Saturday 14th November to Friday 20th November 2020.

SOTD : 19th November 2020.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush : Semogue 1305.

Face Lather.

Soap : Lea Shave Stick.

Blade: Trig ~ Silver Edge. (4) (Green cover)

Razor: Weishi 2.0 Adj.~ (Settings) 5-wtg,6-xtg,7-atg+pick ups.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint Lavender, + eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./proraso eucalyptus & menthol ASL./Tesco ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

I started having cold water shaves since April this year, which have been an invigorating tonic for my mature skin and a good wake up call for my face sensors.

Last outing of the Trig Silver edge blade which has performed wonderfully with each shave throughout the week showing no signs of dulling.

The Lea shave stick lathered up wonderfully on my face with the Semogue 1305 building up a slick protective lather adequate enough for the full shave...'This week i have re-discovered my love for my humble boar brushes again'.

The Proraso eucalyptus & menthol aftershave i haven't used for a while which is a favourite of mine it's scent to my nose smells nothing like the soap... YMMV I only wish the fragrance of this outstanding aftershave lotion had more lingering power....However, the post shave feel makes up for the lack of it's wonderful sadly quickly fading away fragrance.

Opposite to the Ming Shi 2000s in my previous shave i find the higher setting are more suited to my skin type when i shave with the Weishi 2.0.adj it's shaving characteristics remind me of the parker variant with less aggression.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Tesco ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Thu 19th On the Road SOTD
Soap OSP BayRum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Game Changer.84-P SB
Blade Treet Dura Sharp 1st
Aftershaves
Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Fantastic lather from the soap! Super thick, creamy and slick! What a nice bayrum scent!
Shave with razor paired with this new blade was good. Sharpish, smooth and comfortable for 3+1passes for a bbs to dfs/ccs result. Excellent aftershaves.
Rating 9.7/10
20201118_185231.jpg
20201119_170705.jpg

Date:- 19 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Lea Classic (tallow)
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 v4.0 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

My thematic shave for this outing was 'expletives'

View attachment 61245

A razor - Razorock Hawk V3
A sharp piece of steel - Feather Super Professional
A brush - Yaqi Dandelion
What soap? - Extro Arancia

f*#%@ing sh*##*&g get on with it you useless f*#%@ing clown shoes

Shirley!

Frigging. Frigging. Frigging. Frigging :unsure:

Other than the Colonial V2 this is the only ever SE I have ever bought from new. Because I am a cheap skate. And for an all stainless SE the Hawk V3 is cheap. Goes a long way to prove a point. Previous outings had me a little underwhelmed as in reality I should have bought the 'nasty' plate version as this one is all a tad gentile. So to up the 'collateral damage scale' in goes the Super Professional.

Brush up, lather up and away we f*#%@ing go.

Now this is more effing like it. Smooth, efficient and doing a damn fine job. This is what I expect from an SE and all in double quick time. A few small weepers but rather more an expectation with a new AC blade. Three full passes to a f*#%@ing stonker of a shave and so smooth both me and @Boycie83 decided to have a joint face stroking session. :love:

That was my fucking SOTD for this evening and I leave you with some Japanese girls who know how to throw a few expletives in to their songs. Even though something is lost in translation as to the context it is used in. But hey, this lot always look as if they are enjoying whatever it is they are doing.

Hi Paul,
You ought to go for the OC Plate. Just had Two consecutive Shaves with my V3-OC, really good, and made up for a poor one with an ageing blade.
Hope things are good on both sides of The Pennines- Mike

Thur 19th November

Muhle Silvertip , A-21mm
Monsavon au Lait
RR S/S Hawk V3-OC
Feather Proguard [ 2 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion.

My previous misgivings about this Razor have been dispelled by yesterdays and todays Shave. After a very poor Shave with a Kai CT Mild/Pink [ 7 ], I replaced it with a Feather Proguard yesterday. Ensuring that I did not rush, I had a vey pleasant Shave with great results , and followed it up today and again got a trouble free Top Notch finish. In future if the first couple of strokes are not quite right I shall probably ditch the blade.

IMG_1180.jpg

19/11/20
1481487299622.jpg
Pre: Shower
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Faena Dorica
Razor: IBC "Cerakote" Shavette
Blade: Kai Captain Pink (10)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Old Spice Original
Wk 47 (5) Thurs.JPG
10 shaves in with this Kai Pink, yes, they are only 2 pass shaves but that is good going.
Today a 2 pass shave routine with some touch up - spot on.
As i was reminded that the razor takes Half blades and Injector blades (Brian @culcreuch(y):cool:) i removed the Kai and fitted a half blade for its next outing. Very easy, the blade sits to the front of the razor head and is held securely, the snapped bend on the blade sits in 2 depressions in the pivot head, a well thought out design and the handle inner will not be scratched when closing it up.
Expecting some good news about the Mothership today, she has surprised us all, what a battler.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Back
Top Bottom