Saturday 10rd - Friday 16nd December 2022.

Sunday 11th December

AL9nZEWAD7gPus65ViqL82-XOfX6gJAQ-a9XQDdnQCx2hrZDZtq5vtPprd5iO3MNQbvhAC-yxQFT7PuSo9XDVf5RouCOANZrj2fYYj5fmhuwupMYw0R2SRlnn2C0pevpX3BoAYreHQ8YOLa-iVMEjmDzy0DEYg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Erasmic (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Coronet (Vintage) w/Blonde Boar 20mm
Muhle Rocca Gold & Muster Dikson Super Quality Stainless (3)
Pinaud Citrus Musk

Absolutely delightful trio of shaves with the Muster Dikson < seriously, a top-tier blade, that.

Lovely, too, a couple of lathers with these vintage Coronet stubbies that I reknotted with generic (cheapo) Chinese boar knots that I bought a box of a few years ago.

Vintage SotD

Vintage SIR 4711 - Shaving Soap.
Vintage Rubberset - Shaving Brush.
Vintage Otto Backhaus 504 Slant - Safety Razor.
Vintage SIR 4711 - After Shave.
Vintage SIR 4711 - Powder
Vintage SIR 4711 - Deo

-

44851285ha.jpg

44851286zf.jpg

44851287rb.jpg

44851288as.jpg
Lovely vintage brush! Need to find myself a rubberset, love the look of them especially the aluminium ones.
Off topic but I felt awfully old today when approached by someone in the street who addressed me by..."Sir!"

1670816329058.png

Began with a hot towel while brush and razor were soaking in hot water. After the towel, I applied Old School #2 and began making my lather. Although the soap has a different type of scent, the lather is wonderful. On a personal note, it seems that the younger the person is, the more they like the scent. The scent was inspired by the French Poet Charles Baudelaire, a true artist from the mid 1800's. Anyway, with lather applied, I began the first of two passes. With the grain and against the grain, blade glide plus sed between passes. I received the bbs shave I was expecting from this razor/blade combination (The "AS D2/Feather" combo works best when used as a daily shaver). Fllowing the razor was a hot and cold towel in that order. Alum stone was applied with some light stinging in the neck area. Aftershave splash applied followed by aftershave balm. A complete cleaning of all equipment involved was performed.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Feather AS D2
Blade: Feather New Hi Stainless
Brush: Vikings Blade Dark Stallion
Pre-Shave: Old School Cool #2
Lather: Barrister and Mann Baudelaire
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Baudelaire
Additional Care:
Barrister and Mann Baudelaire Aftershave Blam
Cold Face Cloth
Hot towel
Jatai Blade Glide Plus
Osma bloc Alum Stone https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/6396a140ea7b8c79278d85c4

SOTD: 12/12/2022

Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: KAI Captain Protouch MG, 3rd use
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar
Bowl: Face Lather
Soap: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Cream
Balm: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Skin Food
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Easy Sunday Classical Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Devine
Fragrance: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Eau de Toilette

It's a Spanish Leather/Cossack Hairspray smell kind of day today. No shave yesterday as Saturdays four pass was so efficient I I didn't need to Sunday shave.

The vector is behaving nicely. I could never go ATG with DE razors. Too much burn, but can with SE.

4B5CEFD1-3EB0-4664-963C-506FFC00F3A7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom