Sampson's Natural AS Balm
522c813f9ae6a3d5a67f75dd6de9d2ef.jpg

Proraso red
SOC boar
EJ DE89
Polsilver SI
Myrsol emulsion
L'Occitane Cedrat EDT

2nd time using the SOC, struggled the first time to get enough lather for more than one pass so really loaded the brush up today and the same thing happened. Loads of lather for the first pass but it had all but disappeared for the second pass. I had a similar experience with a Semogue 1305 and ended up binning it.
Aye up, smiler owd lad...

Semogues, I believe take a bit longer to break in than Omegas so stick with it, fella. Maybe give it a a good few vigourous hand latherings with some ordinary soap or some shaving soap you don't care for. Give it 48 hours between uses and you should soon start to see the ends splitting. Use a different brush meantime (presuming you have more than one). Failing that, sell it and buy an Omega 20102 - fab boar brush and quite a bit cheaper.

IMG_2325_Fotor.jpg

Bulldog Face Wash
Meißner Tremonia "Natural Brown" Guiaicwood & Bergamot (Market Tester)
Omega 10098 Professional Boar
Face Lathered
Star 1912
GEM Stainless (8)
Single Pass - WTG (Slide)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Puig Quorum Aftershave & EDT
Darbar (via Paradise Perfumes & Gems) Attar (Wrists)

After shaving with the official Leresche #77 yesterday I decided to try out the 'prototype 77' (in lack of a better name for this thing).

Quite to my surprise I actually preferred this version to the 'official #77' - the head was more audible and smoother and delivered the same fantastic, clean and effortless shave.
Fantastic razor - really makes me with they had carried this head design into more modern offerings.

ev5enp.jpg

I don't use my Becker scuttle a whole lot but this morning we were faced with some arctic temperatures around 50F so I thought it was very apt to bring it out.
My 10 year old NOS eShave brush performed swimmingly and whipped up a nice lather from the the Speick Active cream in no time.
Never really having tried Speick until very recently I am very impressed both by scent, performance and price.

24lit7l.jpg

A great shave was had. Some coffee and I was ready to face the world.

img_2044.jpg

Proraso White Preshave
Stirling Synthetic
Soap Commander Resolution
Featherweight
Gem (6)
Ikon 102
Wilky (8)
Razorock The Beach aftershave

Decided the gem blade had seen better days after the first pass so grabbed the closest razor to finish off the last two passes.

sotd_3_12.jpg

1921 Gillette New Standard.
Gillette 7 O'clock yellow (1st shave).
Wilkinson Sword bristle.
TOBS almond cream.
Nivea Men Cool Kick balm.
Nivea Men moisturiser.

My first shave with this razor, this blade, this cream and post software. It went very well bar a couple of weepers. I think I just need to get used to the slightly more aggressive nature of this razor compared to my Classic.

Oh, if that looks like a cereal bowl, that's because it is. Nothing but the best here! :D

Last edited:
SOTD - Friday
Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: Soap Commander "Commitment"
Brush: Shavemac TSR-LE 24mm 2-band silvertip bulb
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat 1941 (Father's birth-year)
Blade: Gillette "Spoiler" (1)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel followed by Village Barber balm

Gillette Fusion ProGlide FlexBall Power
Rexell Menthol foam
Speick Men ASL
Unrefined shea butter

Work is so **** at the moment that I don't even want to pick up a razor and brush. It's clearly having an effect at home, where the missus has been picking up my slack this week.

Greetings

Friday 4th December 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: Treet 1912 Baton Handle
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Duke 3
Soap: Speick Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: L' Instant de Guerlain

Regards
Dick.

P1000529.JPG

Fri 4th December.
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Lea Classic Cream
ER 1912 Razor from Peerless Set- has alloy handle
Gem S/S [ 3 ] & 1/2 Spine Shim
Alum Rub / Myrsol Antesol.

Nice end to this Shaving Week , have finally come to appreciate the 1912 as great razor. Getting good shaves now, probably
better technique and addition of a shim.

IMG_0026.jpg

Back
Top Bottom