Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
Simpsons Chubby 2
Mitchells Woolfat
Alum + Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Floris Sirena Eau de parfum

Jamie.

Well last night was the first time in four days I handn't coughed all night long my cold or Man flu as finally been beaten, anyway enough of me, two pass shave super smooth lovely shave indeed, i'm off this morning to Cardiff with the Wife for a little retail therapy.

004-1-1.jpg

SOTD 29.10.11

proraso pre and post

valobra menthol

new forest tubby 2

gillette slim adjustable @ 3 with gillette platinum ( 2 )

floid italian blue

thayers witch hazel cucumber

Saturday

Feather AC SS Razor
Feather Proguard Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Monsavon
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Decided to try Monsavon again, and managed to get some via an eBay seller. Again, great scent but lacking a bit in the lather department. I'm wondering if it doesn't like our water. Still managed to get a decent shave, though.

Ian

Simpson Duke
Proraso soap
#21 Aristocrat
Feather blade

A decent shave, huge difference between the Feather and the last three blades.

A big change today:

10-1.jpg

Quick rub with Palmolive, lathered up, quick pass in several directions, second lather with what was left in the brush, same again and finish. Less than half the time I usually spend in the bathroom and about 90% of my usual standard. Might do this again on a Saturday as we leave early for Lymington market.

Not so keen on the Simpson Pure but it did the job. Jagger Chatsworth/red personna and Proraso balm completed the line up.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Polo 8 two band
Razor: C V Heljestrand 6/8 in custom horn scales w silver inlays, by Neil Miller
Soap: Nannys, Citrus Zinger (candy day :D)
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very close :D

A little flowery today, to celebrate the Suns return (for a day) and Neils excellent custom scales :D
023800x539.jpg

... ohh, and some:
003800x574.jpg

Today:

Bulldog face wash
Feather AC RG with ProGuard blade (6)
Taylor's Lavender cream
New Forest HMB
No balm

Two passes (south, west on face; north, south-west on neck) plus a little northerly neck touchup without relathering. Effortless, quick, clean and comfortable. Still have to think quite a bit, we're a few weeks from it being automatic yet.

Yesterday's shave was still holding up incredibly well - the straight shave really does seem to last longer, as I'd read but doubted. I shan't have to wait to see how well this two-passer lasts, either - it's very close to BBS after that little neck touchup.

Effective, rewarding, and enjoyable :).

Saturday Afternoon:
    • ... an almost all-Canadian shave experience.

• - Gillette (Canada) Old Type razor
    - Fuller Brush (Canada) refurb'ed by beejay with horsehair
    - J M Fraser Regular shave cream
    - Thayers' Lemon witch hazel (American)
    - Booster's Iced Lime ASL
    - 444 ASB (Portuguese)

Maybe it was due to the rain, or perhaps the depression, or some of both, or another thing (or things) altogether, but, today was an hot-water* shave.
  • ... with a cold final rinse.
    • ... it was alright, yeah.

*NOTE: Yup, my new faux-ivory faux-tower actually has hot running water on-demand.
  • ... as long as the boiler's pilot light is burning, that is.

... carry on.

Fido said:
Such style!

Thank you Dr Hyde! Simple when you have such a lovely razor and brush (there's something special about these Simpson brushes, one could easy get by well with one or two of your brushes in a lifetime ... and I'll do that, too :D).

Gillette Tech fat handle (gold, 1953, Canada)
Glycerin pre-shave
Polsilver stainless (third shave)
Erasmic shaving cream
Proraso pre- and post-shave as post-shave

Close shave but getting a slightly bumpy razor rash. Will probably need to give my skin a break.

Back
Top Bottom