Semogue brushes

Ids

Where can you buy these in the uk? I've been looking on the interest but with no joy, I'm just interested in what these would set me back as it's Christmas soon, well it must be the cards shops in Lincoln where full of Christmas cards :eek:

Get the 830. IMHO it's a fantastic brush. Plenty of backbone and really soft tips once it's been broken in a bit. Good for either bowl or face lathering, with creams or soaps. Still probably my favourite brush, just edging out the New Forest 2201. I really can't recommend it enough.

thats the one i reckon im going with, think i may be a boar convert my 404 i rate much higher than my EJ BBB now I just need to sell the 2 razors in the BST to fund it!.

Thanks

Ids said:
The 1305 is the other one that has caught my attention

Love my 1305. It seems to have gone all soft and floppy :shock: having lost most of the backbone it had after a few months. This is rather good though as it's a really nice way to face lather. It doesn't hold oodles of lather but is certainly enough for a two pass shave with touch-ups. Sadly mine has come from the production where the quality of handle was rather dubious. I am assured that the quality is up to scratch now.

simmo3801 said:
Well there's a bit of an uneven line round the top of my handle under the metal ring.

I guess it comes down to whether or not you want a wooden or resin handle.

Yep, but mine's all chipped and a bit knackered. I'll have to take a picture for SOTD. Quite enjoying my foray in to the world of photography. Hold on a minute, I'll do it now.

Bought a Semogue 830. really quite impressed with the quality; acrylic handle is nice and hefty, the knot seems well proportioned and of good quality. Overall, it feels like a nicer brush than my <£10 Omegas, and sort of similar, though more squat and chubby, than my 31064. Only minus is price; at 22 Euroes it IS still reasonable for a good quality brush, but it is also still a boar brush, and for the price of a Semogue and an Omega you could have a small Simpson or Rooney in best. Just something to ponder as re. value.

Pig Cat said:
Ids said:
The 1305 is the other one that has caught my attention

Love my 1305. It seems to have gone all soft and floppy :shock: having lost most of the backbone it had after a few months. This is rather good though as it's a really nice way to face lather. It doesn't hold oodles of lather but is certainly enough for a two pass shave with touch-ups. Sadly mine has come from the production where the quality of handle was rather dubious. I am assured that the quality is up to scratch now.

The 1305 seemed to be quite a popular brush when I joined TSR last year. Apart from PC, does anyone else still use theirs regularly? I've always fancied one of these, which is why I'm asking. Ta.

Back
Top Bottom