S.O.T.D. Saturday 16th March to Friday 22nd March 2013

Preshave : hot water and soap face wash
Brush : men - u boar brush from boots
Cream: derby original (quite a clean scent, noticeable when shaving but it didn't linger)
Razor : gillette aluminium handled tech
Blade : palm stropped derby extra
Post shave : cold water
Result
BBS. Impressed with the derbies, but not too keen on the cream (a little greasy)

TOBS Coconut cream
Henk walnut silvertip
Fatboy gold on 5 with Polsilver Stainless (2)
Original Source balm

BBS again! What am I doing to get great results these days? Some weeks are full of bad ones with the same kinds of set-ups

Prep L'Occitane Verbena Soap
Razor Feather Artist Club DX
Blade Feather Pro
Brush Simpsons Chubby 1 in Super
Vito's Super Coconut
Alum & Witch Hazel
Una Brennan Neroli Moisturiser
Penhaligon's Castile Edt

Jamie.

This will be my first shave with the new Feather DX I was asked by another forum member to give my opinion on the way this razor shaves compared to the Feather AC - SS, well I've owned and shaved with both these razors and always with the same Feather Pro blade, now I will say there is a noticeable difference, mainly in the smoothness of the razors face the smooth wedge face of the DX felt better over the safer curved design of the SS, shave wise well I couldn't tell the difference both will deliver an equally smooth shave, but the DX does cost more than twice the price of the AC - SS, having said that the DX looks far better and the materials and quality a very much superior, for those reasons I would say I personally think it's worth the extra £100.

FotoFlexer_Photo_zps457ecc8d.jpg

Greetings

Friday 22nd March 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1924 Shovelhead
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Soap: Tabac
Aftershave: RSC Balm

An ultra close shave from my new (to me) '24. These razors are IMHO very aggressive but not 'vicious' or difficult to shave with and do produce a super result.

I think I have now arrived at what I believe are my top three shaving soaps although in my mind I keep juggling with the order in which I rate them, but they are:- Tabac, Spieck and Wilkinson Sword Stick.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04084.JPG

Thursday Night

Prep: Cold Water Splash
Razor: FaTip with Weber Bulldog Handle
Blade: Shark Stainless #2
Brush: Neep 26x48 Stone Extra Silvertip
Soap: Lea Stick
Post: Proraso Menthol Post Cream, Styptic Pencil, Proraso Splash, Witch Hazel, TOBS Jermyn St Aftershave cream.

a proper rough 2nd shave with that blade, my face was fixed by this morning though with all that post shave stuff, lol

i think i'll be avoiding the shark blades!

Floid Vigoroso Splash this morning

Friday Morning

I had to test out my latest acquisition this morning, a huge brush, with which I bowl lathered for a change.

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Simpson PL8 Super Badger
Bowl: Steve Woodhead
Cream: T+H West Indian Limes
Razor: Gillette New with UFO2 handle
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus
A/S: Cream: T+H West Indian Limes
Cologne: Cream: T+H West Indian Limes

IMG_0691-Edit_zps01a08983.jpg

Friday:

RazoRock XXX
Semogue 2012 LE
Slim Adjustable
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Witch Hazel
Pinaud Vanilla AS
Nivea Cool Kick ASB
CK One EdT

Lovely close shave once again. BBS results.

ioiwsk.jpg

Pre hot towel + Musgo Real Oak Moss shaving cream + Semogue SOC boar + Pearl open comb with Astra blue #1 + GFT Skinfood Sandalwood with 1916 Hierba Fresca cologne

First time I use this new Musgo Real cream: citric scent with some woody reminiscent, good but I still prefer the classic one.

About the razor, is the most agressive open comb I have ever tested, you must be careful with it to avoid nicks&irritation but in the other hand I get very close shaves with it: ideally for "hard" beards.

Cheers!

No pictures today - I don't have my camera.

Prep: Shower then cold rinse
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 and EJDE89BL
Brush: Shaving.ie Silvertip
Blade: GEM SE blade and NOS Perma-Sharp Super (made in Scotland)
Pre-Shave: Village Barber Oil
Soap: MWF + Ingrams + Glycerin
A/S: Homemade A/S (vanilla/menthol kind of scent)
Result: My first time using the 1912 (or any SE) and I think I am converted! I've been sporting a beard for about a year and just shaving my neck, so I had about 8mm of growth and the 1912 cut through it like butter! What a fantastic and intuitive razor.

Re: RE: S.O.T.D. Saturday 16th March to Friday 22nd March 2013

mulligano said:
No pictures today - I don't have my camera.

Prep: Shower then cold rinse
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 and EJDE89BL
Brush: Shaving.ie Silvertip
Blade: GEM SE blade and NOS Perma-Sharp Super (made in Scotland)
Pre-Shave: Village Barber Oil
Soap: MWF + Ingrams + Glycerin
A/S: Homemade A/S (vanilla/menthol kind of scent)
Result: My first time using the 1912 (or any SE) and I think I am converted! I've been sporting a beard for about a year and just shaving my neck, so I had about 8mm of growth and the 1912 cut through it like butter! What a fantastic and intuitive razor.
Did you start or finish with the Permasharp you mentioned?

Prep: Shower
Scuttle: Schwarzweisskeramik
Brush: Semogue Boar OC Cherry
Razor: Unbranded French '130 Acier Suedois' 6/8" Full hollow
Soap: Nanny's Silly Soap Company soft 'Ice & Slice'
Astringent: Osma Alum
Balm: Woods of Windsor
Eau de Toilette: Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien

SOTD-13-03-22_zps40c2a5b8.jpg

Friday xxii March

Prep: Hot shower, lemon glycerine soap
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Dr Dittmar Speziale
Brush: Grosvenor 404 Bodger
Razor: Ikon 2PB
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Splash: Florida Water

Result: Lovely shave; whenever I am home a use the Ikon with one of the Polsilver family and it really is very good to me. The Dittmar is an excellent soap and today I used my new Woodhead bowl, which whipped up a lovely rich and creamy lather. First splash with the Florida Water and it certainly has a distinct, not unpleasant scent, but doesn't last too long.

Happy days...

Jon

Friday 03-22-13. MUSIC: Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Everybody knows this is nowhere.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGpBawPsqR4[/video]

e9b6299c-e45c-4d42-8c4f-9bfadc531599.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 2 best badger - Gillette Rocket HD 500 - Derby Extra #2 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Vitto's coconut - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Floïd - ASL Clarins Men.

Back
Top Bottom