Saturday 31st October to Friday 6th November 2020.

This particular shave brought with it the theme 'Palmolive Fox'

View attachment 60774

Palmolive washing up liquid - Occam's Enoch
Palmolive antibacterial hand wash - Titan Mild
Palmolive Milk and Honey Germ Fighting Hand wash - Yaqi Dandelion
Palmolive (not) shaving cream - ADP Barberia
Palmolive Kids Hand Wash - Goutal Eau D'Hadrien

I have decided to dedicate this shave to @Palmolive fox because of his recent events and because if it wasn't for Mr. Palmolive the fox I would never have dreamt up the idea of themed shaves. When I first appeared here on TSR (much to the dismay of many) I had no idea what an SOTD was, but whatever it perpetrated to be I was exceptionally impressed that a certain member (Mr Fox) managed to make it all edible with his shaving menu. It sounded very much out of the books of my father who expresses cooking ingredients as being 'materials' which makes culinary activities comparable to building brick walls. For a while I thought SOTD stood for Shave On The Dish and that I'd signed up to a cooking forum. Soon clicked on to this one. As a consequence I decided I would write up my shaves in a thematic manner as creating my own shaving menus would be plagiarism and the concept of plagues in these days is rather unethical. Mr Washing-up-liquid-canidae I salute you. Or in this case, quite a few I's.
Aside

A very welcome back to the fold with the Enoch as it seems I have been giving his bigger brother 'The Commander' more hair-time recently. In comparison this is definitely a non-wrist straining antidote and so easy to happily throw around without danger of tendonitis. And what a little belter it is. Originally found it to be quite an angry little bugger with a Super Pro blade, but the Titan manages to calm its aggressive stance down and make everything come in to shaving focus. This is a blindingly brilliant SE razor. It remains a difficult sod to load with a blade, but the more I use, the easier it becomes and the more finger tips remain in place. A super duper performance though and a truly close result.

I can't leave 'Team Lather' out of the frame and a superb showing from the Dandelion and the ADP. The ADP I would still happily place up near the Champions League places in the league of top shaving soaps. It is a crying shame ADP left this one behind, but thankfully I still have a full jar in my wife's the drawers. The Dandelion? Cheap and more than cheerful.

So one superbly smashing shave with the kind of results which will have my good lady wanting to give me a gentle nibble

Mmmmmmm. Oh yes please.

I couldn't think of anyone more appropriate on this day than those Steampunk vixens 'Fate Gear'

A Happy Halloween everyone

View attachment 60787

My 'Trumpkin'
Thank you for the mention and been a source of inspiration. Not that you need it your 'Trumpkin' pumpkin is pure genius. :love:
If you don't already have a seafaring name i've got a one for you Satan salty 'Trumpkin Pumpkin carver of the river Mersey.!

Your postings are always fantastic to view & read it's like reading a Robert Rankin novel who is a great favourite of mine.
Check out 'The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse' you'll love it..Pure genius.

Yours-Barry.(y)

Thank you for the mention and been a source of inspiration. Not that you need it your 'Trumpkin' pumpkin is pure genius. :love:
If you don't already have a seafaring name i've got a one for you Satan salty 'Trumpkin Pumpkin carver of the river Mersey.!

Your postings are always fantastic to view & read it's like reading a Robert Rankin novel who is a great favourite of mine.
Check out 'The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse' you'll love it..Pure genius.

Yours-Barry.(y)

Do I know Robert Rankin?

The Brentford Chainstore Masacre?
The Antipope?
East of Ealing?

Who else could produce a trilogy consisting of five books? An absolute genius and a drinking man's Douglas Adams. A favourite author of mine.

And yes, you are the source of all my drivel, but I enjoy it and indeed in a Robert Rankin kind of way.

Be well Barry. And in fact be well everyone. Because if I never said it before...... I love you all

Sun 1st SOTD
Soap Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Game Changer.84-P SB
Blade Kai 1st (replaced by 7 O'clock SS 5th)
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman GentsGin
Excellent lather from this soap. Creamy, slick and very nice scent.
Shave with razor paired with the supposedly Kai blade (2 blade sampler so no name nor logo) was not good at all. Started pulling and tugging almost immediately wtg. Replaced with a used 7 O'clock SS and the shave went very smoothly & comfortably for 3+1 passes.
Bbs to dfs result. Excellent post & aftershave. Rating 9/10
20201031_174840.jpg
20201101_103105.jpg

SOTD : 1st November 2020.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush: Unbranded Chinese Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap: Chinese Cologne Soap.

Blade: Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon Pack. (2)

Razor: Merkur 34c.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Duru ~ Turkish
Mandalina-mandarin Cologne.

Aloe Vera Gel.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

I was curious to try the Indian GWS blade in a less aggressive razor paired together with the Merkur 34c was a comfortable duo, which to be honest i wasn't sure if it would have worked but it did feeling comfortably smooth and efficient with each pass.

Another very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy you Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:

View attachment 60793

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Face Lather.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Duru ~ Turkish

Aloe Vera Gel.

I was curious to try the Indian GWS blade in a less aggressive razor paired together with the Merkur 34c was a comfortable duo, which to be honest i wasn't sure if it would have worked but it did feeling comfortably smooth and efficient with each pass.

Another very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

And then I realised it is a 'shaving recipe' not a menu. Do I take any notice of the world? Sometimes

Duh!

Sunday, 1 November 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Futur (3, 2, 1.5)
Blade Astra Platinum (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 89

It was a good way to start a Sunday morning; enjoy the rest of the weekend, folks.

View attachment 60793

Pre:

Face Lather.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Thank you for this post - SOTD is always full of interesting product ideas. What do you think of the Turkish cologne? I've got the same Aloe Vera gel (bought having seen it in one of your previous posts) but I find it makes my face a bit shiny: do you find that or do you have a way to mattify?

Thank you for this post - SOTD is always full of interesting product ideas. What do you think of the Turkish cologne? I've got the same Aloe Vera gel (bought having seen it in one of your previous posts) but I find it makes my face a bit shiny: do you find that or do you have a way to mattify?
The Aloe Vera gel can and does make my face shine sometimes...It takes 10 minutes or so for it to obsorb into my mature skin..Turkish colognes are good for me, however my skin type can tolerate the high alcohol within them...As always YMMV.

Last edited:
SOTD Happy Halloween Phoenix Artesian Accoutrements Mostroso shave today with the Smart Helix Apollo mild plate and Nacet blade, you git to live the artwork on this, takes me back to the black and white movies with Boris Karloff playing the monster. As usual with PAA soaps it whips up into a rich lather giving plenty of cushion for the Apollo to glide on. The scent is very strong and heavy with this splash, quite floral and very green. Used my 2 band green handle today and it was a great shave after a days work.20201031_164936.jpg

1 November 2020 - what already? – Sunday morning.

Following on from my last experience with a Feather blade had another go, this time using Muehle R89, carefully avoiding the area of the cut. A very good three pass shave, some irritation but otherwise quite smooth. Stopped myself trying to eliminate the last few whiskers to avoid any last minute mishaps. Maybe the combination of R89 and Stirling soap helps.

Prep: Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: Muehle R89
Blade: Feather Stainless
Soap: Stirling Coconut & Lime
After: Cold Water splash – Ajanta Alum – Stirling Coconut & Lime ASB

01/11/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: SBB 26mm Silvertip - Blue Resin
Soap: Maca Root Superlather
Razor: Focus R28
Blade: 1/2 Rapira super steel
Post shave: Cold water splash, L'oreal Ice Impact
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Old Spice Original
2. Sun.JPG

My maiden shave with the Slim R28, 1st impressions, its a very forgiving, mild but efficient razor, i think it can take a better/sharper blade so it has been loaded with a Personna Med prep, a favourite of mine for its next outing.
A fantastic face lather with a face full of @Steven_Jagger Blue resin 26mm Silvertip badger and the "Superlather", lots of slick cushioning protection.
2 Passes, WTG then a Mixed XTG/ATG pass with some touch up on the "devils whirlpools" leaving me BBS and smiling ear to ear.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Sunday‌ ‌11.01.20 ‌SOTD‌
Vjl1d9K.jpg

Pre de Provence Verbena lather/rinse
Edwin Jagger DE89.RR HD Handle
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Frank Shaving 24mm Silvertip Badger
Pre de Provence shave soap
Pre de Provence Sante Green Tea

Back
Top Bottom