Saturday 21th November to Friday 27th November 2020.

As an alter ego to my last 'ever get the feeling you've been cheated?' SOTD this shave was themed 'To cut a short story long'

IMG_20201125_185456.jpg

An implement designed for the purpose of removing facial stubble (and other unwanted hair if so required) - Occams Enoch
A sharp piece of stainless steel for use with the aforementioned tool - Titan mild
A turned piece of wood with a knot of synthetic fibres glued in to the top - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Lemongrass, Mandarin, Tangerine. Cardamom, Black Pepper, Neroli, Lavender. Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Musk, Moss, Patchouli, Amber. Stick in some soapy ingredients and voila - Penhaligon's Bayolea shaving soap
Same again but stick in some splashy type stuff and again, voila - Penhaligon's Bayolea aftershave splash

Once described as a person who goes to his local corner shop via Glasgow, I do rather believe if you can say it in a sentence then say it in a paragraph. Or even a novel. I felt the other day as if I'd cheated not only myself but all of you who read, SOTD, Satanfriendly, and skip to the next, or even wait several hours to wait for the next posting just to avoid my illiterate torturous drivel. Death by straight razor

Dig in to the back of the shaving soap drawers and mmmmm. Was ist das? It is a lovely wooden bowl of Penhaligon's Bayolea shaving soap which doesn't seem to have seen the light of day for some months now. It's a Goth shaving soap thing. Go on someone. Go through all my SOTD's (if you have several spare days) and prove me wrong. Which I probably am. Anyhow, what a good place to start a shave, with a well founded and trusted soap. At least it is to me. And my oh my am I glad I dug a bit further than usual. But as someone told me as an apprentice, 'you have reached rock bottom and continued to dig', so yeh, I don't mind a bit of extra digging. Give it the 30mm cashmere and what a mountain of real quality lather. This brush just makes such short work of everything and quite the polar opposite of me.

Great start and on to the middle bit

First impressions of the Enoch were not very complimentary as I found it an aggressive little bugger to say the least. However a very kind offer for some Titan mild's and from a little bugger to a little charming razor it went. In fact it has made its way towards being a top SE. Authoritive and confidence inspiring it simply produces stunning results with expediency and perfect delivery. From stubbly to smooth in no time at all. Stroke ones face (and Boycie's while at it) and a big grin appears. And a charmingly smooth grin at that. Non of this takes away the fact that loading a blade remains an exercise in involuntary amputation.

Cold wash, a tickle of witch hazel, a splash of the beautifully scented Bayolea splash and from a charming grin to a feline from Cheshire. This is good.

When I said to Mrs Satanfriendly 'I am over with this facial stubble crap' she mistakenly heard me as 'cover your face in bubble wrap'

Have a great weekend ahead everyone and may you all and your families be safe and happy.

Have some Japanese ladies

ladies? You may ask. Anyone recognise the lead vocalist Bae Doona? A favourite actress of Park Chan-wook (Oscar winning director of 'Parasite') and a well received actress for her roles in films such as 'Jupiter Ascending' and 'The Host'. Amazingly she was 26 when she made the film 'Linda Linda Linda' from where this song was taken. A cover song originally performed by the Japanese punk band 'The Blue Hearts' and okay, she happens to be South Korean as well.

As an alter ego to my last 'ever get the feeling you've been cheated?' SOTD this shave was themed 'To cut a short story long'

View attachment 61508

An implement designed for the purpose of removing facial stubble (and other unwanted hair if so required) - Occams Enoch
A sharp piece of stainless steel for use with the aforementioned tool - Titan mild
A turned piece of wood with a knot of synthetic fibres glued in to the top - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Lemongrass, Mandarin, Tangerine. Cardamom, Black Pepper, Neroli, Lavender. Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Musk, Moss, Patchouli, Amber. Stick in some soapy ingredients and voila - Penhaligon's Bayolea shaving soap
Same again but stick in some splashy type stuff and again, voila - Penhaligon's Bayolea aftershave splash

Once described as a person who goes to his local corner shop via Glasgow, I do rather believe if you can say it in a sentence then say it in a paragraph. Or even a novel. I felt the other day as if I'd cheated not only myself but all of you who read, SOTD, Satanfriendly, and skip to the next, or even wait several hours to wait for the next posting just to avoid my illiterate torturous drivel. Death by straight razor

Dig in to the back of the shaving soap drawers and mmmmm. Was ist das? It is a lovely wooden bowl of Penhaligon's Bayolea shaving soap which doesn't seem to have seen the light of day for some months now. It's a Goth shaving soap thing. Go on someone. Go through all my SOTD's (if you have several spare days) and prove me wrong. Which I probably am. Anyhow, what a good place to start a shave, with a well founded and trusted soap. At least it is to me. And my oh my am I glad I dug a bit further than usual. But as someone told me as an apprentice, 'you have reached rock bottom and continued to dig', so yeh, I don't mind a bit of extra digging. Give it the 30mm cashmere and what a mountain of real quality lather. This brush just makes such short work of everything and quite the polar opposite of me.

Great start and on to the middle bit

First impressions of the Enoch were not very complimentary as I found it an aggressive little bugger to say the least. However a very kind offer for some Titan mild's and from a little bugger to a little charming razor it went. In fact it has made its way towards being a top SE. Authoritive and confidence inspiring it simply produces stunning results with expediency and perfect delivery. From stubbly to smooth in no time at all. Stroke ones face (and Boycie's while at it) and a big grin appears. And a charmingly smooth grin at that. Non of this takes away the fact that loading a blade remains an exercise in involuntary amputation.

Cold wash, a tickle of witch hazel, a splash of the beautifully scented Bayolea splash and from a charming grin to a feline from Cheshire. This is good.

When I said to Mrs Satanfriendly 'I am over with this facial stubble crap' she mistakenly heard me as 'cover your face in bubble wrap'

Have a great weekend ahead everyone and may you all and your families be safe and happy.

Have some Japanese ladies

ladies? You may ask. Anyone recognise the lead vocalist Bae Doona? A favourite actress of Park Chan-wook (Oscar winning director of 'Parasite') and a well received actress for her roles in films such as 'Jupiter Ascending' and 'The Host'. Amazingly she was 26 when she made the film 'Linda Linda Linda' from where this song was taken. A cover song originally performed by the Japanese punk band 'The Blue Hearts' and okay, she happens to be South Korean as well.
Do you have an aluminium Hawk V2 in your zen AC SE collection? If not, brand new bargain one available here ;) :

27 November

Meißner Tremonia Dark Limes
Semogue SOC
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-stainless
Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine

53EA4163-69C3-4BCA-AE2E-1D3595ACA40E.jpeg

Just as I plunged my new Semogue blond boar into the black Dark Limes soap, I realised this might not be a good choice. Fortunately, my worst fears where not realised, as you can see from the above picture, the brush was unscathed. I decided, as I was loading the brush, to bowl lather this morning. This is a rare event, but it worked out well. The new boar provided enough lather for two passes, just. The shave was a good one, two days of growth removed in the first pass, leaving just a bit of tidying up for the second pass. A smooth result with the AS-D1 again.

27/11/20
1481487299622.jpg
Pre: Shower
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap: Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor: Schick B1 Repeating Razor 1927-32
Blade: Personna Injector (10)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 48 (7) Fri.JPG
I enjoyed this weeks vintage shave so much i decided to repeat it, well it is a repeater.
2 Passes for a DFS result, during the shave the blade had gone off so did not try any buffing, i did not want to chance a nick.
A nice post shave with the Barts Lime and 4711, for me a very nice combination.
Good news yesterday as the mothership was released from hospital beating the Covid, she is back in her own home with a more robust care package in place. She seems well, even though she is still sore from the fractured ribs. What a fighter.boxing.gif
Also a bit better news on my sister who has also got through this horrible virus, she also has a fractured rib and the docs have put it down to the coughing fits, she said she feels well although getting tired/breathless easily.
All in all good news.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
27/11/20
View attachment 61516
View attachment 61517
I enjoyed this weeks vintage shave so much i decided to repeat it, well it is a repeater.
2 Passes for a DFS result, during the shave the blade had gone off so did not try any buffing, i did not want to chance a nick.
Good news yesterday as the mothership was released from hospital beating the Covid, she is back in her own home with a more robust care package in place. She seems well even, though she is still sore from the fractured ribs. What a fighter.View attachment 61518
Also a bit better news on my sister who has also got through this horrible virus, she also has a fractured rib and the docs have put it down to the coughing fits, she said she feels well although getting tired/breathless easily.
All in all good news.
Great news Tony. Wishing them both a speedy recovery

27/11/20
View attachment 61516
View attachment 61517
Good news yesterday as the mothership was released from hospital beating the Covid, she is back in her own home with a more robust care package in place. She seems well, even though she is still sore from the fractured ribs. What a fighter.View attachment 61518
All in all good news.
Great news about your family Tony. Sending all my best wishes.

27/11/20
View attachment 61516
View attachment 61517
Good news yesterday as the mothership was released from hospital beating the Covid, she is back in her own home with a more robust care package in place. She seems well, even though she is still sore from the fractured ribs. What a fighter.View attachment 61518
All in all good news.

Good news all round, Tony

Best wishes extended to your mum and sister for a happy and healthy Christmas and new year

Friday AM 2020-11-27
National Pie in the Face Day
xDOrS5z.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ivory Finest (26/55)
Martin de Candre shaving soap
Wolfman WR2-SB/WRH3
Polsilver Super Iridium (11)
Armani Acqua di Giò aftershave
UaQjC32.jpg

Back
Top Bottom