Rapira (3)
FS 28mm Silvertip brush
La Toja (grated into a bowl)
Presaro pre shave cream
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
B.B Revenge aftershave balm
Tabac A/S
Don't know what the hell happened with this shave! Got two nasty nicks, one cracker just on the top of upper lip, the other on the chin! Not overly impressed with the lather I got with the La Toja, got a bit cocky with the Fat tip and he bit me back! Very close shave after 3 passes but a wicked dose of razor burn. Going to leave it for a day or so for chops to recover. Never had a bad shave with the FT so far.......perhaps I had an off day!!!!!!!

Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Personna Med Prep (1)
Semogue SOC 2-band
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Penhaligon's Castile edt

Lather from MWF was shoddy. Ho hum. It's a forgiving razor, though, and the blade's smooth enough.

NotTheStig said:
I'm glad you seem to include the Boots Freshwood balm in that magic formula

Well, it seems to be what I need right now most days with my face being unusually dry for some reason. Takes a while to rub in because of how thick it is, and it's not something I would think I'd wanna use during the warmer months, but yeah, I will use this all up!

Easier on my face than any alcohol base AS......that's for sure. That was nice of you to think of me.

Thäter 4125/4, Confiança O Melhor, Ford&Medley "Challenge" 5/8, Floris 89

large

aa800.jpg

Greetings

Tuesday 19th March 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Junior Baton Handle
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Tweex grated into a container
Aftershave: Simple Balm

Super shave.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04048.JPG

Nice head and face whilst listening to Neil Gaimans Neverwhere which the BBC are putting out on Iplayer.

EJDE89
Red Personna
EJ badger
St James Clarysage and Cedarwood cream and EDT
Nivea Balm

Tuesday:

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue 2012 SE
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Red Personna
Witch Hazel
TOBS Mr Taylor's AS
Nivea Skin Energy ASB
L'Occinaine Baux EdT

Very nice job. BBS results.

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Kropp 6/8", black horn scales, restored by UKRob
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 in two-band best
Soap: Pre de Provence
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger

Good one.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Savile Row badger
'Webly'/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
RL Safari SS
Boots AS Balm
RL 'Safari' EdT (old juice)

Great shave as usual, using one of my very favorite soaps paired with an excellent razor/blade combo. This old soap is one of the easiest ones to lather, with a very nice scent to boot. Poifect!

BBS results,

Martin

Tuesday

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Dickinson & Gilroys ebay special
Soap: Nannys Citrus Zinger
Razor: Gillette New with iKon Bulldog
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum

The brush lathered up a lot better than I expected. It is quite a stiff brush with thick bristles so I think it will need a bit of breaking in. I am guessing it is synthetic, but would welcome you other thoughts when they arrive.

IMG_0678_zps46b52ffa.jpg

Soap: Tabac bowl lathered
Brush: Omega boar
Razor: EJ89
Blade: BiC chrome platinum w. shim

First try with the BiC blades, and I'm very impressed. Very sharp and very smooth, and a very close shave with virtually no sting from the alum block post shave. Impressed! Thanks Mr Gairdner for the blade!

Tuesday 19th

sotd19313.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Nanny's Warm spice hard soap scuttle lathered
Kent BK8 brush
Merkur Progress short handle set at 2.5
Lord super chrome (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Nivea replenishing post shave balm

Lovely comfortable shave today. I loaded plenty of Nanny's soap on the brush which made a slick lather. The Progress razor seems better after a good scrub with an old toothbrush in hot soapy water. The imbalance seems to have gone and be almost equal agression each side. The Lord blade smooth and forgiving not super sharp but good enough.

Brian

s5wr5e.jpg

2mfkyg3.jpg

My last two shaves only changing the shaving cream. Some time has passed since a used this chinese Frank Shaving Finest brush and I still think that is the best two bands I have tested in value&money terms (with a 23x45 mm. knot at least)

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom