Saturday 21th November to Friday 27th November 2020.

It is of course the graveyard at St Mary's Church by Whitby Abbey. The same as used as a setting in the novel
If that is Whitby Abbey - where are the goths? :) . I've been there - you couldn't wield a stake without hitting one. They probably would have liked that. Definitely the most compelling sequence in Dracula - as the ship runs aground - the dead captain lashed to the mast - the black dog leaps ashore. The boat was called the 'Demeter' - which is quite a clever classical reference. Also the Synod of Whitby - 7th century - one of the most important events in British history - most people have never heard of - Abbess Hilda coming down on the side of Roman and not Irish Christianity - the two churches fell out about haircuts - I'm not making this up - and - most importantly - how to calculate the date of Easter. Horrifically complex - trying to shift from a lunar calendar - because it derives from Passover - to a solar based one. Which you can't actually do - hence Easter - remains the only 'movable feast' in the Christian year. You end up with an equation - even Einstein would have gone - 'ooft.' Sorry @Satanfriendly - nothing to do with shaving - but you mentioned it in response to the post by @Scotshave - have you heard the thrash version of 'Jolene?' - you have sullied my life - but in a good way. :cool:. I.

where are the goths?

What? Nocturnal dwellers in the daylight? Pubs and chippies, where else?

the dead captain lashed to the mast

And the same should apply to the living ones as well :unsure:

Sorry @Satanfriendly - nothing to do with shaving - but you mentioned it in response to the post by @Scotshave - have you heard the thrash version of 'Jolene?' - you have sullied my life

Of course and another death metal country and western classic. I am happy to have opened your life to the world of shit music. My pleasure

Thu 26 On the Road SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Game Changer.84-P SB
Blade Personna Lab Blue/Meds Prep 1st Use
Aftershaves
Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + MacaRoot Aloe Gel
Clubman GentsGin
Fantastic lather from the cream. Creamy and slick with a wonderful scent.
Shave with razor paired with this new blade was terrific!! Wow..! Not sure whether it's lab blue or med prep...but ohh soooo smooth, comfortable and sharp for 3+1passes for a mostly bbs to dfs result. Razor/blade combo feels so good that I overshaved and saw some creepers. Excellent aftershaves. Rating 9.5/10
20201125_160842.jpg
20201126_073237.jpg

If that is Whitby Abbey - where are the goths? :) . I've been there - you couldn't wield a stake without hitting one. They probably would have liked that. Definitely the most compelling sequence in Dracula - as the ship runs aground - the dead captain lashed to the mast - the black dog leaps ashore. The boat was called the 'Demeter' - which is quite a clever classical reference. Also the Synod of Whitby - 7th century - one of the most important events in British history - most people have never heard of - Abbess Hilda coming down on the side of Roman and not Irish Christianity - the two churches fell out about haircuts - I'm not making this up - and - most importantly - how to calculate the date of Easter. Horrifically complex - trying to shift from a lunar calendar - because it derives from Passover - to a solar based one. Which you can't actually do - hence Easter - remains the only 'movable feast' in the Christian year. You end up with an equation - even Einstein would have gone - 'ooft.' Sorry @Satanfriendly - nothing to do with shaving - but you mentioned it in response to the post by @Scotshave - have you heard the thrash version of 'Jolene?' - you have sullied my life - but in a good way. :cool:. I.
Good fish and chips there but not in the “ famous” overrated cafe!

IMG_20201125_213101.jpg
Merkur Mergress
Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Zenith Manchurian
Declaration Grooming Nightman
Myrsol Emulsion

Outstanding shave on all fronts!

First outing of the Mergress and it shaved like a dream. I kept the settings low, 2.5 for the first two passed and 2 for the third with only a couple of touch-ups needed.
It was my first time using the Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade. This was a bit of a risk using an unknown blade in a new razor but it turned out to be a great match.
It's the third time using the Nightman soap and I got it dialed in nicely now. I really do love the scent.

One of the best shaves I've had in a long time.

Laters
Rob

SOTD : 26th November 2020.

12.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush : Semogue 1438.

Face Lather.

Soap : Williams Mug Shaving soap.

Blade: Euromax Platinum half blade. (4)

Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint Lavender, + eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Williams ~ Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish Version)/Boots ~ Freshwood ASB.

Greetings,

Throughout the week the yaqi katana razor & Euromax Platinum half blade have really impressed me with their efficient smoothness...Once i get more accustomed with the katana i intend to try it with a Supershave X 'snapped in half blade', but for now i'm happy using the Euromax Platinum half blades which i find a very smooth non-aggressive yet a good efficient match for the katana.

The williams mug shaving soap i find performs a adequately once it's been bloomed for a few minutes, then lather up for a minute with my damp boar brush creating a slick protective lather for the shave, which leaving a superb post shave feel to my face...The original 'tallow based' recipe must of been extremely good.

I totally understand why some people have love/hate opinions on williams it does take a while a little more effort and time to create a good lather but once you get passed the airy/bubbly stage your rewarded with a wonderful slick protective lather that doesn't dissipate or dry out on your skin. Like most budget shaving soaps it doesn't get top marks for it's scent which to my nose is a 'clean scent with no 'bells and whistles' but makes up multitude for it's slickness protection, and post shave feel are the main things i look for in any soap or shaving cream.

The scent of a shaving soap isn't a important issue for me slickness protection, and post shave feel are ok, you don't want it to smell like a 'warm horse' granted, i find once i have done my cold rinse the scent of a soap or cream scent is virtually disappeared... As always, YMMV.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Lol, I haven't @Digimonkey , but it does sound like an interesting cross-over. I agree about the arresting scene in Dracula. The graveyard also reminded of the scene in Chapter Eight where Lucy and Mina are sitting on the East Cliff and D is close by: ‘His red eyes again! They are just the same.' Shuddersome.

Lol, I haven't @Digimonkey , but it does sound like an interesting cross-over. I agree about the arresting scene in Dracula. The graveyard also reminded of the scene in Chapter Eight where Lucy and Mina are sitting on the East Cliff and D is close by: ‘His red eyes again! They are just the same.' Shuddersome.
As you know - glowing red eyes are a big thing in the book - at the start when Jonathan Harker is in a coach - travelling to see the Count - they stop - he gets out - not a good idea - surrounded by wolves - with big red eyes - otherwise silent. You would have thought - you are an idiot - run away - no good will come of this - but no. Go back home - desist immediately. Transylvania - I only worked the meaning out recently - thanks to there being a shop across the road - run by Transylvanians - it means - the land beyond the trees. Makes sense - when you pick the word apart. So - Dracula - truly wonderful and terrifying in places - the bit where Harker - sees him crawling down the wall outside the window. In addition - trying to stop this being the most off topic post ever - Dracula is speaking to Harker as he is shaving in a mirror - but he can't see him behind him. A remarkably modern book - very much in the same vein as Mary Shelley - check it out. I promise to do better in my next post. I'll need to shave. - I.

@Scotshave

Thur 26th November

RR Syn 22mm
Officina Artigiana
TNNSER 3D
Gem S/S ( 5 )
Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

Only those who have one will appreciate just how good this little 3D offering is. Though extremely light I have no problems Shaving with it, and do not feel tempted to use too much pressure. The Shave today was very comfortable, and I had no problems getting what can only be called a “Face Stroker “.

AAB2BCCA-354A-4AA1-BEA5-A7F1A89B594B.jpeg

My alphabetical OSP journey has been put on hiatus, as I've just received a new printed GEM 3d razor, which I need to trial with a fresh blade and different soaps.
The OSP journey will resume shortly.

Thursday 26th November
Jayaruh 289 - Palmolive - Triceratops 3d by Roger Quintero - GEM SSC #1 - Williams Aqua Velva A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
zddkQ4h.jpg

Blown away by this razor which actually cost me less than £8 delivered. Just had the most excellent 3 pass shave. The shallow shaving angle is very intuitive and brings the best out of my favourite blade.
Kudos to Roger for his ingenious simple design.

26/11/20
1481487299622.jpg
Pre: Shower
Brush: @Steven_Jagger 26mm Silvertip - Cocobolo
Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington
Razor: Blackland Sabre L1
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (1)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 48 (6) Thurs.JPG
Super close, super comfortable.