Saturday 14th November to Friday 20th November 2020.

SOTD 19 November 2020

Pre-shave: Cold water splash.
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougere.
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fiber.
Razor: Blackland Tradere - OC.
Blade: Astra SP (Green) (Day 3).
Post: Cold water splash - Clairns Blue Orchid Face Oil, followed by Musgo Real No.4 Lavender Cologne .

IMG_1766.jpg

A very enjoyable shave this morning; I thought about simple, classic sents - decided I wanted to finish off with the Musgo Lavender and after some thought decided to start off with MDC :)

A DFS+ finish with no issues to report, after 2 passes: WTG and XTG - If time allowed, I would have went for a second XTG pass. No roughness/tugging with the Astra SP, but on feeling my face there was a tad more stubble post shave - making me think that the blade has lost somr of its cutting edge. Anyway, no complaints; another very smooth and comfortable shave with the Blackland Tradere.

The Blue Orchid face oil is lovely - feels dare I say, luxurious, and a great scent - like a beauty spa in a bottle. A good splash of Musgo Lavender to finish off.

My thoughts on today's shave - very enjoyable, not just in the execution, but in giving some prior thought to what I wanted from the shave, in terms of clean scents, from the software.

Hoping everyone had a great day.

All the best,

Chris

Last edited:
QFzfxRh.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Stirling Deep Blue Sea
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (11)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Cella Aftershave Splash
Scent: TOBS Eton College

What a beautifully scented soap - a delightful fresh blend of citrus and gentle woods, with a bit of spice. It is a dupe of Bleu de Chanel, which makes me want to buy the original.
The vintage Gillette Platinum Royal blade is still sharp and smooth, but I'll likely soon replace it for the sake of change/variety.
A refreshing 3 pass shave with a BBS result.

Date:- 20 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mystic Water ~ Brown Windsor
Razor/Blade:- Razorock Mission / Gillette Rubie #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Fri 20th On the Road SOTD
Cream Saponificio Bignoli Black Berry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor RR G37 Slant
Blades Wilkinson Sword 1st (China) replaced by PearlMax Platinum 3rd
Aftershaves
Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Very nice lather from the cream.
Shave with razor paired with this 1st time use blade (black color?) was not very good. Tuggy on 1st pass so replaced it before any weepers. 2nd blade was so much better. 3+1passes for a bbs to dfs result. Rating 9/10
Interesting black color blade.....
20201118_185406.jpg
20201120_075312.jpg
20201119_180725.jpg

20/11/20
1481487299622.jpg
Pre: Shower
Brush: Razorock 400 Syn
Soap: Faena Dorica
Razor: PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade: Israeli Red (2)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Lotion & Proraso Red
Aftershave: Proraso Red
Wk 47 (8) Fri.JPG
Very nice,
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Fri 20th On the Road SOTD
Cream Saponificio Bignoli Black Berry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor RR G37 Slant
Blades Wilkinson Sword 1st (China) replaced by PearlMax Platinum 3rd
Aftershaves
Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Very nice lather from the cream.
Shave with razor paired with this 1st time use blade (black color?) was not very good. Tuggy on 1st pass so replaced it before any weepers. 2nd blade was so much better. 3+1passes for a bbs to dfs result. Rating 9/10
Interesting black color blade.....
View attachment 61303
View attachment 61304
View attachment 61305

Ah, this is a very rare and seldom seen blade. I think it's a new MIC blade, possibly made at the same factory as the infamous Flying Eagle blade. I think I read a review of it at the B&B taken from a Russian website, which called it the very worst blade they had ever tried.

I think the blade is Carbon Steel btw.

I think it could be of interest to @Bogeyman

Back
Top Bottom