Saturday 21th November to Friday 27th November 2020.

Date:- 21 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mystic Water ~ Brown Windsor
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Rubie #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

[IMG]

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
NOS Mark 32 C.V Heljestrand Full Hollow 6/8th (Freshly Honed)
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Le Pere Lucien Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Shave with My Recently Required NOS Mark 32 C.V Heljestrand 6/8th..I Got this Razor for a Surprisingly Good Price as they are Fetching a Bit these Days.I Finished it on an Escher Thuringian..A Top Tier Shaver that Maneuvered Around Like a Porsche.My Face is as Polished as a Pair of Guardsman Drill Boots..Really Pleased with it & its a Keeper for Sure..
:)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
:kar:

Billy..
:chores016:

SOTD : 21st November 2020.

9.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush: Semogue 830.

Face Lather.

Soap : Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.

Blade: Euromax Platinum half blade. (1)

Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./P&G ~ Old Spice Classic ASL./Nivea Men ~ Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.

Maiden shave with the Katana SE razor a early christmas present to myself of which i will be using with all my SOTDs for the next two weeks to get myself aquainted to shaving with it.

The maiden shave verdict?...Let me briefly start by saying the half DE blade wasn't that difficult to load with a few more practices it shouldn't be a problem for me...The Euromax Platinum half blades i find isn't an aggressive blade,but is a good suitable matched with the assertive katana making a smooth efficient duo...As with any razor i shave with either aggressive or non-aggressive i treated the Katana with the respect it rightly deserved.

The razor has a good blade feel which didn't give me any reason for concern, and i found my shaving angle easily after 5-7 seconds on the first pass feeling comfortable shaving with each pass. What i like about the Katana is the audio feedback which tells me it's cutting through my stubble and i've found the right shaving angle...The efficiency of this razor i like very much i was very near BBS smooth after the second pass but carried on just for the sheer pleasure of the shave & to use up the remaining lather left in my brush.

I can't compare the katana with my vintage SE razors as it has a completely different feel & design...All in all, for a maiden shave it felt comfortable throughout the full shave mowing through my stubble effortlessly.

It's only my maiden shave with the Katana, but i feel it's going become a regular firm favourite in my razor rotation.

A enjoyable comfortable 3 pass + pick ups very near BBS maiden shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

That is an interesting observation - you used a 'half blade' - as opposed to a blade 'snapped in half' - that might make the difference - I found the latter a total pig to get aligned properly. Either way - worth the effort - yours - I.
The half blade did made it easier and less challenging with the alignment of the blade...I'll have to try using a 'snapped in half' blade...A great shave.
Regards. B

Sat 21st SOTD Testing Viking Sword Blade Shave #1
Soap
Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Game Changer.84-P SB
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Super good lather from the soap! Creamy, slick and very nice scent!
Wow...shave with the razor paired with this blade was outstanding! From the 1st stroke onwards...so smooth....hardly feel the blade but can feel sharp knife through butter sensation...without being uncomfortable.
My trouble areas...upper lips and neck, was so smoothly & comfortably shaved especially atg. 3+1passes for a mostly bbs to dfs result. Excellent post & aftershaves. Rating 9.8/10
Initial impression for the blade is outstanding!
20201121_131544.jpg

Parker 90R, ASP + x2 shims
MÜHLE 31H75
Antica Barberia Mondial Talc
Face spray of MÜHLE Aloe Vera aftershave blended 1:1 with mastiha water
YSL
Kouros after shave lotion splash

Very nice early am shave, 72hrs stubble.
Tried the Parker with two shims as last time the shave was too effective.
Can't say I saw that much of a difference, to be honest, however 7hrs later the post-shave feeling is better compared to last time.

Had a 23m long motor yacht inspection this am, engine problem, always nice to be close to the sea... (even in winter time)

21 November

D R Harris Arlington
MÜHLE Silvertip Fibre
Rex Ambassador (2)
Feather Hi-stainless
Proraso white asb
Chanel Bleu edt

48ABED87-F2BA-4F21-AD0F-C211638389F5.jpeg

This morning I had an excellent shave with the Rex giving it's usual smooth result. Two comfortable and efficient passes and I was done. A bit of Bleu as a finishing touch, and we're into the weekend. Sunshine!

Back
Top Bottom