Saturday 10rd - Friday 16nd December 2022.

FE15175D-95A7-4E5C-8E69-323F787C6649.jpeg
SOTD: 12/12/2022

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Le Mafioso Puck
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male Eau de Toilette

Thought I’d try the HC&C mini puck of Le Mafioso today. Just like the unscented the base is a star latherer and the scent an excellent reproduction of my favourite JPG Le Male which smelt good despite my man flu blocked nose. It’s another straight winner for me.
Enjoy your day guys.

Monday December 12, 2022
Razor: German Meehan Travel Razor
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Trotter Vein Quartz/Badger
Soap: Signature Soaps Hibernia
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Ethos Fresh Lime
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,498
jN04QEX.jpg

Mon 12th December

Cyril Salter. MS ED2band
Vitos Super Red
ER “ Streamline “
Gem S/S ( 1 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

After a poor Shave with this Razor which I put down to a dud blade, I just had to use it again. With a fresh blade this was what I expected from a “ Streamline “, a Top Notch finish without any fuss . This confirms why it is my No1 Vintage SE.

8199D3E7-D34F-4CFA-BC96-12583BB6155A.jpeg

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S – #3
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
Brush: Zenith EURO/RX
Soap: Oleo: Smoke on the Water
Fragrance: Ombre Nomade by Louis Vuitton

It's been a while since I last used this soap.. and it didn't take long to figure out why. There is something in it that gives me a slight unpleasant burning sensation. Still, there's bound to be something that doesn't agree with you at some point, eh?

12/12/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Zenith 506 Copper 28mm
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Blackland Brassbird
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
Wk 50 (3).JPG
Another smooth comfortable BBS shave this morning. A great lather from "the Fat" with the faux horsey Zenith.
A nice post shave including an extra Argan oil rub to help combat the weather, sadly the 40ml Vintage 4711 is now finished, i may run with the newer version for a while before i open another vintage bottle.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Monday

I got my Rocket HD 500 out and there was a Minora tuck in the case with a few blades, so, in one went and off I went.

3 passes with a DFS finish as a result. Couldn't be bothered to get the pick ups as I needed to get into a meeting.

Mudder Focker is nice, but not that long in the scent lasting. Still, nice while it did.

Have a good day all you Mudder Fockers out there!

Attachments

• IMG_20221212_091647__01.jpg
    IMG_20221212_091647__01.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 5
IMG_2359.jpg

It’s been a while since my last shaving post, but today I felt the need to pop my most recent shave up.

As it’s absolutely freezing, I dug out my shaving scuttle to build up and have beautifully warm lather during the shave. It really does make a difference when the bathroom is barely into double figures C! I used Mitchells’s Wool Fat, and the scuttle gave me another opportunity to whip up a soft, creamy and warm lather. Bliss.

Going old school with a scuttle, meant I felt like using the Gillette Fatboy. I started off at 5 for the first pass, up to 6 for the second and down to 3 for the neck. The results are excellent and as usual with the Mitchell’s the post shave face feel is superb.

Stay warm people!

Razor: Gillette Fatboy 1959 - E2
Blade: Feather (3)
Soap: Mitchells’s Wool Fat
Brush: Simpson’s The Duke 3 BB
Pre-shave: Bloom water
Post-shave: None
Bowl: Scuttle

And with the theme, 'The 12 days of Christmas' I present you with last night's belated SOTD.

20221211_173731.jpg

Nine razors shaving - Tatara Nodachi dark
Eight blades a cutting - Polsilver Lodz
Seven brushes brushing- Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Six Soaps a soaping - Floris Elite
Five scents a scenting - Floris Santal

'Look at all these nice people Zuzu. Now sod off you you bunch of pillocks'

On the 12rd day of Christmas my true love sent to me. Jack shit, because she's a tight arsed bint.

And on with the shave......

That Nodachi dark. Shaves exactly the same as the standard, except it's dark, in fact very dark. A sterling three pass shave to an immaculate finish. One or two weepers, but more from earlier shaving misadventures than my usual self imposed stupidity. A top dog.

Monster brush, monster soap, monster lather. Nuffield said

Altogether a very happy bunny. Have some other happy bunnies....oh, them again....

12/12/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Yaqi 20mm Cashmere
Soap - Tabac Stick
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Gillette Minora Stainless (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Chat d'Or Boxter

My first time using this small little Yaqi Cashmere. It's the smallest brush I own, but it's still able to hold 3 passes worth of lather.
A excellent smooth and comfortable shave with the Minora Stainless in the Old Type.

IMG_20221212_171126.jpg

Back
Top Bottom