Shave of the Day 27th November - 3rd December 2021

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: None
Razor: ATT Windsor
Blade: Shark (2)
Brush: Frank Shaving
S Cream: Palmolive

Last few days of a month spent with ATT Windsor and what a revelation this was. A razor that certainly doesn't get all the attention it deserves I believe. To me this has been the perfect portrayal of a smooth and efficient razor. It is a definite keeper.

For the last few shaves I'm going back to a shaving cream I haven't used in years. Not long ago I used the shaving stick and yes I can now confirm the cream does lather up a bit quicker but not by much. The rest, ie performance & scent is very much the same. You can't go wrong with Palmolive be it a soap or cream.

Injector for next month...

Have a great week everyone!

SOTD.jpg

SOTD 29-Nov
20211129_114504.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: PAA Blue Samhain
Razor: CB Karve Brass (E)
Blade: GSB (2)

Excellent shave this morning with the E plate, very efficient and close finish. Powerful scent from the Samhain, and still going strong hours later.

Ready and raring for a two day week followed by 2 1/2 weeks off, can't bloody wait!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD 23.jpg

Soap – Meissner Mint Ice Menthol
Brush – Vie Long Synthetic
Razor – RR SLOC / EJ 3D handle
Blade – Rockwell (2)
A/S – Blue Stratos
A/S Balm – Proraso Green

The SLOC has an aggressive look and it is very efficient but it feels ultra mild when shaving.
Paired with the EJ 3D black handle makes for a lovely looking razor and very nice to use. Beautiful, smooth, comfortable shave.

Have a good day and enjoy your shaves.

IMG_0158.jpg

I’m looking forward to my first shave with the TOBS Sandalwood. I realise that this is, for many shavers, their favourite TOBS cream. I generally prefer the citrus or ozone scented soaps but adventure is the spice of life, or is it sandalwood?

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Feather ASD2
Blade: Feather (3)
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Brush: Simpson's Chubby 3 BB
Pre-shave: Shower
Post-shave: TBC
Bowl: Face lather

EDIT: I've just had the shave and it was very enjoyable. I don't have an aftershave that matches the Sandalwood precisely so I used LEA's Balm which is close and also quite neutral. The Chubby worked very well with the TOBS, I really should use it more often.

Last edited:
Monday November 29, 2021
Razor: Kenyon
Blade: sChick Injector
Brush: Trotter Spalted/2 Band Badger
Soap: IColoniali Mango Oil
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: CHH Tobacco
Fragrance: Amouage Sunshine Man
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,118
View attachment 80748
Now that is so Cool, I would be very tempted if one came up for sale.

Mon 29th November

The Grosvenor 404mixed
Ach Brito Mogno
ER 1912 Bathroom Set
Gem S/S ( 3 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

For a guaranteed quality Shave, using this particular 1912 is a good choice. This has to be my favourite version, beating the Gem Junior which is still a great version.
Lived up to expections today, a really excellent hassle free Shave with a great finish.

AC68C080-ACD7-499D-9740-4D60A891372F.jpeg

Saturday 28th November

Soap • WSP Spring Rain
Brush • Yaqi Mokka Express
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Floid Mentally Vigorous

7-8 day's growth removed, and to me, I looked about 15 years younger.
Didn't really enjoy the shave as I'm still feeling quite poorly.
Standing for the duration really took it out of me.

29112021.jpg

Pre: Shower, finishing off with PAA Cube (plain)
Soap: A&E Spartacus
Brush: Alpha Shaving, UHD Two-band
Razor: Twig - generously loaned by @ATG
Blade: Halved Gilette Rubie

The brush is new, and I'm getting used to it. It is easily the densest knot I have ever encountered, and works well with A&E Spartacus.

The real novelty was the Twig. It is satisfyingly made, and feels more robust than it looks. Having used AC, GEM, or injector blades for the last year, it took three shaves to get used to the Twig. The relatively light weight of the razor means that a combination of angle and pressure give the best results (something I experienced, albeit differently, with the Vector). With a bit of patience, I ended up with a comfortable three pass, plus a tidy along the neck.

It's something I need reminded of every now and again: patience with the aim of growth reduction gives consistently smoother results than going for BBS in the minimum number of passes.

Saturday 28th November

Soap • WSP Spring Rain

At least you're back on your feet fella, I hope it's the start of a speedy recovery for you

Saturday 28th November

Soap • WSP Spring Rain

At least your getting up and getting your strength back. don’t take it i’ll out mate it takes time, hopefully your next shave you’ll be back to normal

Back
Top Bottom