razor: Merkur Slant 39C
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Boar
Soap: Monsavon au lait (thank you, 1st time user)
Aftershave: Thayer, cucumber and witch hazel.
Nice shave, no fireworks!

NotTheStig said:
Gillette Old (I hope)
Polsilver blade (second shave with it)
Erasmic cream
No aftershave needed

A comfortable and fairly close shave. If this razor really is an old then I can see what is meant about aggression, which is why I chose a very smooth blade. The box for the razor is in a bad way on the outside but inside looks almost immaculate.
I need to stop buying razors now. At least till March when it's my 30th so I will be able to justify getting a Futur!

Close; It's a good sign of it being one of the 'Old'. I have a 1918 (military year) that gives an acceptable shave with only one pass. Very clean with two. Clean but comfortable. You can see where the old ' "3S's" in 5mins' came from.

Back
Top Bottom