Simpson Colonel,
Dovo 5/8,
Razorock Alum,
GFT Coral SF,
Davidoff Cool Water Game EdT.

SOTDApril4th2011.jpg

Not that smells better!! ;)

Monday, 04-04-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Vintage Feather safety razor - Red Personna #2 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Myrsol Fórmula K.

Afeitado04-04-11.jpg

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Dropped the brush in the basin as I was lathering up the MWF. It was downhill from there........ :x

Struggled to get the lather back, and was not very successful. Shaved with a poor lather and managed to slice a mole......... :shock: :evil:

Somehow managed to get the lather back on track for the second pass and things started to look up.

Had to have two goes with the styptic to repair the mole, then on with the alum block and then I moisturised with aloe gel.

All in all I managed to make the best of a bad job and now I'm sitting at the computer feeling like I had a good, close and smooth shave!

Loccitane Cade Face Scrub
EJ Badger Brush
Fitjar Mint Cream
Slim Adjustable
Superthin
Loccitane ASB

Only used this brush a couple of times as been using my NF Brushes all the time but this is really a good face lathering brush.

About time I started contributing to this thread.

Good, hot face soak.
Edwin Jagger Super Badger brush
Gillette Fatboy with Feather blade
Provence Sante Shaving Soap
Old Spice aftershave
Pecksniffs Cologne
Professor Blightys Yellow Unction

Great shave today, nice and BBS without any nicks. I've been having great shaves recently, and the soaps I have received in trades etc from here have all worked extremely well, and Provence Sante is one of them. It's great waking up in the morning and knowing I have a selection of fantastic soaps to choose from, and knowing they'll all give me a superb shave. The Prof's Unction is great stuff, and really finishes things off after the shave fantastically well.

A few soaps I want to try over the next few weeks to see if I can add anything else to my rotation, amongst them are Cella, Calani and Fitjar, all of which have great reviews but which I haven't had a try of yet, so will be putting that right.

Hot towel prep
Proraso Pre & Post
EJ DE89
Gillette Super Thin (2)
Semogue 1305
Mitchells Wool Fat Soap
Ogallala Bay Rum, Lime & Peppercorn
Brighty's Unction

I have now came to the conclusion that the Gillette 7 O'Clock blades is best with my EJ DE89 and a Gillette Super Thin is best with a Merkur 34C. Todays shave was a little disappointing and as i was running late for work i couldn't just get it right.

As for the Unction....wow good stuff. Not only it leaves my face soft it helps my dry skin on my hands. OK its not a permanent fix but it does leave them dry free for most of my working day and non greasy.

And a little does go a long way.

Monday, 4.Apr.2011

Prebarba Proraso
LiJüh&1980 Finest
Nanny's Silly Soaps Ice & a Slice with goat milk (sample)
Mühle R89
Derby Extra Horizontal
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
ASB "O Melhor"

P1030615.jpg

Tuesday, had a few days off.

Soap: Tob's lemon and lime
Brush: new forest 2221
blade: shark SS (3)
Razor: adjustable slim on 7

BBS,

Had a few days off, spent most of yesterday up with my head inside a valve amp breathing in clouds of noxious solder fumes. Might have overdone the BR this morning, can't actually smell anything.

Went for a fresh, fruity day today.

Hot face soak.
Edwin Jagger Super Badger brush
Gillette Fatboy with Featherblade
Sunbury's Barbershop Lime Shaving Soap
Three passes (with, across, against)
Tabac aftershave
Pecksniffs Cologne
Professor Blighty's Yellow Unction

My EJ Badger brush is on it's last legs, after being a loyal friend for a good time. I have a Semogue 1305 due any day, so can't wait to get that going.

Another great shave today, no nicks or irritation at all. Steve's Barbershop Lime has a great scent and leaves the face feeling fantastic afterwards, and gives a really smooth shave, up there with the best soaps I have.

Shower
Sound: Talk Talk

EJ DE89
Astra
Ingrams Cream
W/Sword Brush
One Planet Balm
Chanel Allure Sport EDT

Lovely shave today, first time using an Astra, no irritation- perhaps could have had a bit more of a touch up on the chin as a bit rough when stroked against the grain. Bit of a minor nick on the ear during the head shave but styptic and talc sorted that out, but minty fresh-hence the green font....

005800x5992.jpg

This brush´s setting off every AD bell in my system. It´s so lovely and combinded with other great gear = a fantastic shave and I got myself a very, very close shave :D Thank you Bill, for an estupendo brush and fantastic transaction! I´m sitting here and smiling while I type, must be a good grade for this shave :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom