Saturday 13th November to Friday 19th of November of 2021.

13/11/21
Poppy smaller.jpg
Pre - Shower, Cold water Face rinse
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Faux Tortoise
Soap - 1912 Irish Fern
Razor - AutoStrop 7 O'Clock
Blade - Modified GEM (6)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green

Wk 46 (1).JPG
I had been looking for a 7O'Clock for a while now, i did see one a year or 2 ago but i thought was overly priced so left it, not realising they are as rare as hens teeth, low and behold one popped up when i was looking for some info on google, still a bit pricey so i put in an offer which was declined, i left it, however it kept coming down in price, eventually lower than the offer i had put in, i had just bought the X1 so put in another cheeky offer which was accepted. It turned up yesterdaywoo.gif
I spent some time yesterday freeing up & oiling the stiff locking knob, then a good cleaning and polishing, i am very happy with the result, the case will need some TLC when i get a chance and i may replace the leather strop "plate" inside the lid.
Therefore, this morning i swapped out a modified blade from one of my VC1's to give this vintage lady a run out.
A wonderful creamy face lather today and away i went.
The razor is quite vocal shaving on the SB, lifting the handle just a touch and it did quieten down a little on the WTG pass, It seems very mild but was doing its job well, very Valet-esque, The XTG pass was similar and trying to keep the angle took some concentration, moving to the ATG pass and the audio feedback crescendo - wonderful!
After a rinse and check i had to do a little buffing on the throat and left cheek, i am putting this down to a learning curve.
A dollop of the quickly diminishing Barts Balm and a splash of the Bowling Green giving some indication which calmed quickly.
I am so happy i have this razor in the Den.
All In All one very happy shaver with a massive smile on my face.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Saturday AM 2021-11-13
National Sandwich Day (birthday of John Montagu, who claimed to have invented the sandwich, 1718)
Yx13ycT.jpg

Rooney Emillion 2 Tiger Stripe Finest (24/53)
Penhaligon's Castile shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/Triad Aristocrat Brass & Stainless Steel
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (4)
Floid Blue aftershave

The Floid Blue worked well following the Castile lather; both seem to have a powdery barbershop tone. And the blade is unusually smooth, almost like a P74.
bDSvYDu.jpg

Saturday the 13th November:

Razor - Gillette 1950s Ball End Tech
Blade - Polsilver SI (1)
Brush - Omega 1006
Soap - Hampshire Wool Fat No2 - Lavender and Tea Tree
Post - Proraso Red balm​

I'm increasingly impressed with the Hampshire Wool Fat soap. Cheap as chips and performs impeccably. Lovely and slick. Leaving the skin feeling moisturised. I would happily recommend this soap to any one who is OK with lanolin based products. Think I will buy one the HWF hampers of soaps :whistle:

2A69EE37-8B60-447C-BF59-01419F6C843C.jpeg

SOTD: 13/11/2021

Razor: Supply Razor The Single Edge 2.0
Blade: Personna Injector Blades, 1st use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Shadow Orchid Puck
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A lovey first shave back home with another new toy the Supply v2 2 dot plate. A lovely smooth shave and the Stirling seems to improve the more my lathering does. A great shave but I found the grip a little uncomfortable so will work with it a bit to see if I live with it or not.
Enjoy the weekend guys!

Saturday 13th November

AM-JKLXUCVpfQC0I9k1K5UOwXek3JVc9RIIpq3E5YiDVLYiQQahdQJPW5hPp1aSGWgDtN5iQ60TYYxX_lXCa7AHz-Ode5ToITVXlsV6uTMmBKDqJB-DhH5ephDB3_Toc9JDyuW9-dDpx_MxergYzr1_oBwtYGA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
BeeClean Sheep Milk & Honey Shaving Soap w/Peppermint & Borage Oil
RazoRock 400 Butterscotch w/Plissoft Noir 24mm
MARS Razor w/Number 5 Plate
Treet Classic (1) SE
Clubman Special Edition Aftershave Cologne

Back to the MARS razor and once again centering myself with the number 5 plate for a new blade ...

I'm clearly getting better at loading these blades, or the razor is somehow settling in and nipping up right as there was much less chatter than certainly the first go with the 5 and while the second go was less so, tonight less so again. The Treet Classic is a carbon blade where I tend to find the effect is in the regrowth rather than any discernable quality of the actual shave. I'll know more in the next 12 to 24 hours.

My strategy today is to try this blade again tomorrow with the 7 plate. I've already enjoyed 3 & 5 with one blade and 4 & 6 with another. Stepping up with a smoothed in carbon for trying 5 & 7 will be just right, I hope.

Back
Top Bottom