Shave of the Day 27th November - 3rd December 2021

No pic as had to use the slightly cramped smaller bathroom. Went a little old school as hadn’t used a proper hard puck and boar for a while!

Merkur 34C
Derby blue (3)
Fine Platinum (original hard puck soap)
Semogue boar (620 I think?)
Fine Platinum aftershave splash
Stirling unscented balm

Leisurely 3 passes for a BBS finish - beautiful start to what looks like a very wet windy and cold weekend!

Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Morris & Forndran
Soap: Boellis 1924 Panama
Razor: Wolfman WR1 TI on Triad Aristocrat TI
Blade: Sputnik
AS: Acqua di Parma Colonia intensa
AS Balm: Acqua di Parma Colonia pura

SOTD_20211127.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

4603F74B-00D4-4BD7-A1BA-34230E851E1D.jpeg

SOTD: 27/11/2021

Razor: Pearl Flexi
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 1st use
Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite Synthetic Shaving Brush
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town Puck
Aftershave: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male EDT
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A delightful shave where I decided to push the Flexi to a higher level than I normal use with great results.
Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Saturday 27th November

AM-JKLVcjeij1AaEmjFWolXJUTAayN6cyPqvmks7ntUf92ay_hE1OMmQbjx-5_kS2qWu90xKcv_HgyMIRzvIgqDm3yFEHSH1WyWd45Nb_3oLIoigFZ5xHm3Hv7iKZmBRtSCTq3Ds1HLdaqtPzYgyeyf2aY7eSw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Butters Sandalwood Shaving Soap
Muhle 33K256 w/Silvertip Fibre 23mm
Merkur 37C (post-2015)
Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli) (2)
Harvard Sandalwood Aftershave

Sandalwood Saturday?

Beginning my day with an application of a pure, steam-disilled Mysore Sandalwood attar that laid the base for tonight's shave with my mate's sister's soap which is really very good and a shame she no longer makes it, followed by a splash of Harvard Sandalwood aftershave.

I'm a mellow fellow now ...

And to make up for last night's lack of a sharp piece of steel, tonight's shave came in glorious Technicolour and a theme called 'Revenge is a dish best served with a blade'

20211127_190318.jpg

The return of the king - Ikon B1
Don't you, forget about me - Dorco Prime
The big brush is back - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Soapy bits - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
Over here - Krokos aftershave splash

After an utter failure last night this was a perfect chance for the Ikon B1 to shine. This time I chose to actually place a blade between the two plates in the hope it might do something. The blade being a Dorco Prime which seems to be winning my heart of recent. For every good reason.

Krokos meets the big Cashmere and a certain wonderful bit of lathering. No let down and a Godly lather. By golly this Krokos really is that good.

Pleased to say the B1 worked wonders with the Prime. It kind of took away that fearsome edge other blades can add to an already viscious bastard of a razor yet remained very efficient. Yes these Dorco's are pretty damn fine bits of sharp steel and beautifully smooth. A sure fire winner and happy bunnyism all round.

Even Mrs Satanfriendly commented on how fine the splash smelt and I have to agree. Certainly in the 'different' bracket.

End results enough to make happy bunny in to a smiling happy bunny. Damn good show chaps, damn good.

But we can't have my SOTD ending on such a foul song so let's go the way of tradition. Enjoy (more than the previous)

Notice the opening drum line is not that different?

Razor = Rex Ambassador ( 2 )
Blade = Dorco Platinum ( 2 )
Brush = The We Whisky Barrel 26mm High Mountain Badger
Soap = Blackship Thomas Tew
Splash = TOBS Eton College Collection
Balm = Nivea Skin Energy
99BBAB0E-F719-4504-9475-CD47F7795309.jpegDecent enough shave tonight but only the 2 passes.
Especially using the Rex as i feel it’s to much for me at times and really i shouldn’t be using it when i’m shaving daily.
The Soap was a first for me and a nice citrusy scent.
Over all the shave was decent enough with no weepers but as time goes on i keep using excuses not to use the Rex
Time will tell i guess.
i might keep it a year or so before being hasty.
Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Lads & Lassies

Back
Top Bottom