Shave of the Day 27th November - 3rd December 2021

Razor = Vintage Feather Late 1950’s early 60’s
Brush = Yaqi Sagrada Familia Synthetic
Blade = Astra SP ( 1 )
Cream = Executive Shaving Bay Rum with matching balm
Splash = Arko Comfort

41F28C70-1AC9-4E9B-9D12-1B97352C43C2.jpeg

Well what a brilliantly unexpected shave.
Iv had this vintage feather for a while now and never really got round to using it.
Another vintage feather i had ripped me to bits
( my fault ) but it put me off using the others.
Paired with the Astra SP a blade i hadn’t used in over 18 months it turned in to a wonderful mild shave.
This is the only bay rum i own & it’s nearly done so i definitely need another one.
My only criticism is i don’t own a bay rum splash so i really need to get one.
Never Mind
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe.

Monday AM 2021-11-29
World Anteater Day
IR4bj7x.jpg

Rooney Stubby 1 Porcelain Finest (22/45)
Floris Elite shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/Triad Aristocrat Brass
Personna 74 Tungsten (6)
Fabergé Brut aftershave (vintage)
CJrYrP1.jpg

Saturday 28th November

Soap • WSP Spring Rain
Brush • Yaqi Mokka Express
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Floid Mentally Vigorous

7-8 day's growth removed, and to me, I looked about 15 years younger.
Didn't really enjoy the shave as I'm still feeling quite poorly.
Standing for the duration really took it out of me.

If you look younger then you'll feel younger which is a big plus. More important you did something positive to move yourself through your illness. Keep going forward matey.

Saturday 28th November

Soap • WSP Spring Rain
Brush • Yaqi Mokka Express
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Floid Mentally Vigorous

7-8 day's growth removed, and to me, I looked about 15 years younger.
Didn't really enjoy the shave as I'm still feeling quite poorly.
Standing for the duration really took it out of me.
Understand how you feel , I shaved when I had a broken leg and very tiring standing up. Like you just did it to look half decent.
Hope you make a speedy recovery- Mike B.

RDvc002.jpg

Just purchased this last year & last ¼ Gillette USA production Tech (Note: If I decide to sell this I will somehow mysteriously discover "provenance" verifying this one was the last off the line thereby requiring a premium). :D;)

Gillette Platinum (#3)
Turn 'N Shave Quarter Moon 25mm Tuxedo
Dr. Jon's Hydra
(Vol. III) soap
Fine Italian Citrus AS & EdT respectively

fBX3uAg.jpg

2nd shave on the new Supply Black Label injector blade (hint: shaves just like a Personna)
G 1 Schick injector
AP Shave Co. Silk Smoke 24mm Flattop
RazoRock Black Bay
AS
Noble Otter Lone Star soap ( I should have bought a tub of this. Spectacular soap & scent! )
How’d you like that flattish top silky? Good? Been on my radar but can’t decide so help me out, good sir. Thankee.

BC34F271-F2FB-4042-9F07-2B29408886AB.jpeg

Henson Med, Rapira Swede, ShedEleven ‘Elle’ in Yew and Cashmere Fan 26mm, GFCC Sandalwood SC, Bulldog Balm, Essence Vault #411 (Green Irish Tweed)

This Henson is a ruddy winner - where’ve you been all my life, sweet cheeks? Handle’s a bit long and it’s awfy light but stone me if that just doesn’t matter. Shaves easy and so close. A definite keeper but Matron has taken a shine to it and although I might have made her shaving brush, just wait till she finds out I used it! It’s the torture table for me and I believe she’s just got a verified patent back on a new tungsten carbide testicle grater… I mean why? Honestly, ruddy woman’s a menace…

0CACC5FA-44AA-4115-A482-E0BF2E5AE24B.jpeg
Last few shaves were done with this setup - yes I know, I’m slacking again with posting … still a daily shaver however work is busy and it’s spilling way over the normal work hours … some good shaves and not as good recently.

I was considering letting go of this feather DX shavette however after trying it with the guarded blades - decided it’s a keeper! Yes the straights are smoother shavers, however this will be a fun one to try and tame I guess. Don’t think feather super blades will ever end up in it, but maybe some day feather pro will haha!

10 months in and i think im slowly nailing down my preferences , therefore some slight moving on of the gear is happening - ATT S2, some bits im not using as much, few sets …. Slowly but surely! It is crazy how quickly the gear amasses in this rabbit hole haha! Still loving every second of it!

hope all you gents are doing well!

Tue 30 SOTD
Soap B&M The Full Measure of Man
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Feather Hi-Stainless 2nd Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M TFMOM Balm
An epic scent from the soap and further enhanced by the balm. The lather was creamy and slick.
I have never used this fav razor and fav blade combination before...until today and wow!! Super crisp, silky smooth, and very comfortable in 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Awesome pairing! Aftershaves were lasting and great!
20211130_082618.jpg

SOTD : 30th November 2021.

11.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: APShave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Vie-Long Shave stick.
Blade: Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium.( D3)
Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Brut Sport Style ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

The Vie-Long shave stick is absolutely superb, not just for it's very modest price tag, but most importantly for it's performance & post shave feel....The Super Max BDT continued to perform with smooth efficiency with no signs of dulling... Very impressive.

A Enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom