Saturday 10rd - Friday 16nd December 2022.

12 December

Ronson, they of cigarette lighter fame, but why did they get into razors? Then make one that, whilst it is very well made, is complicated, but comes to pieces easily for cleaning but requires their own very stiff blade as it doesn’t take a standard DE blade. It has an interesting multitasking capability, viz and to wit, it shaves and strops. It’s very Art Deco 1930s and has quite a presence. It can be used today but requires the fettling of a DE blade to fit. I find the actual performance is then very acceptable. The blade can be lifted and rotated so you can utilise both edges during a shave. There’s a lot going on with this one, which makes the shaving experience quite satisfying.
Oh, the shave, thanks for asking, no drama with the pre shave soap and lather, one pass wtg, some pick up and finish for an ok shave on a day when I’m staying at home preparing for Christmas.
Have a fine evening fellas!

8E4CF3C1-C668-41E5-92D1-DF4FC454F4CC.jpeg

A lot of blade showing but the gap is quite small so its actually delivers quite a mild shave

And here it is in one piece,

FEB68442-CEF3-44BD-A815-8B5814966D08.jpeg

SOTD: 12/12/2022

Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: KAI Captain Protouch MG, 3rd use
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Cream
Balm: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Skin Food
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Easy Sunday Classical Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine
Fragrance: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Eau de Toilette

It's a Spanish Leather/Cossack Hairspray smell kind of day today. No shave yesterday as Saturdays four pass was so efficient I I didn't need to Sunday shave.

The vector is behaving nicely. I could never go ATG with DE razors. Too much burn, but can with SE.

View attachment 97401
Thanks Dave

Monday 12th December

AL9nZEWlQQ2iveiwGNo1wuF_k5YNgoJkfiu_nl-wjf4pnrNV0XriW5_EtnrNznaR3311v-hPry5Z6LKqIX-twMQiguOHpQkxl4YVvufhCRG283p5T09p_1iU65OIoryq2ijYqrN-wpemg63sMpN9eTHgOKqv6A=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
The Mighty Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap & Omega 10098 (White) 25mm Boar
Muhle Rocca Birch & Treet 7 Days Platinum (1)
Pashana Original Aftershave

Yep! I think it is safe to say that the mystery Muster Dickson blade I've been using over the last three days (which we are led to believe is from Treet) is indeed their 7 Days Platinum.

Monday 12th December

AL9nZEWlQQ2iveiwGNo1wuF_k5YNgoJkfiu_nl-wjf4pnrNV0XriW5_EtnrNznaR3311v-hPry5Z6LKqIX-twMQiguOHpQkxl4YVvufhCRG283p5T09p_1iU65OIoryq2ijYqrN-wpemg63sMpN9eTHgOKqv6A=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
The Mighty Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap & Omega 10098 (White) 25mm Boar
Muhle Rocca Birch & Treet 7 Days Platinum (1)
Pashana Original Aftershave

Yep! I think it is safe to say that the mystery Muster Dickson blade I've been using over the last three days (which we are led to believe is from Treet) is indeed their 7 Days Platinum.

The Muster Dickson mystery has now been solved! It was a Personna Crystal now it is the Treet 7 Days!

Tue 13
Soap & Aftershave Barrister & Mann Vespers
Brush Yaqi 22mm Joy Butterscotch Boar
Razor Dorko 43
A very nice lather from this soap. The scent is good and the lather is just impeccably creamy and slick.
The shave with this razor today was amazingly one of my best...hardly feel the edge at all...meaning it is so smoothly soft...wow! Perhaps due to some careful stroping on the Kanayama? 3 silky passes for a bbs-ccs finish!
20221213_100522.jpg

SOTD: 13th December 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl.
Blade: Gillette Winner Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Parker 24C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Benjamin's mentholated bay rum. / Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

The Parker 24C/ Gillette paired together wonderfully making a superb combo mowing through my stubble with effortless ease.

The Parker 24C like most parker razors has a good heft to it, but is well balanced and feels good in my hand.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable BBS shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom