Shave of the day, Saturday, 02/04/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely staggeringly good shave today.. one of the best ive had this year!!!

-NF 2201
-TOBS jermyn cream
-EJ loxley razor
-Personna platinum

no catching, no redness, no irritation. Just a smooth, pain free shave. even my trouble spot was smooth and hair free. Really kicked my day off with a buzz after such a good shave.

I should shave in the morning more often lol, seems whenever i shave first thing i get better shaves. Yet when i shave at night it seems to lead to more irritation. The inverse used to be true back in the old cartridge days!!

hmm - been a wee while since I did one of these....

• Tuesday Night:
      • Le Tuft Urban Hermit's Black & Blues bespoke shave set
        Asco Blue & Red super stainless blade
        Nanny's Luxury: Sandalwood soft soap
        MICAlum stick
        Thayers' Peach witch hazel
        Professor Blighty's Grapewood ASL[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

That's all; carry on.

Hot shower
EJ DE89
Astra (2)
Men u brush
TOBS sandalwood
TOBS Eton college asl

Great shave today 2 passes and touch up. The cream didn't seem as scented as the Trumpers version I tried at the weekend. The Astra seemed to suit me nice and close. Used the last of my eton college sample which has definitely proved itself worthy of a full purchase.

Wednesday
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest, Tubby 2
Razor: SSA, Eskilstuna blade
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Ogallala Lime & Peppercorns
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very clean :D

001800x630.jpg

EJ DE89 & Wilkinson : Shavemac D01 2B custom 26mm & Floris No. 89 : Sisley organic moisturizer : Floris No. 89 Eau de Toilette

IMG_2040.jpg

The soap is great, lovely scent and very good performance taking into account it's a veggie one. Very slick as per reports in other forums.

Wednesday

White proraso pre.post
NF silvertip
Proraso white soap
EJ mastiff + shark SS (1)
Alum
Proraso ASB

Aloe vera gel in places :(

result: 3 passes + touch ups. Left with a bit of a rash on neck, think I tried to get too close. Will go a bit easier next time.

moodymick said:
3 minute shave due to iPhone alarm not going off - not a good start to a bad day :(

Why do people use mobile phones as alarm clocks? Why not just use an alarm clock?

I can understand it if you're travelling, but at home, I just don't get it.

Ian

Wednesday

Merkur 39C Slanthammer
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchell's Woolfat Soap
Trumpers Limes a/s

I have taken the decision to reduce my SOTD posts.

Ian

Wednesday

Monsavon Soap
Sem 1305 Brush
Dovo Shavette
Dovo Blade
Alum
Grapewood Balm and AS
2 x Plasters

Took delivery of a Dovo Shavette and blades that were kindly sent to me from FrenchBlades, had to wait for a friend to go before I could go and have a play.
Anyway preped with a hot face scrub thing with little balls in, then rinsed and used a hot towel
Created an amazing lather, really am starting to get good with my lathers now
A WTG pass with the shavette, kinda poohing myself, both sides of the face with my dominant hand (Right) no nicks or weepers, I was very surprised, it cut like a dream and to be honest I could have got away with 1 pass but thought 1 more pass as it went so well.
So second pass, can't really say it was XTG it was kinda criss XTG AND I thought I would try using the same hand as the side of the face I was shaving, this started fine, right hand side brilliant, left side was going good, then all of a sudden SLIP a nice 1cm slice into my face near my ear and the blood starts to flow, I shrug and continue and do my chin, then SLIP a nice vertacle cut down the centre of my chin more blood pouring.
My face is starting to look like scorcese,
big_shave.jpg

Rinsed, cold towel (good job it was a blue towel not white) plenty of alum, another cold compress, balm, AS and then as still bleeding, 2 silver plasters
May have cut myself BUT boy what a nice experience and shave it was, a little more practice and I think I could be a convert.

As I'm still a noob I'm practicing with my original kit. Nothing special. TI 6/8 open razor, TI badger brush supplied with razor and I tried the body shop maca root shaving cream.
Really enjoyed the shave but the selling point came when my 20 month old asked why my face wasn't "prickly" anymore. Made my day. I apparently still have furry boobies!

Wednesday, 04-06-11.

JSoap from Aleppo 100% olive - Morris & Forndran Two Bands - Merkur 39C Slant Barberpole - Red Personna #2 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL HGB for Men Bay Rum.

Afeitado06-04-11004-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom