S.O.T.D Sat. 8th Dec. to Frid.14th Dec. 2012

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Weber ARC
Personna Medical Prep (third or fourth shave)
TOBS Shaving Shop a/s

Thoroughly superb shave today. I started off with yesterday's English Wilkie but it wasn't getting through the stubble as well as I had hoped. I tried an old Med. Prep. blade and wow! Ploughed through the rest of the first pass with not tugging except a very minor amount when going ATG on the jawline. I did four passes and some touch-ups to get all over BBS! All that and face fine to take some alcohol-based splash!

MR GLO soap.
Muhle R89 with Personna red blade #1.
New Forest super badger brush.
Lavanda shaving cream.
Neals Yard ASB.
Azzaro pour homme EDT.

Nice shave today, forgot how good the Lavanda is, will have to use it more frequently.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
'Webly'/Personna74 (NOS)
The Soap Opera Himalaya SS
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (black bottle)

This morning was the tenth shave for this old blade. Normally I will use a blade 3-4 times and then toss it, but not with this one. Still sharper and smoother than most others right outta the wrapper. Pretty crazy.

BBS results,

Martin

Today, a full lavender shave!

mljjps.jpg

Pre Veleiro soap + Welleda shaving cream + Omega 31052/81052 + UFO U2 Long with Merkur and Croma #1 + Ach Brito Lavanda cologne with Proraso balm

This Omega is my favourite boar for lathering creams in bowl and is very pleasant for circular motions in face as well (very soft tips): it has the right size, not too small, not too big.

The only con could be these Croma blades, I didn't found them enough sharp for my taste.

Cheers!

Thursday

Nuage Men shaving oil
Supermax Ultimate cream
Vulfix Bodger
EJDE89L, Astra Superior Stainless
Babbershop Bay Rum
RSC Balm

Not good, around a dozen weepers. Not had a shave like that for ages. I didn't enjoy this cream in my last shave (different blade), noticed it wasn't very protective for me. This shave seemed to confirm it. Binned the cream. Next shave, with a tried and trusted soap, should tell me how I get on with this blade.

Friday

R41
Treet durasharp
Valobra Menthol
Omega n. 37
Superdrug Forest Fresh splash
clinique balm - about 30 mins after.

3rd shave with the Treet/R41 combo and I've really enjoyed it. Have to say it's better withthe Proraso than the Valobra but I've had some good comfortable and very close shaves with the combo.

Beautiful smooth shave today:

Proraso pre/post
NF Tubby 1
T&H 1805 cream
Weber DLC/UFO Goliath XL Red Bronze - Gillette super thin
Profs ASB mixed with 444

Silky smooth two pass shave, forgot how good this blade is. And this cream is fast becoming my favourite.[attachment=6204]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355487924.606615.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355487924.606615.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 26
Friday Morning

I fancied a change this morning from my stainless razors so dug out the Slim Adjustable.

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Floris JF
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Splash: Barbershop Bay Rum

A nice pleasant shave, I found the Slim quite lightweight compared to recent razors, and found it needed a bit more pressure than I'm used to.

IMG_0153-Edit_zpsb175bac1.jpg

Today's shave

Gillette Red tip
Feather blade
Kent BK4 Brush
MWF

Result BSS WTG:D

The MWF for me is a very good shaving soap, its cushion and glide is first rate.
The choice of the red tip was a deliberate choice since the red tip will bite if I don't
bother to shave with it properly.

The lather is so good it kept the red tip and the feather blade at bay with ease.

The only down side with MWF is a lot more work with the lathering/ prep of the soap but the pay off is that lather, and I can see this soap making regular outings.

Would I recommend this soap to a Newbie.... No I think they would need to get
some lathering time under the belt first..unless they are confident with there lathering, it ain't rocket science.

UKROB: I was concerned about a red blotchy face and kept looking throughout my shave, but I'm glad to say there was no reaction to the shaving soap. I can only offer my condolences to you with your face and this soap reacting the way it does ,and to further this as a warning to other's that they could have a reaction to The Fat...but hopefully not.

Kind regards John.

Good afternoon all.

Prep: Nivea Face Wash, Hot Flannel, White Proraso Pre/Post
Cream: T&H Lavender
Brush: M&F Blonde Badger
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Post: Alum, Cucumber Witch Hazel, Weleda After Shave Balm

DFS. Very comforable :)

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Le Tuft with Abalone in base and Simpson 22 mm super knot
Razor: C V Heljestrand, M K no 31 in ivory scales
Cream: Simpson
AS: Lavanada
Edt: Penhaligon's Castile
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

First shave with this one and it delivered big time, such a nice steel and grind, Heljestrand and cut throats at it's best :D
0121024x763.jpg

Back
Top Bottom