Saturday 31st October to Friday 6th November 2020.

Sat 31st October

RR S/S 400.SE-Plissoft noir
Officina Artigiana
ER 1914-12 t
Gem S/S ( 3 )
Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

I perhaps do not use the 1914 enough,as I tend to favour the 1924 and Streamline.However, it really is a delight to use despite its quirky looks, and today the Shave was very good with a satisfyingly close finish.

IMG_1151.jpg

2020-10-31-b.jpg

Saturday's Shave

• Pre: Argan Oil Soap
  • Brush: Shave 24mm Synbad
  • Razor: Ribbon 1000 Japanese Straight Razor (2/2)
  • Soap: Signature Soap Danum
  • Splash: Skin Bracer
  • Balm: Bart's Unscented
  • Scent: CK Obsession

Danum for me is the single best patchouli soap I have tried , wonderful embracing my inner hippy.

View attachment 60778
Was going to say thank you, but better say “peace man” and hippy Halloween

This particular shave brought with it the theme 'Palmolive Fox'

IMG_20201028_230923.jpg

Palmolive washing up liquid - Occam's Enoch
Palmolive antibacterial hand wash - Titan Mild
Palmolive Milk and Honey Germ Fighting Hand wash - Yaqi Dandelion
Palmolive (not) shaving cream - ADP Barberia
Palmolive Kids Hand Wash - Goutal Eau D'Hadrien

I have decided to dedicate this shave to @Palmolive fox because of his recent events and because if it wasn't for Mr. Palmolive the fox I would never have dreamt up the idea of themed shaves. When I first appeared here on TSR (much to the dismay of many) I had no idea what an SOTD was, but whatever it perpetrated to be I was exceptionally impressed that a certain member (Mr Fox) managed to make it all edible with his shaving menu. It sounded very much out of the books of my father who expresses cooking ingredients as being 'materials' which makes culinary activities comparable to building brick walls. For a while I thought SOTD stood for Shave On The Dish and that I'd signed up to a cooking forum. Soon clicked on to this one. As a consequence I decided I would write up my shaves in a thematic manner as creating my own shaving menus would be plagiarism and the concept of plagues in these days is rather unethical. Mr Washing-up-liquid-canidae I salute you. Or in this case, quite a few I's.
Aside

A very welcome back to the fold with the Enoch as it seems I have been giving his bigger brother 'The Commander' more hair-time recently. In comparison this is definitely a non-wrist straining antidote and so easy to happily throw around without danger of tendonitis. And what a little belter it is. Originally found it to be quite an angry little bugger with a Super Pro blade, but the Titan manages to calm its aggressive stance down and make everything come in to shaving focus. This is a blindingly brilliant SE razor. It remains a difficult sod to load with a blade, but the more I use, the easier it becomes and the more finger tips remain in place. A super duper performance though and a truly close result.

I can't leave 'Team Lather' out of the frame and a superb showing from the Dandelion and the ADP. The ADP I would still happily place up near the Champions League places in the league of top shaving soaps. It is a crying shame ADP left this one behind, but thankfully I still have a full jar in my wife's the drawers. The Dandelion? Cheap and more than cheerful.

So one superbly smashing shave with the kind of results which will have my good lady wanting to give me a gentle nibble

Mmmmmmm. Oh yes please.

I couldn't think of anyone more appropriate on this day than those Steampunk vixens 'Fate Gear'

A Happy Halloween everyone

IMG_20201030_201549.jpg

My 'Trumpkin'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom