Monday Night

Kropp 6/8
Ever Ready 1912 + Gem
NF2213 'Chunky'
BS Maca Root Cream
Alum
Aquatonic AS
Gillette ASB

A great shave, over 8 hours later very still smooth indeed.

Mikael said:
This brush´s setting off every AD bell in my system. It´s so lovely and combinded with other great gear = a fantastic shave and I got myself a very, very close shave :D Thank you Bill, for an estupendo brush and fantastic transaction! I´m sitting here and smiling while I type, must be a good grade for this shave :mrgreen:

You're most welcome Mikael and i'm delighted the brush is doing a good job :)
regards, beejay

Monday 4th April

Martin de Candre Savon à Raser - Semogue 830 - Gillette Toggle - Gillette Bleue (3) - DR Harris lavender water (sample)

Tuesday 5th April

Martin de Candre Savon à Raser - Simpson Chubby 1 Best - Gillette Red Tip - Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (1) - Caldey Island Lavender (sample)

Both samples courtesy of Canuck, very different but nice in their own right. The DRH one is very fleeting, gone within half an hour or so. The Caldey Island lasts longer but I don't get as much lavender from it up front. I think I prefer the Agua Lavanda Puig that I have to either of them. It's got the lavender initially but them dries down to a sort of powdery soapy smell that outlasts the other two.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields whitecap
Schick 'L' type injector/Personna Stainless Steel (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT (patchouli/oakmoss)

Man, another great shave with this razor/blade combo. This injector's as easy to use as my old M3, but a lot more fun. I'd be using my injector regularly if I hadn't found DE razors years ago. This old blade is really quite good, which helps a lot.

BBS results,

Martin

P4052889.jpg

Vie-Long, Weyer-Schulze, Truefitt&Hill

Tuesday, 05-04-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Merkur 39C Slant Barberpole - Shark Super Stainless #1 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Raw Vanilla.

Afeitado05-04-11.jpg

Tuesday PM

Musgo Real Glyce lime oil soap
Hot flannel
Merkur HD
Crystal Platinum (4)
Kent BK2
Real Shave Co. Professional moisturising cream, bowl-lathered
Boots witch hazel
Nivea Sensitive ASB

3 passes: WTG, XTG x2, plus blade buffing under jawline.

Result: DFS.

Following experiments in lathering the RSC cream using more water, I followed this procedure today. Unfortunately, at the point that I decided to add a few extra drops, I took too much from the basin in my hand and aded it before I realised my error. Whilst this didn't affect the shave too badly, by the time I'd completed my three reduction passes, the lather was going foamy in the bowl, despite not being in hot water. Mainly, though, the comfort of the shave was compromised by trying to push the blade to last for a fourth shave, which wasn't a good idea. The blade tugged a bit and generally didn't glide nicely. Still, using a feather-light touch and keeping the Merkur at a shallower angle than I have been reduced the irritation to one tiny patch; otherwise, it was a close and irritation-free shave.

N_Architect said:
Nice and once again vibrantly colourful shot, Mikael. :)

Thanks Konstantinos! This brush made it simple, I really wanted to capture it :roll: :lol: , I wasnt´sure the asymetric setup (razor off center) would work though.

Bill: Once more, thank you! Your work and your care for details, really moves me. It must be a labour of ... love :D

Tuesday

GB Kent T4
Martin de Candre
Filarmonic 13, white scales
Castle Forbes Lime Oil
Korres Saffron, Amber, Cardamom

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 35
Best get this on whilst I remember.... :D

Tuesday

Merkur Futur (#6 WTG & XTG, #4 ATG)