Saturday 21th November to Friday 27th November 2020.

Thursday AM 2020-11-26
Thanksgiving
KixVyv2.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
Ethos Grooming Dragonsbeard V2 soft shaving soap
LASSC BBS-1
Polsilver Super Iridium (10)
Ethos Grooming Dragonsbeard V2 aftershave
Ethos Grooming Dragonsbeard V2 EdP

A great shave, truly wonderful.
dxV1FTz.jpg

Thursday 26th Novemeber

Wash with Ach Brito Glyce
Lather up with Mitchell's Woolfat Shaving Soap & Yaqi Dandelion w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Two pass shave (3 days) with 1970s Gillette Tech & Lord Platinum Class (3)
Hot rinse, cold rinse & alum wash
Pinaud Clubman Gentleman's Gin aftershave splash and pat on head​

With a chance to try my favourite soap, MWF after shaving with Hampshire Wool Fat for the last three or four shaves, my initial thoughts are confirmed! Hampshire Wool Fat is indeed and excellent soap - glossy with a great glide and that lanolin post-shave feel; MWF indeed thicker and with a stronger post-shave lanolin feel. Both great, and the Hampshire soap right up there.

I've enjoyed a go with the Lord Platinum blade - I've a Chrome and Super Stainless type to carry on with and will probably roll into a run of Sharks of the same types for comparison. To be frank, while I have used a Shark Platinum and know there's a strong chance that it's the self-same blade as the Lord Platinum Class, it did kinda feel different and put me a lot in mind of blades like PolSilver. Maybe it's because it's seethingly sharp? Hard to make clear comparisons off just the one blade and some time after using the Shark Platinum, so I'll put that thought on hold and see how I feel after another blade or two ...

Enjoyed!

Good evening all, I hope you're all well.
Brush- ES Medium Jock
Soap- P&B Spitfire
Razor- Gillette Fatboy (3) (2)
Blade- Gillette Nacet #3
Post- Spitfire Balm
Splash- Spiftire

Very pleased with tonight's outcome. I do have a tendency to rush sometimes but I really took my time this evening and it's paid off.

Stay safe everyone.

Regards

Garry

Last edited:
Today's shave
Gillette slim set to No 4 but made a tactical retreat to No3
Wilkinson sword Blade
Saponifico Varesino Mirto Di Sardegna Face Lathered
Simpsons Trafalgar T3 Synthetic Brush

Results BSS WTG

First outing with the Simpsons Brush and the soap. The Soap is wonderful, Mrs J loves the sent of it, so much so she was perving at the open bathroom door! sniffing the air and admiring the rich lather with a “you get that all the time?” ”yes darling I don't use caned goo”:whistle:

Now that brush is a very densely populated knot, my test to visually investigate is to flick the tips of the bristles, all of my other Synthetic brushes have a wobble like a wave when flicked, but the Simpsons don't even flinch, it's going “your going to have to a lot fuckig better than that pal! “ For the price it's got backbone! but will need some house training.

PS-Proraso
Soap-Block of something from a shop in Milan unlabeled.
Brush-Proraso
Blade-Super Shave X*
Razor-Eclipse*
AS-Givenchy

* Thanks Paul L
* This razor works well considering its 60+ years and liked the modern blade.

Shave nearly ruined by unannounced arrival of my sister in law. Luckily she cant cross running water so couldnt get across the ford up the lane.

Fri 27 Last SOTD @Unesco Heritage Site
Soap
Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Personna Lab Blue/Med Prep 2nd
Aftershaves
Thayers Mix + Hyaluronic
Clubman Brandy Spice
Last day at UNESCO heritage site. Thought to show the famous landmarks from the Portuguese built fort and Dutch built Church which is part of the Stadthuys building.
Beautiful lather from the soap. Creamily thick and slick with super nice scent and cooling sensation.
Excellent razor paired with this blade gives a super smooth and comfortable shave. What a nice blade! Enjoyable 3+1 passes without issues for a mostly bbs result. Excellent aftershaves especially with Brandy Spice! Loving the Karve with D plate! Rating 10/10!
A'Famosa - built by the Portuguese back in 1512
20201126_201110.jpg
Christ Church - built by the Dutch back in 1753 beside the Stadthuys
20201127_075046.jpg

Date:- 27 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mystic Water ~ Jeff's Lavender
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'SB-B' / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow SE #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Thursday 26th November

Soap - Ach Brito Mogno
Brush - Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor - Rockwell 6C R4
Blade - Gillette Wilkinson Sword (1)
Post - Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla ASL

I finally found the will power and laid the Bronze Timeless away, and used the 6C with the new to me Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade.
First impression of these blades is good - plenty sharp, but not as smooth on first use as Gillette Silver Blue or Platinum.
Being a stainless blade, they're quite rigid, which makes for more audible feedback - which isn't a bad thing.
Good blades for not a lot of money - £7.99 for 110 from EBay

Back
Top Bottom