Saturday 5th December to Friday 11th December 2020.

IMG_0397.JPG
B&M Waves
Alpha Revolver
ATT H2
1980s Wilkinson Sword Blade
A&E Serum

Really good performance from this soap, I'm not fussy when it comes to lathers but even I have to admit this stuff is on another level. Very soft, almost a cream but relatively little product is required so it doesn't matter. Informed by a WCS tutorial video on Youtube I found loading for half my usual time and adding twice the usual water created a killer lather which was very enjoyable indeed. Scent wise, this is based on a Gillette aftershave from the 90s, to me it smells very similar to Drakkar Noir, it's OK but to be honest had I been able to sniff it prior to buying I wouldn't have chosen it... It reminds me of being 15, which was the worst time in my life lol. For people without the negative scent association I imagine it would be fairly enjoyable.

Monday AM 2020-12-07
National Letter Writing Day
PzTJIk7.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Porcelain Finest (26/59)
Ethos Grooming Lavender Supreme soft shaving soap
Haircut & Shave P076-SB 17-4/Triad Aristocrat Black
Schick Plus Platinum (9)
Ethos Grooming Lavender Supreme splash

Another great shave. The brush was perfect for the soap, making thick, rich, fragrant lather. This was my first use of the H&S 17-4, which gave me excellent auditory feedback just like the titanium version but a bit smoother, almost as smooth as the Paradigm 17-4, providing a very easy 3-pass BBS shave. The razor head mated perfectly with the Triad handle. My only wish is that Frank made a lavender EdP or EdT to go with the splash.
JynbysE.jpg

Tue 8th SOTD
Soap Rasozero Agrumella
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM Stainless 4th
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Nice lather from the soap. The scent was mild but the quality was thick, creamy, and slick.
Shave with this GEM paired with the blade was so much more comfortable compare to my other GEMs. Very smooth too. Especially for under the nose. 3 multiple passes for a bbs to DFS result at the expense of 1 weeper. Satisfying post & aftershaves. Rating today 9.5/10
A very beautiful & enjoyable vintage razor!!
20201208_104403.jpg

SOTD : 8th December 2020.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Wilko Men's shave Oil.

Brush : Omega S10065.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Lather : The body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream.

Blade: Mers ~ Super Shave X Platinum. (3)

Razor: Parker ~ 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint Lavender, +eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne./ Morrisons ~Intensive moisture lotion.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

The Maca Root cream provided me with a superb slick protective lather, people have a love/hate opinion on it's scent, which doesn't get top marks which i agree but it's residual slickness protection ,shaving performance, & post shave feel are all superb. One of my favourite shaving creams.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable /near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Morrisons ~Intensive moisture lotion.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Pre - Shower / Face wash
Cream - Sweyn Forkbeard Vanilla and Tobacco Leaf
Brush - Razorock Bruce
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Gillette wilkinson (3)
Post - Kouros AS followed with Moisturiser

A nice two and half pass shave. Nice clean and fresh for all the visitors I'm not allowed on my Birthday.

View attachment 61854
Happy Birthday!! Many happy returns and stay safe...

Yaqi Katana / ASP
MÜHLE Stylo 31H75
Antica Barberia Mondial Talc
MÜHLE Aloe Vera & mastiha water spray mix
Castle Forbes 1445 after shave balm
Armani Code Absolu EdP

The Katana proves milder than what I had originally anticipated - which to me is great news.
Very good shaver, sweeter yet slightly more aggressive than an Edwin Jagger DE89.

In the absence of an SOTD photo...

Back
Top Bottom