Shave of the Day 27th November - 3rd December 2021

Saturday 28th November

Soap • WSP Spring Rain
Brush • Yaqi Mokka Express
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post • Floid Mentally Vigorous

7-8 day's growth removed, and to me, I looked about 15 years younger.
Didn't really enjoy the shave as I'm still feeling quite poorly.
Standing for the duration really took it out of me.
Take it easy. Yours- Barry.

SOTD 30-Nov
20211129_114748.jpg
Brush: Wolf Whiskers AP Gelousy
Soap: NO Plunder
Razor: CG Everyday
Blade: GSB (1)

Decent shave, not 100% sold on my brush setting, may have to pull and reset. This is my first bulb, and I'm struggling to get a decent lather at times or at least one that'll release. I'm wondering where it's too low and is trapping it. As I say it's my first bulb so don't know whether this is actually a possibility or not.

Becoming quite a fan of the NO sets, just received a couple more which I'm itching to try out...patience...hair doesn't grow that quickly.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

View attachment 80775
Last few shaves were done with this setup - yes I know, I’m slacking again with posting … still a daily shaver however work is busy and it’s spilling way over the normal work hours … some good shaves and not as good recently.

I was considering letting go of this feather DX shavette however after trying it with the guarded blades - decided it’s a keeper! Yes the straights are smoother shavers, however this will be a fun one to try and tame I guess. Don’t think feather super blades will ever end up in it, but maybe some day feather pro will haha!

10 months in and i think im slowly nailing down my preferences , therefore some slight moving on of the gear is happening - ATT S2, some bits im not using as much, few sets …. Slowly but surely! It is crazy how quickly the gear amasses in this rabbit hole haha! Still loving every second of it!

hope all you gents are doing well!
I remember the days when you used to buy all my old tat. Now you've got your own tat to sell.

download.jpeg

Themed 'Matching socks and underpants (vest included)', I welcome you to last night's SOTD from the sink of satan.

20211129_181021.jpg

String vest - Claymore Evolution
String underpants - Feather Proguard
Ties - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Handkerchiefs- The Bath House Spanish fig and nutmeg soap
Bums - The Bath House Spanish fig and nutmeg aftershave balm
Faces - The Bath House Spanish fig and nutmeg EDC

Matching accoutrements which all added up to a rather twee shave. These Bath House products are somewhat overlooked but to me they are top notch performers. The soap lathers so so easily with wonderful results to shave in to and the balm a perfect post shave soothing. The EDC might be a little sickly sweet for some, but I rather like this approach and it certainly sits on the 'different' side of scents. Then again if you can't do 'overly sweet' there is always their Cuban Cedar and Lime which again is first class, and different.

The EVO? Continues to be a great performer and the more I use it, the more I appreciate its virtues. I do have to thank @mpf9ret for the hint on the Proguard which goes a long way to making sense of the Evo, and does actually fit.

A sublime shave with exceptionally pleasing results

Be safe and well everyone and the same for all your friends and families.

Cheap, nasty, tacky. It just has to be those 'Bed in' girls displaying a little more than talent (or a lack of)

Tuesday 30th November
Yaqi Heavy Metal - Wickham 1912 Apricus - Pal Injectomatic - Schick Proline B #6 - Duru Mandarin Cologne - Wickham 1912 Apricus ASB
Aq1BNZL.jpg

Tuesday November 30, 2021
Razor: Timeless .95 OC
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Knothead "The Kentuckian"
Soap: ETHOS/DFS Colonia
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: ETHOS/DFS Colonia
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,119

With the Dragonsbeard V3 on it's way to me I decided to go with an Ethos soap. The wife picked out "The Kentuckian" brush for me and so Colonia was selected for the soap because...............................it matches :cool: I used an almond size scoop to my bowl and when the soap had the right water it exploded with an amazing lather that just felt so good on the face. I had way too much lather for my 3 pass shave but I prefer way more than not enough lather. After rinsing the bowl out I saw that some soap remnants were on the bottom and never even mixed as it was an excessive and unnecessary amount. I got all that lather from maybe 2/3's of the almond size scooped. I don't see how anyone wouldn't get enough lather from this soap unless their brush is eating it all. With the small amount I used I had enough lather left that I could have shaved a couple Yak's and a Sherpa. The scent was so good and still lingering from the soap and splash that I skipped picking an EDT. Have a great day Folks !
IMG_20211129_213155328_HDR.jpgIMG_20211130_061557439_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom