S.O.T.D. Saturday 28th November to Friday 4th December 2015

a3715b6bea34842197c398a63c534eb0.jpg

First shave with the Leresche #77 after having had it lying around on a shelf for months begging to be cleaned.

Now, the Leresche #77 is one of 'those razors' that are rumored to be one of the best designed razors out there and fetch a rather high price when they come up for sale.
I got mine for a very fair price but I think my expectations were set pretty high this morning..
I didn't shave yesterday so had a fair bit of stubble to be taken care of.

Very first impressions during the first pass (WTG): Milder than I thought it would be. Handle is too short [for me].
A couple of minutes later: Man, this thing is mild but VERY efficient. Love the feel of the head. I do wish the handle was longer.

Second pass: There was none... After my first pass I felt my face...and I felt it again..I was perfectly clean shaven. Not even any stubble under my chin which is my normal problem area.

Can this razor really be this efficient and if so why in the world wasn't this head design replicated?
I will use it again this week to see if today was just a fluke/anomaly or if there actually is something to this razor's reputation.

Now if I only could add 20mm or so to the handle....

Gear:
Leresche #77
Voskhod
Wolf Whiskers
Fitjar Shea Pleasure
Floid Blue
100+ year old silver plated shaving mug

288wjs0.jpg

Greetings

Thursday 3rd December 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: Gillette 'New'
Blade: Treet 'Black Beauty' Carbon
Brush: Semogue 1250 Boar
Soap: La Toja Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Miller Harris La Fumee

Regards
Dick.

P1000525.JPG

Vintage Progress (4, then 3)
Rapira Swede (1)
Vintage Crabtree and Evelyn Sandalwood Soap
Switchback 400 brush (Teddy Bear Head)
Bay rum splash
Nivea Sensitive / Bay rum blend

Lovely shave, smooth as a baby's bum.

lqULyQNh.jpg

Shave & Scent of the day with:
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Special Edition Soap
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (4th)
Post #1: Mario Badescu After Shave Moisturizer
Post #2: Origins Multi-benefit Moisturizer
Scent: Dior Homme Parfum by Dior

Outstanding shave with a great soap!

Thursday 3rd December - the 1912 revisited.

Omega 11126 Boar
OSP Bay Rum
ER 1912 Bathroom Set Razor , with alloy handle
Gem S/S [ 2 ] with 1/2 Spine Shim
Alum Rub/Aqua Velva

Had not used an English 1912 ,as in my early days as a SE shaver , found them to provide a harsh shave, compared with their American Cousins. Having found that now, I seem to get a good shave from my other ER/Gem razors , I decided to try one again.

I chose a Bathroom Set model, which has an aluminium handle, thus is quite light. Fitted with a shim and a blade on it`s second use, the shave was incredibly smooth, and the razor seemed to glide around the face , aided by the lather of the OSP. The finish provided was top notch. I am now happy to acknowledge the humble 1912 , as a very fine razor . My previous view no doubt tainted by my inexperience in SE shaving.

IMG_0025.jpg

Proraso red
SOC boar
EJ DE89
Polsilver SI
Myrsol emulsion
L'Occitane Cedrat EDT

2nd time using the SOC, struggled the first time to get enough lather for more than one pass so really loaded the brush up today and the same thing happened. Loads of lather for the first pass but it had all but disappeared for the second pass. I had a similar experience with a Semogue 1305 and ended up binning it.

1961 was a very good year[emoji1]
Another great shave with my birth quarter razor. Two pass BBS with very little cleanup and no irritation. I like this combination!
SOTD
Route 66 Sweeney Todd soap
AoS Pure Badger brush
SuperSpeed (1961 birth quarter)
Feather blade (3)
AoS AS Balm
Pitrulon Classic AS
Happy Thursday!

Back
Top Bottom