Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin
Soap: Signature Soap Danum
Razor: Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #1
Edge by: Andrew @Shavers Delight
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC

View attachment 62941
I love this signature soap, it seems, anything with Patchouli in it i enjoy, plus the lather is fantastic.
After yesterdays close comfortable shave, today only required 1 WTG/ATG Mix pass and a little touch up here and there for a DFS+ finish.
I really like the edge on this razor, so smooth. FWIW, i can recommend Andrews Str8 Razors.
My little bottle of 4711 is done, a quick check on the splash shelf tells me i have another 4 to go at plus a bottle of the modern version.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Thank you, it's kind of you. I'm hoping to add a patchouli blend to the range soon. Just got the cosmetic assessment approval for aftershave splashes with only essential oils fragrances. Will be bottling and labelling up next week!

Thursday AM 2021-01-07
National Old Rock Day
zfKG6U8.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest (22/45)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow) + a few drops Rose Essence Oil/Hydrosol
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass/R2
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (10)
Guerlain Vétiver aftershave
PGeSlGz.jpg

Soap - Barbus
Brush - Yaqi Timberwolf
Razor - Progress (1) (2.5)
Blade - Gillette SB #1
Post - Prorasso Green
Splash - LPL Bay Rum

This soap was kindly gifted to me by a fellow forum member, Thank you Paul. It's a lovely soap, took a little bit of effort to work up but worth it with a nice thick lather. I'd describe the scent as mildly
coconuty.
So after advice, tonight I went things a different way starting with WTG dial 1 and then followed by XTG and ATG on 2.5. This has resulted in probably my closest shave yet.
Post shave I'm a little tingly around the neck but this combination has worked for me brilliantly.

Have a great rest of your evening gents and stay safe.

5209801E-B69C-4B1C-AAC0-DA065B75C380.jpeg

Soap - Barbus
Brush - Yaqi Timberwolf
Razor - Progress (1) (2.5)
Blade - Gillette SB #1
Post - Prorasso Green
Splash - LPL Bay Rum

This soap was kindly gifted to me by a fellow forum member, Thank you Paul. It's a lovely soap, took a little bit of effort to work up but worth it with a nice thick lather. I'd describe the scent as mildly
coconuty.
So after advice, tonight I went things a different way starting with WTG dial 1 and then followed by XTG and ATG on 2.5. This has resulted in probably my closest shave yet.
Post shave I'm a little tingly around the neck but this combination has worked for me brilliantly.

Have a great rest of your evening gents and stay safe.

View attachment 62957
Think I'll try this sequence of settings next time I use my adjustable.

Think I'll try this sequence of settings next time I use my adjustable.
I'm glad it's a good fit! Here's something to consider ...

I have read of folks doing the first pass on a LOWER number than the second pass, so go with 2 for the first pass and then open it up to 3 or 4 for the second pass which should be super-light touch. I think the idea is that you let the blade out to a more aggressive gap to get a closer shave on the second pass. Going down the numbers might well get a good, close shave but it might also lead to you being a bit firmer on what should be the lighter pass on now sensitive skin.

20210107_143121.jpg
SOTD Vintage Month 7th Jan

Razor- Star Model 100
Blade - Gillette Wilkinson Sword #1
Soap - A&E Socal Hipster
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Post - Lea 3in1 ASB

Awesome 3 pass shave with the Star. Very nicely balanced razor that gave a surprisingly close shave. Its better balanced and weighted than the FrankenStar that uses the EJDE89 handle. The soap is quickly becoming one of my favourites. The scent is getting even better i think, a super slick lather that lathers up quickly and easily. I wanted a middle of the road blade to give a reference for the other vintage razors I'll be using, purely for comparison purposes. Here it gave a very, very nice shave on it's first outing.
Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Awesome 3 pass shave with the Star. Very nicely balanced razor that gave a surprisingly close shave. Its better balanced and weighted than the FrankenStar that uses the EJDE89 handle. The soap is quickly becoming one of my favourites. The scent is getting even better i think, a super slick lather that lathers up quickly and easily. I wanted a middle of the road blade to give a reference for the other vintage razors I'll be using, purely for comparison purposes. Here it gave a very, very nice shave on it's first outing.
Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Good to see another Star fan! Indeed, I find the shaves always surprisingly close for a razor that has such a close blade gap and feels very mild during the shave. Very well engineered.

Back
Top Bottom