Pre#2: Fcuk pre-shave face wash
Soap: Nanny's Silly Soap, Moroccan Sands
Brush: Wilkinson Sword bristle
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade: 7 O'Clock green (2nd shave)
Post#1: Boots witchhazel and tea tree cleanser
Post#2: Boots Freshwood aftershave balm
Post#3: E45 moisturiser

My first time shaving with something other than a Palmolive soap stick, I reached blindly into my box of samples and pulled out the Nanny's Silly Soap moroccan sands. I took a finger-nail sized piece off the sample and lathered it up in a bowl with a wet brush. After a bit of work the brush was soon full of lovely dense foam. The smell was nice if not my favourite but performance was great - all three passes went without a hitch and I was able to go over areas again (gently) by just adding water to the skin, so slickness seems good. During the final, thorough rinse, my skin felt so clean that the skin on my hands was actually gripping my face, causing them to judder along my face like a wiper bIade on a dry windscreen! Squeaky clean, fantastic, I've never had that before.

Conclusion: a very nice soap, I will definitely buy some but perhaps a different scent.

Last edited:
i was given this cream to try. Very good and really good performance, Nic cushioning, super slick and great post shave feel.

Pre: Proraso pre shave sensitive skin.
Soap: Jack Black shaving cream.
Razor PAA D.O.C with Windrose handle.
Blade: Astra (new)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Post: Thayers cucumber witch hazel & Real time shaving co. balm.

image.jpeg

Prep - Shower / Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Gillette NEW Long Comb
Blade - Perma-Sharp Super (#2)
Brush - Omega 20106
Soap - Arko
After - Frozen towel / Alum & WH Mix
Result - BBS

It's been quite some time since the LC has graced my stubble - and it tells! Usual smooth result from the blades but it's not exactly irritation free, even the rarely seen alum block made a guest appearance.
I had more than a few interruptions and constant noise throughout, something that has actually never happened me in the almost two years since going traditional, so I was a little wound-up to say the least. I reckon a combination of these factors has left me less than satisfied tonight. This is not something I'm accustomed to!

i was given this cream to try. Very good and really good performance, Nic cushioning, super slick and great post shave feel.

Pre: Proraso pre shave sensitive skin.
Soap: Jack Black shaving cream.
Razor PAA D.O.C with Windrose handle.
Blade: Astra (new)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Post: Thayers cucumber witch hazel & Real time shaving co. balm.

View attachment 15515

That handle looks nice and weighty! I'm waiting for a plissoft brush to arrive, how are you finding it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom