Saturday 5th December to Friday 11th December 2020.

A very appropriate SOTD for this evening and themed, 'Bottoms up chaps'

IMG_20201206_162711.jpg

Rock bottom - Stainless Colonial General
Bottom shelf - Feather Super Professional
Front bottom - Steve Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Bottom end - Murdock's Avalon
Bottom cream - L'Occitane Cade aftershave

A collection of bottoms to bring a smile to one's face. And so they did. Dare I say? Baby bottom smooth.

Well, nearly

Should have used the 'Rimmer Trimmer'

Have a jolly nice week ahead all you forum folk and may all your families be safe and well

And to sing out the weekend I give you some of those wonderful Otoboke Beaver girls

Sunday AM 2020-12-06
Microwave Oven Day
jntwKy5.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ivory Finest (24/58)
Acqua di Parma Colonia shaving soap (vintage)
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2 Copper
Schick Plus Platinum (8)
Acqua di Parma Colonia aftershave
BD7em5T.jpg

Sunday 6th December

Soap - Ach Brito Mogno
Brush - Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor - King C Gillette
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post - Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL

I bought the King C Gillette razor out of curiosity and used it for the first time today.
First impressions were that it's quite weighty and appears to be quite well made.
The head, as mentioned by others, looks to be very similar to that of a DE89/R89.
With only a little over 36 hours growth I face lathered with Ach Brito Mogno soap - (this is without a doubt one of the best soaps I have used, at ANY price point.)
First pass down, and I could tell the Gillette razor hadn't removed as much stubble as my regular, (much more expensive) razors.
The second pass, WTG was completed in perfect comfort, leaving more touch ups required than I am used to.
The end result was very good just about all over BBS - almost on par with razors I use in (sporadic) rotation.
All in all, the King C Gillette is worth the £13.33 I paid for it, and at full price £20 is still a fair deal.

Sunday 6th December

Soap - Ach Brito Mogno
Brush - Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor - King C Gillette
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Post - Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL

I bought the King C Gillette razor out of curiosity and used it for the first time today.
First impressions were that it's quite weighty and appears to be quite well made.
The head, as mentioned by others, looks to be very similar to that of a DE89/R89.
With only a little over 36 hours growth I face lathered with Ach Brito Mogno soap - (this is without a doubt one of the best soaps I have used, at ANY price point.)
First pass down, and I could tell the Gillette razor hadn't removed as much stubble as my regular, (much more expensive) razors.
The second pass, WTG was completed in perfect comfort, leaving more touch ups required than I am used to.
The end result was very good just about all over BBS - almost on par with razors I use in (sporadic) rotation.
All in all, the King C Gillette is worth the £13.33 I paid for it, and at full price £20 is still a fair deal.
High praise for the Ach Brito Paul , that good ?

SOTD: Sunday 6 Dec
IMG_20201206_203405_568.jpg
▫️MWF “The Fat”
▫️Wolfman WR1 DC/Darwin
▫️Gillette 'Red' Stainless
▫️Whipped Dog 30mm boar brush
▫️Art of Shaving - Aftershave Balm

Great shave today using Mitchell's Wool Fat, a true gem of a soap, and an absolute timeless classic.
The Art of Shaving Olibanum + Pepper is truly a wonderful and unique scent comprised of Frankincense & Black Pepper.

Sotd-06-12-20.jpg

Today -

The laptop is vibrating.....

'I'm rolling thunder, pouring rain
I'm coming on like a hurricane
My lightning's flashing across the sky
You're only young, but you're gonna die
I won't take no prisoners, won't spare no lives
Nobody's putting up a fight
I got my bell, I'm gonna take you to hell
I'm gonna get ya, Satan get ya'

prep - facial scrub
razor - Yaqi slant
blade - Nacet (? - dead and out)
brush - Semogue 2012 LE - mixed badger and boar
soap - DR Harris Marlborough - tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - 4711
balm - Weleda
scent - Sauvage edp.

Shouldn't have pushed the blade - left my face a bit raw - nothing a spot of Weleda balm couldn't sort. Time for a razor change - I've enjoyed trying the Yaqi slant - despite being - and remaining - in abject fear of it. It has given me consistently excellent shaves - I suspect a lot of this is to do with paying proper attention - all the time - when using it - nante claret at any point. It can go live in the dangerous cage - with the Cobra, R41 and Streamline until the next time. Something milder next shave I think - the Karve or Calypso - perhaps - and relax. For me - the Harris soaps are excellent - the scents aren't the strongest but they are class performers. Have fine shaves - one and all - take care - yours - I.

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
[IMG]

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
French Pradat Brun Theirs FrameBack 6/8th
French Fitchard Pure Badger
Vitos Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Wonderful Shave with My French Pradat Brun Theirs 6/8th Frame Back.I have Nick Named it the "Magic Wand"..Its a Glorious Shaver.Need to Use it More Often..Its Hard to Find Em in this Kinda Nick..Ooh La La..
:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
[IMG]

Billy..
:chores016:

Mon 7th SOTD
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor GEM Clog Pruf
Blade GEM Stainless 3rd use
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic
TGS Abysso
Re-use yesterday's dried-up lather. Able to revive into a beautifully thick, creamy, and slick lather...awesome!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very smooth and comfortable. Able to do 3 multiple passes for a between bbs to dfs result but at the expense of 2 weepers. Excellent shave including post & aftershaves. Rating 9.5/10
20201207_121336.jpg

High praise for the Ach Brito Paul , that good ?

Hi Russ

Yes, the soap really is 'all that'

Scent wise, it's described as woody and aquatic, which seems like a contradiction but it smells really nice - a truly masculine scent.
Performance is faultless. It's able to handle a fair amount of water. It's easy to lather too.
Cushion, protection, glide, residual slickness and post shave feel are all in abundance.
You'll have seen that it comes as a bar, intended for use like a shave stick, and used that way it's easy to use, but I like it that much that I grated and pressed it in to the ceramic dish.
For under £5 it's my best bargain buy of the year by a country mile.

Hi Russ

Yes, the soap really is 'all that'

Scent wise, it's described as woody and aquatic, which seems like a contradiction but it smells really nice - a truly masculine scent.
Performance is faultless. It's able to handle a fair amount of water. It's easy to lather too.
Cushion, protection, glide, residual slickness and post shave feel are all in abundance.
You'll have seen that it comes as a bar, intended for use like a shave stick, and used that way it's easy to use, but I like it that much that I grated and pressed it in to the ceramic dish.
For under £5 it's my best bargain buy of the year by a country mile.
Thank you Paul

Back
Top Bottom