Brush: Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's
Soap: Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 Peerless, 1951
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (8)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC

View attachment 62903
I over did it with the amount of cream i put in the bowl and was rewarded with copious amounts of wonderful creamy slickness for todays shave.
3 passes for an easy comfortable BBS finish.
The Barts Lime post shave, i find, matches the 4711 really well, sadly, the little bottle of Vintage 4711 is coming to an end, thankfully i have about another 4 or 5 to go at ;).
That's the brass handle, not aluminum?

6 January

Simpson Luxury Shaving Cream
PAA Peregrino
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Personna med prep
Nivea 2 Phase asl
Penhaligon Blenheim Bouquet

View attachment 62909
A very pleasant two pass shave this morning with a cream that I haven't used for a while. It didn't disappoint producing a wonderfully rich lather with the PAA brush. The Ikon gave a good, close shave and the Penhaligon's gave a classy finish.
Pretty much a Gillette New Deluxe.

oc-cerakote.jpg

iY5cVC5.jpg

OwBaJW1.jpg

Wed 6th SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Game Changer.84-P SB
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 1st use & very good!!!
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Love the leathery scent from the soap. The lather quality was just ok.
Shave with razor paired with this famous blade was awesome!! Soooo crisply smooth and very comfortable for 3passes without any issues at all for a BBS result!! Excellent post & aftershaves. Rating today is a rare 10/10!!!
20210106_072927.jpg
Thu 7th SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Badger - very plush and luxurious face feel perfect for face lathering!
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 2nd - awesome blade indeed!
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Excellent lather from the soap. Thickly creamy and slick with an awesome above mild scent of herbs/grass.
Another great shave with this blade paired with the razor. Can feel it's crisply sharp but very smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for another BBS result!! Very good post & aftershaves.
Rating is another rare 10/10 for 2nd day in a row!!
20210107_090733.jpg

Wednesday 6th January

Cream - Cyril R Salter French VetIver
Brush - RazoRock 400
Razor(s) - DSCosmetics Z0/ Rockwell 6C R3
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post - L'oreal Birch Sap Balm

Half a pass in, and I knew the Z0 razor wasn't friendly - in fact, it's downright spiteful.
I've never used a razor that is so aggressive - even with the lightest of touches, in my view, it's unusable.
It makes an R41 feel like you forgot to load a blade.
Good luck to anyone who tries to use this razor.
A small cut on my left cheek set the alarm bell ringing, and the 6C was called in to finish the shave.

SOTD : 7th January 2021

24.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Face Lather.
Lather : Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime Shaving Bar.
Blade: Tiger Platinum. (4)
Razor: Parker 24C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ Sport Style ASL.
Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

An invigorating cold water shave to finish my shaving week off wonderfully.

The Tiger Platinum have performed really well throughout the week with no signs of dulling or tugging issues. I feel as though this blade could give another 1-2 shaves but i will retire it as 4 shaves from a blade is my normal limit. I can't see the point in pushing a blade to it's limit, blades are inexpensive why take the unnecessary risk of getting nicks & cuts just for the sake of a few extra shaves.

Third outing of the Eco Warrior shaving bar which performed wonderfully producing a slick protective lather in a short space of time...The soap has a wonderful scent, a good texture it's protective, slick and most importantly the lather doesn't dissipate or dry out on the face inbetween each pass, leaving an impressive post shave feel.

Over the Christmas period as a belated present to myself i placed a order for some Ach Brito Shaving Soap, another shaving soap bar which i will try out in future shaves.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Mission / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Thursday 7th January

Cream - ESC Lime
Brush - Simpson Colonel Best Badger
Razors - Feather Artist Club SS & Gillette Diplomat
Blades - Feather Pro Guard & Personna Platinum German
Balm - TOBS Jermyn Street

My first attempt with a straight/shavette razor, phew no blood! First two passes with the straight, wtg then xtg above the jawline, then wtg & atg below the jaw. I think it went quite well, no nicks or weepers. My cheeks & under the ears were pretty much as smooth as I'd want, but under the nose (I found quite tricky), my chin & neck weren't smooth enough so I did an atg all over pass with the Diplomat for a super smooth finish. Quite relieved & pleased!

XT030288a.jpg

07/01/21
Vintage Month - Razor #07
Pre: Shower
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin
Soap: Signature Soap Danum
Razor: Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #1
Edge by: Andrew @Shavers Delight
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC

Wk1  (6) Thurs.JPG
I love this signature soap, it seems, anything with Patchouli in it i enjoy, plus the lather is fantastic.
After yesterdays close comfortable shave, today only required 1 WTG/ATG Mix pass and a little touch up here and there for a DFS+ finish.
I really like the edge on this razor, so smooth. FWIW, i can recommend Andrews Str8 Razors.
My little bottle of 4711 is done, a quick check on the splash shelf tells me i have another 4 to go at plus a bottle of the modern version.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

7 January

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Cadman M55 Tuxedo
Parker Variant (2.5)
Gillette Silver Blue
Nivea 2 Phase asl

25883FB6-DD4C-488D-8320-DB09F98EB673.jpeg

Another very comfortable shave this morning. The Cadman brush is fabulous and produced a superb lather from the Wickham soap. The Parker Variant is an almost clone of the Merkur Progress and I like them both.

@TobyC I totally agree. The Ikon razors are all inspired from older designs, and they all shave rather well, perhaps with the exception of the aluminium tech, which I believe is a bit of an animal.

Back
Top Bottom