Brush: Vintage Vulfix service #3 1950's
Soap: Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 Peerless, 1951
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (8)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC

Wk1  (5) Wed.JPG
I over did it with the amount of cream i put in the bowl and was rewarded with copious amounts of wonderful creamy slickness for todays shave.
3 passes for an easy comfortable BBS finish.
The Barts Lime post shave, i find, matches the 4711 really well, sadly, the little bottle of Vintage 4711 is coming to an end, thankfully i have about another 4 or 5 to go at ;).

Last edited:
20210106_133932.jpg

SOTD 6th Jan
Razor - FrankenStar
Blade - Wizamet SI #2
Soap - Soap Commander Honor
Brush - Razorock Synth 24mm
Post - Bayliss & Harding Black Pepper

Long time since I shaved in work, but the freezing early morning bike ride meant a shave before was a no-no. Nice, comfortable 2 pass shave. Great scent from the soap. The razor and blade are a proven combo.
Stay safe peeps.

6 January

Simpson Luxury Shaving Cream
PAA Peregrino
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Personna med prep
Nivea 2 Phase asl
Penhaligon Blenheim Bouquet

F1A2C3AB-3132-410F-9916-DD151EEA9F90.jpeg
A very pleasant two pass shave this morning with a cream that I haven't used for a while. It didn't disappoint producing a wonderfully rich lather with the PAA brush. The Ikon gave a good, close shave and the Penhaligon's gave a classy finish.

Wednesday AM 2021-01-06
National Wheel of Fortune Day
lmCvMMN.jpg

Rooney Stubby 1 Porcelain Finest (22/45)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 shaving cream
Paradigm 17-4
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (9)
Calvin Klein Obsession aftershave
3LAL0EI.jpg

Wednesday 6th January

ACtC-3cQhsM5YV-jEKzwGYT9wJbb9yAyTlwq1u7DHiWTRzxEiM8JK4f1VSIwDEzY82wNFNn1ggHVFRC_iBz1ErCL-ZcjZPUJgLQL4cbh3ELvQPZZNm1Y8rqE408DLwSQYP_3pcBXFD4BhWBRc3O3T9Iv2XaFUw=w800

Wash with L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Face Wash
Lather up with VITOS Super Extra & Yaqi Daffodil w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Single pass shave with custom polished Muhle Rocca R96 & Tatra Platinum (1)
Hot rinse, cold rinse & Brut Original​

New acquisition ...

This custom polished Muhle Rocca is a thing to behold! I simply cannot picture how smooth and flowing the raw metal is and how glowing yellow the handle is. Shaving with it, it's a delight, but it can be prone to doing that sticking to the face thing as highly polished raw metal can, unless you keep things well lathered.

The razor started life as the R96 model, I believe, with the black handle. The previous owner who did/commissioned the polishing found that upon removal of the black coating it was what appears to be brass beneath. That is interesting that Muhle use different materials in their handles. I have read that the birch handle is made to be super-light with aluminium in the core. I wonder what the R94, the all metal appearance model, has in the middle part of the handle.

Absolutely lovely and I am very please indeed to have bagged it!

First go, for me, with one of these new generation Czech blades. It is indeed nice! I don't think I'd put it up there with, say, the Treet Platinum of Rapira Platinum Lux (two blades that I rate at a straight 10/10 and would call both "go to" blades) but it is a damn good shave and every bit as good as many middle/top tier stainless blades, although not quite up there with, say, the Silver Star Super Stainless or PermaSharp Super which both feel like classy platinums despite being mere stainless.

It has been a while since I used original Brut. I really should use it more often ...

In all, champion!

Soap - Signature Soaps Britania
Brush - ExS Medium Jock
Razor - Progress (2) (1)
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow #4
Post - Barts Peppermint Oil
Splash - Floids Mental and Vigorous

Very happy with my first shave with the Progress. An expected first class lather from the soap and then a very cautious first pass. Took it nice and easy on dial 2 on the first and then dial 1 on the second pass and 24 hours of growth removed easily.

Stay safe everyone

Very happy with my first shave with the Progress. An expected first class lather from the soap and then a very cautious first pass. Took it nice and easy on dial 2 on the first and then dial 1 on the second pass and 24 hours of growth removed easily.

I'm glad it's a good fit! Here's something to consider ...

I have read of folks doing the first pass on a LOWER number than the second pass, so go with 2 for the first pass and then open it up to 3 or 4 for the second pass which should be super-light touch. I think the idea is that you let the blade out to a more aggressive gap to get a closer shave on the second pass. Going down the numbers might well get a good, close shave but it might also lead to you being a bit firmer on what should be the lighter pass on now sensitive skin.

I'm glad it's a good fit! Here's something to consider ...

I have read of folks doing the first pass on a LOWER number than the second pass, so go with 2 for the first pass and then open it up to 3 or 4 for the second pass which should be super-light touch. I think the idea is that you let the blade out to a more aggressive gap to get a closer shave on the second pass. Going down the numbers might well get a good, close shave but it might also lead to you being a bit firmer on what should be the lighter pass on now sensitive skin.
Interesting, thanks Paul. I'll give that a try.

Back
Top Bottom