Saturday 10rd - Friday 16nd December 2022.

'On the 11rd day of Christmas my true love sent to me', was the theme for last night's shave as chosen by 'the board for choosing things'

20221212_195541.jpg

Super razor - Muhle R89
Super blade - Super Max (India)
Super brush - some Emporium Yaqi or other
Super soap - Signature Soaps Londinium
Super splash - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos

'Time to get off this SOTD before it's too late'

A few old friends and a couple of new chaps worthy of a friendship.

I do admit to being a bit of a 'stuck in the shaving soap' bloke when it comes to the world of razor blades, but sooner or later my shaving world will become a lost Lodz and so looking at alternatives. Enter the Super Max. Kindly sent to me by @Digimonkey and informed 'you will like these'. Well I am blown away. What a wonderfully smooth slither of stainless steel it turned out to be and a lovely match made by the sink with the R89. The R89 because my skin felt slightly lively in this colder weather. As it was though a most bodacious of three pass shaves. A big thumbs up to Mr Max and his brilliant blades.

The brush being another 'welcome to my fold' item and bought from the Emporium. I have no idea what it is called (Brian?) or what the knot is (Mr Knot?), but I will say what a damn fine brush it is. Spot on for face lathering and it certainly likes to be given a damn good mashing. I still don't understand brushes fully, but whatever it is I don't understand this brush ticks all those boxes where I do understand.

Bang it all together using the 'tried, tested and trusted' Londinium. Throw some steel around and voila, one fucking excellent shave.

From Super Max to Super Girl. Time to leave you with the usual and on this occasion some Shonen Knife with.......

SOTD: 13/12/2022

Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: KAI Captain Protouch MG, 4th use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Cella Cream Da Barba Croap
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus Aftershave
Balm: Harry's Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Old School Rockabilly Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

Tis the season to shave with red stuff.
fa-la-la-la-la......
.......fa-a-la-la.

585723FB-DE12-4408-A05D-53E87C62C1A1.jpeg

Tuesday 13th December
InjecTR v1 3D - Schick Plus Platinum #2 - Hampshire Wool Fat No1 - Yaqi Robin - Boots Freshwood AS - Aloe Vera Gel
KXsO6Yk.jpg

13/12/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Tuxedo Knot
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - Blutt BR-1 - 0.86
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
Wk 50 (4).JPG
I am really enjoying the Kai Blades lately. Spot on that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom